The Hunger Games soundtrack will be available on March 20, but the Internet can’t wait. Two more tracks from the soundtrack have leaked in advance of the official album release. The first is Taylor Swift’s second Hunger Games contribution. The first, “Safe and Sound” with the Civil Wars, was released on February 16 and has already racked up over 5 million views on YouTube. Today Perez Hilton posted a full stream of Swift’s “Eyes Open.”
Like all songs on the soundtrack, “Eyes Wide Open” was written and inspired by the film. It addresses Katniss Everdeen’s evolution from a child to a contestant in The Hunger Games, fighting 23 of her peers to the death.
Also leaked, via a fan site, is Kid Cudi’s contribution, “The Ruler and the Killer.” Cudi is the only hip hop artist on the largely rustic and bluegrass influenced soundtrack. This is one of Cudi’s more rock-influenced songs, however, and it seems ambiguously suited to a darker moment in the story, expressing the feeling of being actively in battle.
Previously released tracks include Arcade Fire’s “Abraham’s Daughter” and “Horn of Plenty,” the latter of which is the Capitol anthem and by extension the national anthem of Panem. Also previously released is a 90 second clip of the Civil Wars’ “Kingdom Come.”
More From 103.7 Lite FM
- Casey Anthony Admitted to Killing Her Daughter in 2008
- Amber Heard Files For Divorce From Johnny Depp Just Days After His Mom Passed Away
- Reports Claim Chris Kyle ‘American Sniper’ Lied About His Military Record
- Camper Catches A Couple Of Lions Licking The Tent!
- Matt Simons Q&A Session
- Rob Lowe Is Reportedly In Talks To Join ‘Live’ With Kelly
- Demi Lovato Has A Very Interesting Way Of Recovering From A Workout!
- Sharon Osbourne Defends Daughter Kelly For Tweeting Ozzy’s Mistress’ Phone Number
- Chewbacca Mom Is Going To Be Hanging Out With The Real Chewbacca At The Fan Expo Dallas
- Man Rubs Chili Pepper On Girlfriends Tampon As Prank; Gets Kicked Out Of House
-Courtney E. Smith, CBS Local