5 Reasons The Hunger Games Will Be Bigger Than Harry Potter (page 3)
1. Katniss Everdeen
Harry Potter, “the boy who lived.” Katniss Everdeen, “the girl on fire.” Almost sounds like they’re made for each other. Katniss is a true original, an unwilling hero who’s very existence is defined by her hardcore survivalist nature. Where so many other protagonists spend most of their time obsessing over their conflicted emotions (Twilight comes to mind) or the boy they want-but-can’t-have (Harry and his parents), Katniss is concerned only with whatever she needs in order to survive.
Unlike Harry, Katniss is reactive. She isn’t really sure how she feels about those in power, or those fighting it. Katniss is looking to survive and provide a better life for her and her family. The citizens of Panem are drawn to her raw talent as a survivalist. She is guarded and closed off, but as the story unfolds you find she is also selfless, honorable, and thoroughly moral. She’s not just a character that viewers can root for, but a character that they can relate too.
What do you think? Will Hunger Games or Harry Potter be bigger? Tell us what you think in the comments.
- MTV Announces Full List Of Performers For The 2015 Video Music Awards
- VIDEO: Crocodile Accidentally Bites Off Another Crocodile’s Foot
- Crash Victims Will Sue Caitlyn Jenner For…
- This Couple Just Raised The Bar With Pregnancy Announcements . . . They Did It With A Sex Tape
- This Was The Cutest New Born Photo Shoot Until He Pooped On His Dad
- PETA Has Come Out With Their Own Version Of “Cecil The Lion Killer” And It’s Awesome!
- Woman Arrested After Botched Surgery Leaving Man’s “Member” Deformed
- Lindsey Lohan Got Naked At A Friends Wedding And Claimed She Was “Drugged”
- Middle School Teacher Decorates Her Entire Classroom In Harry Potter!!!
- What Happens When American Children Taste School Lunches From Around The World?