The final arrival, the final traditional DPS Shower of Affection, and the final group of volunteers to greet the troops has happened at DFW airport this morning.
the “Welcome Home A Hero” program is coming to an end.
The flight was scheduled for arrival at 10:30 a.m. this morning, but it landed a bit early at 10:20 a.m.
In its eight years of operation, the “Welcome Home A Hero” program has coordinated volunteers from the community to greet every military R&R flight at DFW Airport, welcoming hundreds of thousands of soldiers to DFW in the process.
The program has been nationally recognized for community service, and has received recognition from the highest levels of the Pentagon.
Wednesday’s flight may have been the final arriving flight for the R&R program, but their job isn’t quite done yet. There is still one more departing flight on March 30th that will be followed by the U.S. Army closure of the DFW Airport Personnel Assistance Point.
Future troops will fly into Altanta-Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport.
- See Pam Anderson’s New Line of Vegan Boots… Made From Recycled TVs!
- Anne Hathaway is Pregnant
- Drake on Adele’s ‘Hotline Bling’ Remix Offer: “I’ll Do Anything with Adele”
- Erykah Badu Shades Iggy Azalea at Soul Train Music Awards: “What You’re Doing Is Definitely Not Rap”
- Coldplay’s Chris Martin Reveals His Fasting Routine and Sampling President Obama
- Home Alone Cast: Where Are They Now?
- The Verdict Is In: Will The Olsen Twins Be In Fuller House Or Not?
- Was Tim Tebow Dumped By Miss Universe Because He Wouldn’t Have Sex With Her?
- Jessica Simpson’s Daughter Is Her Mini-Me. See The Pic!
- Mary-Kate Olsen Is Married! Get All The Wedding Details HERE.