Final Plane Of Troops Arrived At DFW
The final arrival, the final traditional DPS Shower of Affection, and the final group of volunteers to greet the troops has happened at DFW airport this morning.
the “Welcome Home A Hero” program is coming to an end.
The flight was scheduled for arrival at 10:30 a.m. this morning, but it landed a bit early at 10:20 a.m.
In its eight years of operation, the “Welcome Home A Hero” program has coordinated volunteers from the community to greet every military R&R flight at DFW Airport, welcoming hundreds of thousands of soldiers to DFW in the process.
The program has been nationally recognized for community service, and has received recognition from the highest levels of the Pentagon.
Wednesday’s flight may have been the final arriving flight for the R&R program, but their job isn’t quite done yet. There is still one more departing flight on March 30th that will be followed by the U.S. Army closure of the DFW Airport Personnel Assistance Point.
Future troops will fly into Altanta-Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport.
- Carrie Underwood Reveals Baby Name In Adorable Instagram Post
- Man Finds Something Horrifying In His Cheeseburger After He Bit It
- Woman Wants A Divorce Because Her Husbands Penis Is Too Big
- Runway Model Has Double Nip Slip On Paris Runway
- WATCH: Latest ‘Avengers: Age Of Ultron’ Trailer
- Spider Man Balloon Has Massive Erection! How Did This Pass Quality Control?
- Adam Levine Is The Sweetest Man Alive! Look What He Did For This Fan!
- VIDEO: Andy Grammer Scares Rachel Platten
- Karrueche Tran Dumps Chris Brown on Twitter
- MTV Movie Awards: See The List Of Nominees!