American Idol contestant, Jermaine Jones, has been disqualified and will be kicked off the show during tonight’s broadcast.
Allegedly he hid his criminal record from shows producers.
Jones made the announcement yesterday on his Twitter account saying, “Awww I will no longer b on the show.” His Twitter account has since been deleted.
Allegedly Jones hid an incident involving violence from producers who then confronted him on camera. In addition to hiding his criminal past, TMZ said Jones lied to cops by giving them fake names after arrests.
Jones also reportedly has outstanding warrants.
He was among the bottom three last week after a lack luster performance of Stevie Wonder’s “Knock Me Off My Feet”
“Idol” contestants in the past have been disqualified when the show deems that their work or personal history is an issue, and it seems as if Jermaine’s criminal past is just too much for producers.
- Enter For Your Chance To Win Sparkle At The Anatole
- GRAMMY Nominations Behind the Scenes: Lorde Takes a Bow, Arsenio Fires Back at Kanye
- And the GRAMMY Nominees Are: Jay Z, Kendrick Lamar, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis and Justin Timberlake
- GRAMMY Nominees 2014: The Full List
- John Mayer Talks New Single ‘Who You Love’ and ‘That Photo’ with Katy Perry
- R. Kelly Honors Nelson Mandela on ‘Arsenio Hall Show’
- WATCH: Amazing Spider-Man 2 Trailer
- Alicia Keys Unlocks Her Music Vault On New Interactive Fan Site
- Christmas Cats TV Is Streaming Live On the Internet
- Peter Gabriel Remembers Nelson Mandela: ‘It Leaves an Enormous Hole’