5 Reasons The Hunger Games Will Not Be Bigger Than Harry Potter (page 3)
1. International Flava:
Sorcerer’s Stone played to its base, stocking its cast with U.K. stalwarts such as Richard Harris and Alan Rickman. The Hunger Games has Aussie Liam Hemsworth, but largely filled out its character roles with Americans (Stanley Tucci, Woody Harrelson, etc.). The suggestion here is not that Sorcerer’s Stone cleaned up because of Maggie Smith; the suggestion here is that names like Smith’s do matter to overseas audiences, and that the Jennifer Lawrence-led Hunger Games may leave some money on the table because it stayed true to its U.S. roots—and didn’t try to sell the old sci-fi movie trope that we’ll all sound vaguely British in the near future.
The Bottom Line: There’s only one Harry Potter. There’s only one Twilight, for that matter. And there’s only one Hunger Games. Comparisons are inexact and unfair. What is great for one person, may not be great to someone else.
All I know is that we here at Lite are super excited about theThe Hunger Games,but lets just wait before we anoint it the next great movie series.
What do you think? Will The Hunger Games be bigger than Harry Potter? Give us your answer in the comments.
- Luke Wade From The Voice Performs Original Song In Studio!
- Ellen Spoofs Matthew McConaughey’s New Commercial
- Jon Stewart of ‘The Daily Show’ Has More Fun With One Direction Fans
- Aretha Franklin Covers Adele AND KILLS IT
- Ben Affleck Should Never, Ever Sing ‘Let It Go’ Again : Watch And Hear Why
- NFL Hall Of Famer Will Strip Down For Magic Mike Sequel
- The Best Commercials You Forgot About
- Did You Miss The Jamie Scott Interview?? You Can Hear The Whole Thing Here!
- Ebola Got You Freaked Out?? Here Is Everything You Need To Know About It!
- Sam Smith Free Ticket Friday