5 Reasons The Hunger Games Will Be Bigger Than Harry Potter (page 3)
1. Katniss Everdeen
Harry Potter, “the boy who lived.” Katniss Everdeen, “the girl on fire.” Almost sounds like they’re made for each other. Katniss is a true original, an unwilling hero who’s very existence is defined by her hardcore survivalist nature. Where so many other protagonists spend most of their time obsessing over their conflicted emotions (Twilight comes to mind) or the boy they want-but-can’t-have (Harry and his parents), Katniss is concerned only with whatever she needs in order to survive.
Unlike Harry, Katniss is reactive. She isn’t really sure how she feels about those in power, or those fighting it. Katniss is looking to survive and provide a better life for her and her family. The citizens of Panem are drawn to her raw talent as a survivalist. She is guarded and closed off, but as the story unfolds you find she is also selfless, honorable, and thoroughly moral. She’s not just a character that viewers can root for, but a character that they can relate too.
What do you think? Will Hunger Games or Harry Potter be bigger? Tell us what you think in the comments.
- Are The Halloween Decorations In The Front Yard Of This House Offensive?
- Watch Outtakes Of Robin Williams Recording “Aladdin” Voiceover
- Mila Kunis Is Hiring A Nanny And Insists She Can’t Be Hot
- 20 Breakup Texts That Will Make You Want To Stay Single Forever
- The New Internet Trend Is People Posing Naked As Frozen Chickens
- This Dress Will Convince You That You Need A Butt Veil For Your Wedding
- 23 Pictures That Guys Will Never Understand
- Spice Girls And Backstreet Boys To Reunite For A Joint Tour?
- Selena Gomez on Intimate, Authentic ‘Revival’
- Justin Bieber’s Dad Has Some Thoughts On His Penis