George Clooney Arrested
George Clooney isn’t afraid to stand up for something he believes in. He is even willing to go to jail for it.
The actor was arrested while protesting about the inhumane conditions in Sudan. Clooney told a throng of reporters while outside of the Sudanese embassy:
“We’re here to ask two very important questions,” Clooney told a throng of reporters. “We need immediate humanitarian aid into Sudan before it becomes the worst humanitarian crisis in the world and…the second thing we ask is for the government in Khartoum to stop killing their own citizens…stop raping them and stop killing them.”
U.S. Secret Service spokesperson Max Milien said Clooney was taken into custody for “disorderly crossing of a police line.”
Clooney’s arrest comes just one day after the actor met with President Obama about his first hand account of the crisis in southern Sudan.
No word yet on when the actor will be released from jail.
Clooney wasn’t the only one arrested. His father, Nick Clooney, Martin Luther King III, NAACP President Ben Jealous and several congressmen were also taken into custody.
More From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- Mickey Rourke Knocks Guy Out Half His Age
- #MeetStevie: What Is A Stevie?!
- Skinny Tara Reid Shocks In Bikini Photo
- Black Friday Is Almost Over, But We Don’t Want You To Miss Out On A Single Cyber Monday Deal
- Ray Rice Reinstated And Allowed To Play In The NFL Again
- KVIL Black Friday Take Over
- The 10 Largest Holiday Events In DFW
- 47th Annual Turkey Trot
- The New Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens Trailer!
- Is 9 Years Old Too Young To Be A Supermodel?