5 Reasons The Hunger Games Will Be Bigger Than Harry Potter (page 3)
1. Katniss Everdeen
Harry Potter, “the boy who lived.” Katniss Everdeen, “the girl on fire.” Almost sounds like they’re made for each other. Katniss is a true original, an unwilling hero who’s very existence is defined by her hardcore survivalist nature. Where so many other protagonists spend most of their time obsessing over their conflicted emotions (Twilight comes to mind) or the boy they want-but-can’t-have (Harry and his parents), Katniss is concerned only with whatever she needs in order to survive.
Unlike Harry, Katniss is reactive. She isn’t really sure how she feels about those in power, or those fighting it. Katniss is looking to survive and provide a better life for her and her family. The citizens of Panem are drawn to her raw talent as a survivalist. She is guarded and closed off, but as the story unfolds you find she is also selfless, honorable, and thoroughly moral. She’s not just a character that viewers can root for, but a character that they can relate too.
What do you think? Will Hunger Games or Harry Potter be bigger? Tell us what you think in the comments.
- BREAKING: Miley Cyrus Surprises Audience At The A.A.C.
- A First Look At Prince William & Kate Middleton’s Princess!
- WATCH: Hootie & The Blowfish Reunite On ‘Late Night With David Letterman’
- Bruce Jenner Sued
- BREAKING: Royal Baby #2 Is A Girl!
- BREAKING: Prince William & Kate Middleton Welcome Royal Baby #2!
- Jason Bateman Narrates ‘A LEGO Brickumentary’—Coming to Theaters in July
- Dear BuzzFeed: You’re Welcome. Love, Texas
- As Dirty As What?! Is This The End Of The Beard Trend?
- When This Carjacker Finally Stopped, Police Discovered A 13-Year-Old Behind The Wheel