5 Reasons The Hunger Games Will Be Bigger Than Harry Potter (page 3)
1. Katniss Everdeen
Harry Potter, “the boy who lived.” Katniss Everdeen, “the girl on fire.” Almost sounds like they’re made for each other. Katniss is a true original, an unwilling hero who’s very existence is defined by her hardcore survivalist nature. Where so many other protagonists spend most of their time obsessing over their conflicted emotions (Twilight comes to mind) or the boy they want-but-can’t-have (Harry and his parents), Katniss is concerned only with whatever she needs in order to survive.
Unlike Harry, Katniss is reactive. She isn’t really sure how she feels about those in power, or those fighting it. Katniss is looking to survive and provide a better life for her and her family. The citizens of Panem are drawn to her raw talent as a survivalist. She is guarded and closed off, but as the story unfolds you find she is also selfless, honorable, and thoroughly moral. She’s not just a character that viewers can root for, but a character that they can relate too.
What do you think? Will Hunger Games or Harry Potter be bigger? Tell us what you think in the comments.
- John Legend And Chrissy Teigen Are Pregnant! See Their Adorable Announcement Photo.
- Cecil The Lion Killer Walter Palmer Will Not Be Charged In Zimbabwe
- Cowboys’ Game Parking Lot Shooter Identified
- Playboy Will No Longer Feature Nude Models
- These Are The Best Halloween Costumes For Couples
- This New Magic Bra Mirror Can Work Out Your Bra Size
- Calvin Harris Fires Back at Taylor Swift Breakup Rumors
- Here Are The Best (And Worst) Justin Bieber Nude Edits
- Person Sent To ER After A Wheel Came Off A Ride At The State Fair Of Texas
- University Of Texas Students Are Carrying Dildos To Protest The Campus Carry Gun Law