Final Plane Of Troops Arrived At DFW
The final arrival, the final traditional DPS Shower of Affection, and the final group of volunteers to greet the troops has happened at DFW airport this morning.
the “Welcome Home A Hero” program is coming to an end.
The flight was scheduled for arrival at 10:30 a.m. this morning, but it landed a bit early at 10:20 a.m.
In its eight years of operation, the “Welcome Home A Hero” program has coordinated volunteers from the community to greet every military R&R flight at DFW Airport, welcoming hundreds of thousands of soldiers to DFW in the process.
The program has been nationally recognized for community service, and has received recognition from the highest levels of the Pentagon.
Wednesday’s flight may have been the final arriving flight for the R&R program, but their job isn’t quite done yet. There is still one more departing flight on March 30th that will be followed by the U.S. Army closure of the DFW Airport Personnel Assistance Point.
Future troops will fly into Altanta-Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport.
- VIDEO: Little Girl Pulls Her Own Tooth With A Sling Bow
- Confessions From People Who Cry Too Easy
- Iggy Pop, Brandon Flowers Guesting on New Order’s New Album
- Ryan Reynolds Reveals The Thing That Freaks Him Out The Most About Fatherhood
- Taylor Swift: Prom Attire Consultant
- Paula Deen Offends Everyone Again Posting A Picture Of Her Son With Brown Face
- The Most Amazing Starbucks Drinks From Around The World
- This 52-Year-Old Mom Says These Two Things Are What Keeps Her Looking Like She’s In Her 20s
- 10 Times Your Nail Salon Visit Got WAAYY Too Awkward
- Maddie & Tae on the Virtues of Budget Shopping for Style Files