5 Reasons The Hunger Games Will Be Bigger Than Harry Potter (page 3)
1. Katniss Everdeen
Harry Potter, “the boy who lived.” Katniss Everdeen, “the girl on fire.” Almost sounds like they’re made for each other. Katniss is a true original, an unwilling hero who’s very existence is defined by her hardcore survivalist nature. Where so many other protagonists spend most of their time obsessing over their conflicted emotions (Twilight comes to mind) or the boy they want-but-can’t-have (Harry and his parents), Katniss is concerned only with whatever she needs in order to survive.
Unlike Harry, Katniss is reactive. She isn’t really sure how she feels about those in power, or those fighting it. Katniss is looking to survive and provide a better life for her and her family. The citizens of Panem are drawn to her raw talent as a survivalist. She is guarded and closed off, but as the story unfolds you find she is also selfless, honorable, and thoroughly moral. She’s not just a character that viewers can root for, but a character that they can relate too.
What do you think? Will Hunger Games or Harry Potter be bigger? Tell us what you think in the comments.
- 10 Things Single Parents Won’t Say Because They Are Afraid They Will Be Judged!
- The Funniest Amazon Review You Will Ever Read!
- VIDEO: Beyonce FORGETS To Lip Sync. Oops!
- One Direction’s Harry Styles Very Much Enjoys Kacey Musgraves’ Music
- VIDEO: Jimmy Fallon Sings Duets With Barbra Streisand As Elvis, Blake Shelton & Michael Buble.
- It’s Lady Gaga, Tony Bennett & a Flute Solo on ‘Nature Boy': Listen
- Bond #24 Set To Begin Filming In December
- Panic At The Disco Covers Bohemian Rhapsody
- More On Joan Rivers
- Ray Rice Blackeye CoverGirl Ad Spotlights Domestic Violence