George Clooney isn’t afraid to stand up for something he believes in. He is even willing to go to jail for it.
The actor was arrested while protesting about the inhumane conditions in Sudan. Clooney told a throng of reporters while outside of the Sudanese embassy:
“We’re here to ask two very important questions,” Clooney told a throng of reporters. “We need immediate humanitarian aid into Sudan before it becomes the worst humanitarian crisis in the world and…the second thing we ask is for the government in Khartoum to stop killing their own citizens…stop raping them and stop killing them.”
U.S. Secret Service spokesperson Max Milien said Clooney was taken into custody for “disorderly crossing of a police line.”
Clooney’s arrest comes just one day after the actor met with President Obama about his first hand account of the crisis in southern Sudan.
No word yet on when the actor will be released from jail.
Clooney wasn’t the only one arrested. His father, Nick Clooney, Martin Luther King III, NAACP President Ben Jealous and several congressmen were also taken into custody.
More From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- VIDEO: Fast Food Manager Goes Off on Customers
- Dallas Man Shoots and Kills Burglary Suspect
- NCAA Rules on Anti-LGBT Discrimination Laws
- 15 Texas Places That Non-Texans Mispronounce All The Time
- Justin Bieber Shaved Off Dreads, RIP Bieber Hair Started Trending
- Greatest Reaction When Jerry Jones Calls You To Join The Dallas Cowboys
- Mandy Moore Finds Heartbreaking “A Walk To Remember” Prop While Cleaning Her House
- VIDEO: Bradley Cooper Takes Lady Gaga For A Ride On His Motorcycle
- Kirk Cameron Is Catching Flak For His Recent Comments On Marriage
- Texas Issues A Syphilis Alert For Lubbock County After Cases Triple