George Clooney Arrested
George Clooney isn’t afraid to stand up for something he believes in. He is even willing to go to jail for it.
The actor was arrested while protesting about the inhumane conditions in Sudan. Clooney told a throng of reporters while outside of the Sudanese embassy:
“We’re here to ask two very important questions,” Clooney told a throng of reporters. “We need immediate humanitarian aid into Sudan before it becomes the worst humanitarian crisis in the world and…the second thing we ask is for the government in Khartoum to stop killing their own citizens…stop raping them and stop killing them.”
U.S. Secret Service spokesperson Max Milien said Clooney was taken into custody for “disorderly crossing of a police line.”
Clooney’s arrest comes just one day after the actor met with President Obama about his first hand account of the crisis in southern Sudan.
No word yet on when the actor will be released from jail.
Clooney wasn’t the only one arrested. His father, Nick Clooney, Martin Luther King III, NAACP President Ben Jealous and several congressmen were also taken into custody.
More From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- Ed Sheeran Reveals Late Summer U.S. Tour Dates
- Rolling Stones Announce Tour Dates, ‘Sticky Fingers’ Reissue
- Tierra Cali- 400 Mil Veinte Años
- Tierra Cali- Como Cuando Eramos Novios
- Tierra Cali- Calame
- Bravo TV Announces New Reality Show In Dallas
- Shocking “All-Natural” Ingredients Now Used For Facials
- A-List Friday With Win’em Before You Can Buy’em Ed Sheeran Tickets
- VIDEO: Ed Sheeran Makes Announcement With Justin “Beaver”
- James Franco Had A Baby With Who?!