Justin Bieber Tweets Texas Man’s Number
[lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Justin Bieber[/lastfm], who currently has 18.3 million Twitter followers, after the teen pop sensations tweeted out one Texas man’s phone number.
“Beliebers”, from across the country, have had his phone ringing round the clock since.ABC is reporting that the tweet was sent out last Wednesday around 10:30 pm, included a phone number with a Texas area code, saying, “Call me right now at 214 — —?” with a question mark in place of the last digit, and dashes representing actual numbers in his tweet.
The “beliebers” filled in the blank and started dialing, but instead of Bieber many fans called a Dallas native with no connection to the pop sensation.
Kent, the Dallas native who wished to only be identified by his first name, says that even though the tweet was quickly deleted the phone has been ringing non stop.
“They all said, ‘Justin?'” Kent said. “As fast as I could pick it up and put it down, it was ringing again. The caller ID was exploding with numbers from all over the country.”
Kent has had the number for more than 20 years, and has both business and personal ties to the number, making him think twice about disconnecting the line.
This isn’t the first time Bieber has done something like this. In 2010, Bieber tweeted Kevin Kristopik’s phone number as revenge for hacking a friend’s Facebook page. The onslaught of phone calls and text messages to the Detroit teen forced him to disable his number and Twitter account. Bieber, at the time, had only 4.5 million followers on the social media site. Now he has 18.3 million followers.
Kent and his attorney have tried to get in-touch with Bieber and his representatives to get some answers about the tweet, but have not yet had their calls returned. Kent said he is contemplating legal action in the matter.
- You Are Not Alone: James Blunt Also Got Sick of Hearing ‘You’re Beautiful’
- Watch Kelly Clarkson Cover Sam Smith’s ‘Stay With Me’
- What’s Hot: Catwalk in Cowtown Fashion
- Get Your Pre-Sale Tickets To Not So Silent Night!
- Oscar de la Renta’s Best Red Carpet Moments
- Paul McCartney Shares Previously Unheard Version of Wings’ ‘Beware of Love’ Featuring Led Zeppelin’s John Bonham: Listen
- NO THANKS: The Haunted Car Wash Prank
- Psycho Alert: Girl Caught In Ex’s Chimney
- Channing Tatum Stripping As 18-Year-Old
- Bacon Bash 2014