Final Plane Of Troops Arrived At DFW
The final arrival, the final traditional DPS Shower of Affection, and the final group of volunteers to greet the troops has happened at DFW airport this morning.
the “Welcome Home A Hero” program is coming to an end.
The flight was scheduled for arrival at 10:30 a.m. this morning, but it landed a bit early at 10:20 a.m.
In its eight years of operation, the “Welcome Home A Hero” program has coordinated volunteers from the community to greet every military R&R flight at DFW Airport, welcoming hundreds of thousands of soldiers to DFW in the process.
The program has been nationally recognized for community service, and has received recognition from the highest levels of the Pentagon.
Wednesday’s flight may have been the final arriving flight for the R&R program, but their job isn’t quite done yet. There is still one more departing flight on March 30th that will be followed by the U.S. Army closure of the DFW Airport Personnel Assistance Point.
Future troops will fly into Altanta-Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport.
- Mia Farrow Tweeted Out The Address Of The Dentist Who Shot #CecilTheLion
- The Guys At Dude Perfect Do Impossible Paintball Trick Shots!
- STOP EVERYTHING: Here Is The NYFD 2016 Calendar And It’s AMAZING! You’re Welcome!
- Good Time To Trade In Your iPhone!
- Unprofessional Things To Avoid Doing At Work
- 6 Signs You Need A Vacation
- The Future Of Safe Sex Is Here! Would You Try A Spray On Condom?
- These 10 Things Make You Look Like An Idiot When You’re Driving
- You Have To See What Someone Changed This Construction Sign On Central Expressway To Say
- This Woman’s 800 lbs. Transformation is AMAZING!! You Have To See The Before And After Pictures