5 Reasons The Hunger Games Will Be Bigger Than Harry Potter (page 3)
1. Katniss Everdeen
Harry Potter, “the boy who lived.” Katniss Everdeen, “the girl on fire.” Almost sounds like they’re made for each other. Katniss is a true original, an unwilling hero who’s very existence is defined by her hardcore survivalist nature. Where so many other protagonists spend most of their time obsessing over their conflicted emotions (Twilight comes to mind) or the boy they want-but-can’t-have (Harry and his parents), Katniss is concerned only with whatever she needs in order to survive.
Unlike Harry, Katniss is reactive. She isn’t really sure how she feels about those in power, or those fighting it. Katniss is looking to survive and provide a better life for her and her family. The citizens of Panem are drawn to her raw talent as a survivalist. She is guarded and closed off, but as the story unfolds you find she is also selfless, honorable, and thoroughly moral. She’s not just a character that viewers can root for, but a character that they can relate too.
What do you think? Will Hunger Games or Harry Potter be bigger? Tell us what you think in the comments.
- Tom Cruise Takes on Jimmy Fallon in Epic Lip Synch Battle
- Netflix Streaming In August: What Is Coming And What Is Going
- Bobbi Kristina: Details On Her Final Moments
- Why Is Malia Obama Spending Her Summer In New York City Away From The White House?
- Child Star Michael Oliver: You’ll Never Guess What He Looks Like Now
- John Stamos Blesses Us With Another Sneak Peek Picture From Fuller House #BeckyAndJesseForever
- Donald Trump’s Ex Wife Ivana Trump Says She Felt “Violated” During Sex With Him
- Tom Cruise Channels Top Gun In Epic Lip Sync Battle With Jimmy Fallon
- Why Are Ben Affleck And Jennifer Garner In No Rush To Divorce?
- Bobbi Kristina Autopsy: What Did Preliminary Reports Find?