5 Reasons The Hunger Games Will Be Bigger Than Harry Potter (page 3)
1. Katniss Everdeen
Harry Potter, “the boy who lived.” Katniss Everdeen, “the girl on fire.” Almost sounds like they’re made for each other. Katniss is a true original, an unwilling hero who’s very existence is defined by her hardcore survivalist nature. Where so many other protagonists spend most of their time obsessing over their conflicted emotions (Twilight comes to mind) or the boy they want-but-can’t-have (Harry and his parents), Katniss is concerned only with whatever she needs in order to survive.
Unlike Harry, Katniss is reactive. She isn’t really sure how she feels about those in power, or those fighting it. Katniss is looking to survive and provide a better life for her and her family. The citizens of Panem are drawn to her raw talent as a survivalist. She is guarded and closed off, but as the story unfolds you find she is also selfless, honorable, and thoroughly moral. She’s not just a character that viewers can root for, but a character that they can relate too.
What do you think? Will Hunger Games or Harry Potter be bigger? Tell us what you think in the comments.
- Mike Huckabee Jumps In On The Duggar Scandal
- Man Protests Overbooked Flight… By Getting Naked
- Ashley Olsen’s Ongoing Battle With Lyme Disease- Getting Worse?
- The Ten Types Of People You Hate On Social Media
- VIDEO: Warning Selfie Sticks Might Show More Than You Actually Want
- Duggar Update: Expert Says Josh May Have Been A Victim in His Youth
- Can We Guess How Many People You Hooked Up With Based On Your Food Preferences
- Booker T Washington Students NAIL Pharrell Flash Mob at the Rustic
- VIDEO: Kory @ Disneyland’s Diamond Celebration: Day Two
- U2 Worried Their Tour Was Already Over When The Edge Fell Off the Stage