Chalk one up on Adele’s side for the defense against Karl Lagerfeld and his “a little too fat” comments about the Grammy owner. The Material Girl ripped the fashion designer for his comments about the British Songstress.
“That’s horrible,” Madonna told Britain’s Sun tabloid. “That’s ridiculous, that’s just the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard.”
Madonna went on to praise Adele’s talents vocally while condemning Lagerfeld, “I don’t like it when anyone says anything bad about anyone—I don’t like it. Adele’s a great talent and how much she weighs has nothing to do with it.
“The thing for Adele to remember is at the end of the day, whether you rise or fall, it has so much to do with how you sustain yourself and keep your integrity and your inner strength.
“It is all about who you surround yourself with—friends and people who really do care about you, and care about your well-being beyond being a superstar. That’s the most important thing.”
Lagerfeld did apologize but the comments still strike home to many people who love Adele for both her voice and her unwillingness to cave to the “look” that so many assume must be of a superstar.
More Stories From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- Memorial Day: In Memory of Many; In Honor of All
- Gorilla Killed at Cincinnati Zoo when 4-Year-Old Child Falls into Enclosure
- ‘Finding Dory’ Could Feature Disney-Pixar’s First Lesbian Couple
- 15 Best Cities for Singles: Two Texas Cities Rank in Top 5
- Selena Gomez Breaks Down on Stage During One Song Too Emotional
- Mother Posts Photo Of Her Baby, Says He Looks Like Celebrity Chef Gordon Ramsay
- Gwen Stefani Turns Down Blake Shelton’s Marriage Proposal
- Watch Two Guys Repel Down The Side Of Reunion Tower
- Looks Like We Have A “Hot Mug Shot Girl”: Meet “Prison Bae”
- Police Reveal Princes Secret Life: Cocaine, Collapses, & Love Child!