5 Pieces Of Mom-Advice That Are Still Relevant
Growing up, we would always roll our eyes when out mothers spouted a mom-ism to advise us along the road of life. The average mom will pass on 41 major pearls of wisdom to her kids. However, it’s never until we reach adulthood that we realize just how valuable that wisdom is.
“If you can’t say anything nice, don’t say anything at all.” Let’s face it, people can be mean. Bullying is in the spotlight as a major problem these days, no matter what age you are. It ties right in to Mom’s Golden Rule, “Treat others as you would like to be treated.” Basically, be kind to each other and treat each other with respect. This is the secret of people who are well liked among their peers. Always have something nice to say.
“Never spend money you don’t have.” This is a good one if you have more than 2 credit cards in your wallet. Examine your finances and create a budget to help curb your spending. Try to pay down your debt, rather than running it up.
“Get an education – no one can take that away from you.” Having at least some college experience is more and more becoming a requirement for many jobs. From an Associates to a Bachelors, a college education is the stepping stone to the career you want.
Of course, what motherly pearl of wisdom could be better that “Mom knows best.” Listen to your mom.
- Ke$ha Is Feeling Better and Ready to Make Music
- Pharrell and United Nations Foundation Team Up for International Day of Happiness 2014
- Listen to Michael Jackson’s Unreleased Song, ‘Slave to the Rhythm’
- H&M Debuts Wedding Dress For Less Than $100
- Interview: Hayley Williams on the Paramore Cruise, the Fall Out Boy Tour & Why She’ll (Probably) Never Go Solo
- Will U2 Fans Have To Wait Until 2015 to Hear the Band’s New Album?
- Hollywood Hot Talk: Travolta’s Oscar Flub
- Bruce Springsteen’s ‘High Hopes’ Documentary Is Coming to HBO
- Man Claims He Shot Bigfoot
- Zazza & Julie’s Go-To Feel-Good Movies