5 Reasons The Hunger Games Will Be Bigger Than Harry Potter (page 3)
1. Katniss Everdeen
Harry Potter, “the boy who lived.” Katniss Everdeen, “the girl on fire.” Almost sounds like they’re made for each other. Katniss is a true original, an unwilling hero who’s very existence is defined by her hardcore survivalist nature. Where so many other protagonists spend most of their time obsessing over their conflicted emotions (Twilight comes to mind) or the boy they want-but-can’t-have (Harry and his parents), Katniss is concerned only with whatever she needs in order to survive.
Unlike Harry, Katniss is reactive. She isn’t really sure how she feels about those in power, or those fighting it. Katniss is looking to survive and provide a better life for her and her family. The citizens of Panem are drawn to her raw talent as a survivalist. She is guarded and closed off, but as the story unfolds you find she is also selfless, honorable, and thoroughly moral. She’s not just a character that viewers can root for, but a character that they can relate too.
What do you think? Will Hunger Games or Harry Potter be bigger? Tell us what you think in the comments.
- You Are Never Going To Believe Who Sang Backup On “Four Five Seconds”
- Sadly, Burger King Cologne Is Not An April Fools Joke.
- BREAKING: Avril Lavigne Reveals Disease Diagnosis
- Does List Of States With “Highest” Residents Include Texas?
- Girl’s April Fools Joke On Boyfriend Fails In Epic Fashion – On Twitter.
- VIDEO: Physics Teacher Gets Hit In The Nuts With An Ax
- Which ‘Walking Dead’ Character Has the Most Kills?
- Brandi Glanville Flips Out On Her Boss!
- New Study Shows The Cheapest Day To Buy Flights
- Did You Know Glow-In-The-Dark Tampons Can Track Pollution?