George Clooney isn’t afraid to stand up for something he believes in. He is even willing to go to jail for it.
The actor was arrested while protesting about the inhumane conditions in Sudan. Clooney told a throng of reporters while outside of the Sudanese embassy:
“We’re here to ask two very important questions,” Clooney told a throng of reporters. “We need immediate humanitarian aid into Sudan before it becomes the worst humanitarian crisis in the world and…the second thing we ask is for the government in Khartoum to stop killing their own citizens…stop raping them and stop killing them.”
U.S. Secret Service spokesperson Max Milien said Clooney was taken into custody for “disorderly crossing of a police line.”
Clooney’s arrest comes just one day after the actor met with President Obama about his first hand account of the crisis in southern Sudan.
No word yet on when the actor will be released from jail.
Clooney wasn’t the only one arrested. His father, Nick Clooney, Martin Luther King III, NAACP President Ben Jealous and several congressmen were also taken into custody.
More From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- Dog Needlessly Dies In Hot Car When Owner Shops At Petsmart
- Black Air Force Veteran from Cleveland Shot For Supporting Trump
- Beyoncé, Adele, Kanye West Lead MTV’s VMA Nominations
- Another Police Protest Planned in Downtown Dallas on Friday
- We Can’t Stop Watching This Video Of How Lipstick Is Made!
- Netflix Releases ‘Gilmore Girls’ Trailer! OMG! We Can’t Wait!
- Avocado Hamburger Buns Are A Real Thing And We Need To Try One Now!
- Here Are The Hottest Male Athletes Headed To Rio For The Olympics!
- Olympic Athlete Was Kidnapped In Rio! The Olympics Are Officially A Hot Mess!
- Hailee Steinfeld Meet And Greet Giveaway Thursday!