The final arrival, the final traditional DPS Shower of Affection, and the final group of volunteers to greet the troops has happened at DFW airport this morning.
the “Welcome Home A Hero” program is coming to an end.
The flight was scheduled for arrival at 10:30 a.m. this morning, but it landed a bit early at 10:20 a.m.
In its eight years of operation, the “Welcome Home A Hero” program has coordinated volunteers from the community to greet every military R&R flight at DFW Airport, welcoming hundreds of thousands of soldiers to DFW in the process.
The program has been nationally recognized for community service, and has received recognition from the highest levels of the Pentagon.
Wednesday’s flight may have been the final arriving flight for the R&R program, but their job isn’t quite done yet. There is still one more departing flight on March 30th that will be followed by the U.S. Army closure of the DFW Airport Personnel Assistance Point.
Future troops will fly into Altanta-Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport.
- The Terrifying Moment This Guys Parachute Didn’t Open Was Caught On Tape!
- The “Nap Mobile” Is In DFW
- Demi Lovato Drops Sexy New Dance Song ‘Body Say’
- Police Called To Save “Lifeless Woman” Than Ended Up Being A Sex Doll
- Police Kicked Down Door To Rescue A Woman That Was Actually A Sex Doll, See The Picture!
- Fort Worth City Bus Crash 4 Injured, 1 Serious In Condition
- Best Bars For Ladies Night Out In DFW
- 2 Guys In Spain Skipped Work For 15 Years Before Their Bosses Caught On
- PHOTOS: Simple Plan Perform At The DFW Acura Performance Showroom
- VIDEO: Man Tries To Ecape Police On A Go-Cart