Gorilla Makes Unlikely Friend In Rabbit
The internet is littered with stories of unlikely animal companion pairs. From dogs adopting stray kittens to deer and cats, sometimes friendship transcends species. The latest unlikely duo can be found at the Erie Zoo in Pennsylvania. Samantha the gorrilla and Panda the Dutch rabbit have been inseparable since they were introduced to each other last month.
Samantha is a 47 year old western lowland gorilla who has been all by herself since her mate died in 2005. Too old to be repaired with another male gorilla, the zookeepers were still keen to find her a new pal.
Enter Panda. The little black and white bunny rabbit was first introduced to Samantha last month in a few short visits. They really hit it off. The gentle giant scratches Panda under his chin and even shares some of her food with him.
- KVIL’s Not So Silent Night Winning Weekend
- Six Flags Fright Fest Friday
- Big Brother Guys Are Poised For KVIL Takeover
- City Lights 2014
- Football Foodies: Beef Sliders With Pickled Peppers
- New App Makes Math Homework Obsolete
- Kim Kardashian Says North Will Work Like She Had To
- Zazza Zoo: Get Yourself A Brand New Van
- Thief Makes Off With 44,000 Pounds Of Miller High Life!
- The Most Unusual Costumes For Your Dog