5 Reasons The Hunger Games Will Be Bigger Than Harry Potter (page 3)
1. Katniss Everdeen
Harry Potter, “the boy who lived.” Katniss Everdeen, “the girl on fire.” Almost sounds like they’re made for each other. Katniss is a true original, an unwilling hero who’s very existence is defined by her hardcore survivalist nature. Where so many other protagonists spend most of their time obsessing over their conflicted emotions (Twilight comes to mind) or the boy they want-but-can’t-have (Harry and his parents), Katniss is concerned only with whatever she needs in order to survive.
Unlike Harry, Katniss is reactive. She isn’t really sure how she feels about those in power, or those fighting it. Katniss is looking to survive and provide a better life for her and her family. The citizens of Panem are drawn to her raw talent as a survivalist. She is guarded and closed off, but as the story unfolds you find she is also selfless, honorable, and thoroughly moral. She’s not just a character that viewers can root for, but a character that they can relate too.
What do you think? Will Hunger Games or Harry Potter be bigger? Tell us what you think in the comments.
- Blake: Kickin’ ‘Em To The Curb – Kid Style
- Win Big In KVIL’s Justin Timbercash Giveaway
- Paramore All Access Weekend
- Don’t Miss Scarborough Renassaince Festival
- See Andy Grammer Live At KVIL
- Miley Cyrus Hospitalized For Severe Allergic Reaction, Cancels Shows
- Win Tickets To The Voice Live Tour
- Win Jesus Christ Superstar Tickets
- 10 Women Who Should Headline Coachella In 2015
- Billboard Hot 100 Sets Record for Gridlock as ‘Happy’ Retains Top Spot