5 Reasons The Hunger Games Will Be Bigger Than Harry Potter (page 3)
1. Katniss Everdeen
Harry Potter, “the boy who lived.” Katniss Everdeen, “the girl on fire.” Almost sounds like they’re made for each other. Katniss is a true original, an unwilling hero who’s very existence is defined by her hardcore survivalist nature. Where so many other protagonists spend most of their time obsessing over their conflicted emotions (Twilight comes to mind) or the boy they want-but-can’t-have (Harry and his parents), Katniss is concerned only with whatever she needs in order to survive.
Unlike Harry, Katniss is reactive. She isn’t really sure how she feels about those in power, or those fighting it. Katniss is looking to survive and provide a better life for her and her family. The citizens of Panem are drawn to her raw talent as a survivalist. She is guarded and closed off, but as the story unfolds you find she is also selfless, honorable, and thoroughly moral. She’s not just a character that viewers can root for, but a character that they can relate too.
What do you think? Will Hunger Games or Harry Potter be bigger? Tell us what you think in the comments.
- Texas Ranked Among Worst States For Drivers. See How Bad!
- VIDEO: Taylor Swift Fan Ambushes Her On Stage
- Romeo Beckham Turns 13 Today! See Him All Grown Up.
- Is Cameron Diaz Hiding A Baby Bump?
- VIDEO: Watch Miley Cyrus’ Family’s Live Reaction To Nicki Minaj Dissing Her
- Adam Levine Attempts To Make Breakfast For His Supermodel Wife And Makes A Mess
- This Little Girl Covered Her Little Brother Head To Toe With Peanut Butter
- Is Tom Hanks Son Missing??
- Justin Timberlake is Making a Concert Film
- Man Claims His 19-Inch Penis Is Ruining His Life