Final Plane Of Troops Arrived At DFW
The final arrival, the final traditional DPS Shower of Affection, and the final group of volunteers to greet the troops has happened at DFW airport this morning.
the “Welcome Home A Hero” program is coming to an end.
The flight was scheduled for arrival at 10:30 a.m. this morning, but it landed a bit early at 10:20 a.m.
In its eight years of operation, the “Welcome Home A Hero” program has coordinated volunteers from the community to greet every military R&R flight at DFW Airport, welcoming hundreds of thousands of soldiers to DFW in the process.
The program has been nationally recognized for community service, and has received recognition from the highest levels of the Pentagon.
Wednesday’s flight may have been the final arriving flight for the R&R program, but their job isn’t quite done yet. There is still one more departing flight on March 30th that will be followed by the U.S. Army closure of the DFW Airport Personnel Assistance Point.
Future troops will fly into Altanta-Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport.
- Jill And Jessa Duggar Are Vowing To Bring Awareness To Child Sexual Abuse
- VIDEO: Justin Bieber Breaks Down In Tears After VMA Performance
- Selena Gomez Suffers A Wardrobe Malfunction At The VMA’s!
- Legendary Director Wes Craven Dies at 76
- Miley Cyrus Verbally Attacked On Stage At The Video Music Awards
- Kanye West Announces He Will Run For President In 2020
- Nicki Minaj and Taylor Swift Sing and Make Up at MTV VMAs
- MTV VMAs 2015: Complete Winners List
- ‘Straight Outta Compton’ Becomes Highest Grossing Music Biopic in History
- Watch: Taylor Swift Premieres Dramatic New Video for ‘Wildest Dreams’