5 Reasons The Hunger Games Will Be Bigger Than Harry Potter (page 3)
1. Katniss Everdeen
Harry Potter, “the boy who lived.” Katniss Everdeen, “the girl on fire.” Almost sounds like they’re made for each other. Katniss is a true original, an unwilling hero who’s very existence is defined by her hardcore survivalist nature. Where so many other protagonists spend most of their time obsessing over their conflicted emotions (Twilight comes to mind) or the boy they want-but-can’t-have (Harry and his parents), Katniss is concerned only with whatever she needs in order to survive.
Unlike Harry, Katniss is reactive. She isn’t really sure how she feels about those in power, or those fighting it. Katniss is looking to survive and provide a better life for her and her family. The citizens of Panem are drawn to her raw talent as a survivalist. She is guarded and closed off, but as the story unfolds you find she is also selfless, honorable, and thoroughly moral. She’s not just a character that viewers can root for, but a character that they can relate too.
What do you think? Will Hunger Games or Harry Potter be bigger? Tell us what you think in the comments.
- Looking For Something Fun For The Whole Family This Weekend? Did I Mention All Of These Are Free!
- Text Wedding Invite To The Wrong Person And They Still Show Up? #WeStillComing
- VIDEO: Season 4 Game Of Thrones Bloopers
- VIDEO: Morgan Freeman & Jimmy Fallon On Helium Is EVERYTHING!
- JUST RELEASED VIDEO: “Walking Dead” Season 5 Trailer
- Foodie Blog: Shrimp Ceviche!
- Amy Winehouse the Subject of New Comic Book
- Damian from School of Metaphysics Interprets Listener’s Dreams
- What’s Hot: Collin County Farmers Market!
- Kesha Once Broke Into Prince’s House to Drop Off Her Album