George Clooney isn’t afraid to stand up for something he believes in. He is even willing to go to jail for it.
The actor was arrested while protesting about the inhumane conditions in Sudan. Clooney told a throng of reporters while outside of the Sudanese embassy:
“We’re here to ask two very important questions,” Clooney told a throng of reporters. “We need immediate humanitarian aid into Sudan before it becomes the worst humanitarian crisis in the world and…the second thing we ask is for the government in Khartoum to stop killing their own citizens…stop raping them and stop killing them.”
U.S. Secret Service spokesperson Max Milien said Clooney was taken into custody for “disorderly crossing of a police line.”
Clooney’s arrest comes just one day after the actor met with President Obama about his first hand account of the crisis in southern Sudan.
No word yet on when the actor will be released from jail.
Clooney wasn’t the only one arrested. His father, Nick Clooney, Martin Luther King III, NAACP President Ben Jealous and several congressmen were also taken into custody.
More From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- Camper Catches A Couple Of Lions Licking The Tent!
- Matt Simons Q&A Session
- Rob Lowe Is Reportedly In Talks To Join ‘Live’ With Kelly
- Demi Lovato Has A Very Interesting Way Of Recovering From A Workout!
- Sharon Osbourne Defends Daughter Kelly For Tweeting Ozzy’s Mistress’ Phone Number
- Chewbacca Mom Is Going To Be Hanging Out With The Real Chewbacca At The Fan Expo Dallas
- Man Rubs Chili Pepper On Girlfriends Tampon As Prank; Gets Kicked Out Of House
- Have You Seen The Nude Magicians? They Can’t Hide Anything Up Their Sleeves!
- Rihanna Teams Up With Dior For Sunglasses
- Fire Station Goes Viral For Their Funny Messages Of The Day