The final arrival, the final traditional DPS Shower of Affection, and the final group of volunteers to greet the troops has happened at DFW airport this morning.
the “Welcome Home A Hero” program is coming to an end.
The flight was scheduled for arrival at 10:30 a.m. this morning, but it landed a bit early at 10:20 a.m.
In its eight years of operation, the “Welcome Home A Hero” program has coordinated volunteers from the community to greet every military R&R flight at DFW Airport, welcoming hundreds of thousands of soldiers to DFW in the process.
The program has been nationally recognized for community service, and has received recognition from the highest levels of the Pentagon.
Wednesday’s flight may have been the final arriving flight for the R&R program, but their job isn’t quite done yet. There is still one more departing flight on March 30th that will be followed by the U.S. Army closure of the DFW Airport Personnel Assistance Point.
Future troops will fly into Altanta-Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport.
- #InTheKVILKitchen We’re making KVIL Valentine Chocolate Pasta
- Gwen Stefani to Perform Live Music Video During GRAMMYs
- Protesters to Clash Over Beyoncé at NFL Headquarters
- A New Harry Potter Book Is Coming This Summer!
- Paul McCartney Creates Audio Mojis for Valentines Day
- Ryan Reynolds Grabs Blake Lively’s Boob In An Epic Instagram Pic
- The 100 Most Romantic Restaurants In The Country
- Kelly Clarkson Pens A Children’s Book
- The Ponder Band Needs Your Help After Someone Stole $20,000 From The Booster Fund
- Beyonce Posts Pics Of Her Airbnb Super Bowl House