5 Reasons The Hunger Games Will Be Bigger Than Harry Potter (page 3)
1. Katniss Everdeen
Harry Potter, “the boy who lived.” Katniss Everdeen, “the girl on fire.” Almost sounds like they’re made for each other. Katniss is a true original, an unwilling hero who’s very existence is defined by her hardcore survivalist nature. Where so many other protagonists spend most of their time obsessing over their conflicted emotions (Twilight comes to mind) or the boy they want-but-can’t-have (Harry and his parents), Katniss is concerned only with whatever she needs in order to survive.
Unlike Harry, Katniss is reactive. She isn’t really sure how she feels about those in power, or those fighting it. Katniss is looking to survive and provide a better life for her and her family. The citizens of Panem are drawn to her raw talent as a survivalist. She is guarded and closed off, but as the story unfolds you find she is also selfless, honorable, and thoroughly moral. She’s not just a character that viewers can root for, but a character that they can relate too.
What do you think? Will Hunger Games or Harry Potter be bigger? Tell us what you think in the comments.
- 13 Funniest Tweets on the Disastrous #AskELJames Twitter Q&A
- Have You Seen Jessica Simpson Kids Lately? They Are Adorable
- Chrissy Teigen Shows It All In “W Magazine” (NSFW)
- Woman Begs Doctors To Remove Her 30-Pound Breasts Despite Health Risks
- 20 Amazing Recipes You Can Make With Cheetos
- Rapper Cut Off His Own “Junk” And Is Proud Of It
- NBC Parts Ways With Donald Trump
- CNN Thought Gay Pride Parade Flag Was Actually An ISIS Flag
- This Man Tried To Give His Girlfriend Away On Craigslist
- VIDEO: Horrible Prank Convinces Paris Hilton She Is Going To Die In A Plane Crash