5 Pieces Of Mom-Advice That Are Still Relevant
Growing up, we would always roll our eyes when out mothers spouted a mom-ism to advise us along the road of life. The average mom will pass on 41 major pearls of wisdom to her kids. However, it’s never until we reach adulthood that we realize just how valuable that wisdom is.
“If you can’t say anything nice, don’t say anything at all.” Let’s face it, people can be mean. Bullying is in the spotlight as a major problem these days, no matter what age you are. It ties right in to Mom’s Golden Rule, “Treat others as you would like to be treated.” Basically, be kind to each other and treat each other with respect. This is the secret of people who are well liked among their peers. Always have something nice to say.
“Never spend money you don’t have.” This is a good one if you have more than 2 credit cards in your wallet. Examine your finances and create a budget to help curb your spending. Try to pay down your debt, rather than running it up.
“Get an education – no one can take that away from you.” Having at least some college experience is more and more becoming a requirement for many jobs. From an Associates to a Bachelors, a college education is the stepping stone to the career you want.
Of course, what motherly pearl of wisdom could be better that “Mom knows best.” Listen to your mom.
- Maroon 5, Gwen Stefani Duet on New Song ‘My Heart is Open': Listen
- Watch Ed Sheeran Spoof the Musical ‘Annie’ Dressed As Little Orphan Annie
- Britney Spears Dumps Boyfriend, Posts Odd Instagram
- Rachel Reilly Mourns Donny’s Eviction & Christine Crossing The Line!
- Commercial Free Mondays: Labor Day!
- Boy’s Live Reaction To Mom’s Pregnancy Announcement Is Priceless
- Another Reason You Should Love Justin Timberlake! Sings Happy Birthday To 8 Year Old Boy With Autism At Concert
- Angelina Jolie’s Wedding Dress
- Julie’s Review Room: ‘The November Man’
- Duran Duran Headlining Unveiling of the New Mazda Miata