George Clooney isn’t afraid to stand up for something he believes in. He is even willing to go to jail for it.
The actor was arrested while protesting about the inhumane conditions in Sudan. Clooney told a throng of reporters while outside of the Sudanese embassy:
“We’re here to ask two very important questions,” Clooney told a throng of reporters. “We need immediate humanitarian aid into Sudan before it becomes the worst humanitarian crisis in the world and…the second thing we ask is for the government in Khartoum to stop killing their own citizens…stop raping them and stop killing them.”
U.S. Secret Service spokesperson Max Milien said Clooney was taken into custody for “disorderly crossing of a police line.”
Clooney’s arrest comes just one day after the actor met with President Obama about his first hand account of the crisis in southern Sudan.
No word yet on when the actor will be released from jail.
Clooney wasn’t the only one arrested. His father, Nick Clooney, Martin Luther King III, NAACP President Ben Jealous and several congressmen were also taken into custody.
More From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- Lisa Marie Presley Files For Divorce, So Who Gets Elvis’ Fortune?
- Benghazi Committee Releases Final Report And There’s A Lot For Hillary Clinton To Be Worried About
- BREAKING NEWS: Two Freight Trains Collide In Texas And Explode
- There Is Now Break Up Insurance On Taylor Swift And Tom Hiddleson
- Driver Who Crashed Sues Richardson Bar For $1 Million
- John Legend Shares New Pics Of Baby Luna
- Dad Post Cute Video Of How To Get Your Baby To Clean The House
- Barry Gibb Peps Solo Album ‘In The Now’
- Visitors To Rio Are Greeted With A “Welome To Hell” Banner When Getting Off Planes
- Woman Drive For A Mile With Man’s Body Lodged In Windshield And A Foot In The Trunk