George Clooney Arrested
George Clooney isn’t afraid to stand up for something he believes in. He is even willing to go to jail for it.
The actor was arrested while protesting about the inhumane conditions in Sudan. Clooney told a throng of reporters while outside of the Sudanese embassy:
“We’re here to ask two very important questions,” Clooney told a throng of reporters. “We need immediate humanitarian aid into Sudan before it becomes the worst humanitarian crisis in the world and…the second thing we ask is for the government in Khartoum to stop killing their own citizens…stop raping them and stop killing them.”
U.S. Secret Service spokesperson Max Milien said Clooney was taken into custody for “disorderly crossing of a police line.”
Clooney’s arrest comes just one day after the actor met with President Obama about his first hand account of the crisis in southern Sudan.
No word yet on when the actor will be released from jail.
Clooney wasn’t the only one arrested. His father, Nick Clooney, Martin Luther King III, NAACP President Ben Jealous and several congressmen were also taken into custody.
More From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Say No To Kanye
- McDonald’s To Take A Page Out Of Chipotle’s Book?
- VIDEO: Justin Bieber’s Arrogant Deposition
- The 5 Highest Paying Jobs That Won’t Go Away
- Kory’s Review: We Will Rock You @ Dallas Summer Musicals
- Watch Beyoncé Make It Clear, She’s Not Bossy, She’s The Boss
- Justin Bieber’s Wink at the End of His Deposition Could Tear This World Asunder
- What We Secretly Wish We Could Do
- Meggings Take Men’s Fashion To A Skinnier Level
- Ain’t Nobody Got Time For Getting Trapped In A Car Wash