Hunger Games Soundtrack Leaks From Taylor Swift and Arcade Fire
The Hunger Games soundtrack will be available on March 20, but the Internet can’t wait. Two more tracks from the soundtrack have leaked in advance of the official album release. The first is Taylor Swift’s second Hunger Games contribution. The first, “Safe and Sound” with the Civil Wars, was released on February 16 and has already racked up over 5 million views on YouTube. Today Perez Hilton posted a full stream of Swift’s “Eyes Open.”
Like all songs on the soundtrack, “Eyes Wide Open” was written and inspired by the film. It addresses Katniss Everdeen’s evolution from a child to a contestant in The Hunger Games, fighting 23 of her peers to the death.
Also leaked, via a fan site, is Kid Cudi’s contribution, “The Ruler and the Killer.” Cudi is the only hip hop artist on the largely rustic and bluegrass influenced soundtrack. This is one of Cudi’s more rock-influenced songs, however, and it seems ambiguously suited to a darker moment in the story, expressing the feeling of being actively in battle.
Previously released tracks include Arcade Fire’s “Abraham’s Daughter” and “Horn of Plenty,” the latter of which is the Capitol anthem and by extension the national anthem of Panem. Also previously released is a 90 second clip of the Civil Wars’ “Kingdom Come.”
More From 103.7 Lite FM
- VIDEO: Check Out The New Batmobile On The Set Of ‘Suicide Squad.’
- Kory Chat’s With “The Voices of Disney” Bill Rogers & Camille Dixon!
- 10 Least Stressed Out Cities In America
- REPORT: Brad Pitt Bisexual – Has Open Marriage With Angie!?
- PICS: The “Fat-shamed” #DancingMan Finally Got His Star-Studded Party!
- 7 Students Arrested After Releasing 72,000 Ladybugs For Senior Prank
- Ben Stiller’s Tribute To His Late Mom Will Touch Your Heart
- 21-Year-Old Woman Dies After Taking The Pill For Only 25 Days!
- 20 Of The Meanest Celebrities In Hollywood
- Were Josh Duggar’s Records Destroyed By Police?
-Courtney E. Smith, CBS Local