5 Pieces Of Mom-Advice That Are Still Relevant
Growing up, we would always roll our eyes when out mothers spouted a mom-ism to advise us along the road of life. The average mom will pass on 41 major pearls of wisdom to her kids. However, it’s never until we reach adulthood that we realize just how valuable that wisdom is.
“If you can’t say anything nice, don’t say anything at all.” Let’s face it, people can be mean. Bullying is in the spotlight as a major problem these days, no matter what age you are. It ties right in to Mom’s Golden Rule, “Treat others as you would like to be treated.” Basically, be kind to each other and treat each other with respect. This is the secret of people who are well liked among their peers. Always have something nice to say.
“Never spend money you don’t have.” This is a good one if you have more than 2 credit cards in your wallet. Examine your finances and create a budget to help curb your spending. Try to pay down your debt, rather than running it up.
“Get an education – no one can take that away from you.” Having at least some college experience is more and more becoming a requirement for many jobs. From an Associates to a Bachelors, a college education is the stepping stone to the career you want.
Of course, what motherly pearl of wisdom could be better that “Mom knows best.” Listen to your mom.
- 103.7 KVIL’s Poptopia Giveaway
- TBT VIDEO: This Dance Troup’s Dance To MC Hammer Will Put A Smile On Your Face
- VIDEO: Robin Thicke’s Acting Debut Might Be Very Painful
- Julie’s Review Room: ‘Lucy’
- Mr. Big Drummer Pat Torpey Diagnosed with Parkinson’s
- Two UT Players Charged With Sexual Assault
- Madonna, Diplo Rework ‘La Isla Bonita’ to Mention Major Lazer in Dub Plate Remix: Watch
- #LiveLocal #RecipeOfTheDay
- Katy Perry Does the Ultimate #tbt in Lyric Video for ‘This Is How We Do’: Watch
- Robin Thicke Admits Marriage Is Over, Says He Is Moving On