The internet is littered with stories of unlikely animal companion pairs. From dogs adopting stray kittens to deer and cats, sometimes friendship transcends species. The latest unlikely duo can be found at the Erie Zoo in Pennsylvania. Samantha the gorrilla and Panda the Dutch rabbit have been inseparable since they were introduced to each other last month.
Samantha is a 47 year old western lowland gorilla who has been all by herself since her mate died in 2005. Too old to be repaired with another male gorilla, the zookeepers were still keen to find her a new pal.
Enter Panda. The little black and white bunny rabbit was first introduced to Samantha last month in a few short visits. They really hit it off. The gentle giant scratches Panda under his chin and even shares some of her food with him.
- Everyday Is Bey Day, But Minnesota Just Made It Official
- Vet Student Saves Dog From Being Euthanized By Finding Tick
- ‘The Real’ Co-Hosts Speak On Tamar Braxton Getting Fired
- 20,000 Bees Follow A Car For Two Days To Rescue Their Queen!
- Oreo Releasing 2 New Flavors
- This Cyst-Popping Video Will Be The Grossest Thing You’ve Seen All Week
- Jennifer Lawrence Had A Booger On Her Face On The Tonight Show And It’s Kind Of Adorable
- Blac Chyna Instagrams Sonogram Of Her And Rob Kardashian’s Baby
- 2-Month-Old With Killer Hair Is Taking The Internet By Storm
- Naja Releases A Lingerie Collection For All Shades Of “Nude” #NudeForAll