George Clooney isn’t afraid to stand up for something he believes in. He is even willing to go to jail for it.
The actor was arrested while protesting about the inhumane conditions in Sudan. Clooney told a throng of reporters while outside of the Sudanese embassy:
“We’re here to ask two very important questions,” Clooney told a throng of reporters. “We need immediate humanitarian aid into Sudan before it becomes the worst humanitarian crisis in the world and…the second thing we ask is for the government in Khartoum to stop killing their own citizens…stop raping them and stop killing them.”
U.S. Secret Service spokesperson Max Milien said Clooney was taken into custody for “disorderly crossing of a police line.”
Clooney’s arrest comes just one day after the actor met with President Obama about his first hand account of the crisis in southern Sudan.
No word yet on when the actor will be released from jail.
Clooney wasn’t the only one arrested. His father, Nick Clooney, Martin Luther King III, NAACP President Ben Jealous and several congressmen were also taken into custody.
More From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- Gwen Stefani Will Be Back On The Voice As Blake Shelton’s Advisor
- Looks Like Katy Perry And Orlando Bloom Are Really Heating Up
- Here’s What Will Smith Has To Say About His Son Cross Dressing
- Baby Confused By Dad’s Twin Is The Most Adorable Thing You Will See All Day!
- Wedding Picture Outside Of KFC Is Actually Adorable!
- Drinking Coffee Could Be Making Your Breast Smaller!
- These Are The Most Idiotic Lawsuits Of All Time! People Can Sue For Anything!
- Christina Milian’s 5-Year-Old Daughter Is So Much Better At Doing Makeup Than Us!
- Watch People Freak Out When Grandma Hits The Winning Shot In Beer Pong!
- Watch This News Team Lose It Like Little Kids Talking About Naked Yoga!!