“American Idol” Contestant Jermaine Jones Disqualified, Off Show
American Idol contestant, Jermaine Jones, has been disqualified and will be kicked off the show during tonight’s broadcast.
Allegedly he hid his criminal record from shows producers.
Jones made the announcement yesterday on his Twitter account saying, “Awww I will no longer b on the show.” His Twitter account has since been deleted.
Allegedly Jones hid an incident involving violence from producers who then confronted him on camera. In addition to hiding his criminal past, TMZ said Jones lied to cops by giving them fake names after arrests.
Jones also reportedly has outstanding warrants.
He was among the bottom three last week after a lack luster performance of Stevie Wonder’s “Knock Me Off My Feet”
“Idol” contestants in the past have been disqualified when the show deems that their work or personal history is an issue, and it seems as if Jermaine’s criminal past is just too much for producers.
- Ke$ha Is Feeling Better and Ready to Make Music
- Pharrell and United Nations Foundation Team Up for International Day of Happiness 2014
- Listen to Michael Jackson’s Unreleased Song, ‘Slave to the Rhythm’
- H&M Debuts Wedding Dress For Less Than $100
- Interview: Hayley Williams on the Paramore Cruise, the Fall Out Boy Tour & Why She’ll (Probably) Never Go Solo
- Will U2 Fans Have To Wait Until 2015 to Hear the Band’s New Album?
- Hollywood Hot Talk: Travolta’s Oscar Flub
- Bruce Springsteen’s ‘High Hopes’ Documentary Is Coming to HBO
- Man Claims He Shot Bigfoot
- Zazza & Julie’s Go-To Feel-Good Movies