Lady Gaga Launches Born This Way Foundation At Harvard University
Before Gaga took the stand for a mock trial to testify in front of a panel of experts and to explain what she hopes to accomplish, Oprah interviewed her onstage.
During her introduction, Oprah described Lady Gaga as “one of the most influential forces of our time today” before Gaga discussed the mission behind the non-profit.
“The three pillars are SSO. If you could remember these things today it would make me very, very happy,” she told the audience. “It’s safety, skills and opportunity.”
Gaga said she wants everyone to feel safe in their community and to develop the skills that are needed to be a loving, accepting and tolerant person. Additionally, she hopes that these sentiments are injected into all the people around them.
“I believe once you feel safe in your environment and you acquire the skills to be a loving and accepting person, the opportunities for you are endless to become a great functioning human in society,” she said. “The culture of love is not going to change overnight but youth are the answer to creating a braver, kinder world.”
BTWF will address issues like self-confidence, well-being, anti-bullying, mentoring and career development through research, education and advocacy.
After the suicide of bullied New York teen Jamey Rodemeyer, Gaga has been on a mission to make bullying illegal. As a result, the non-profit will create an environment that allows youth to safely express their individuality and one that provides them with the skills needed to encourage self-expression and promote civic engagement.
BTWF hopes to create an environment where “each individual is accepted and loved as the person they were born to be.”
- We Talked To Adam Lambert Today! So Excited About The Release Of “Ghost Town” Tonight
- 13 High-Maintenance Things Women Do To Look Low Maintenance
- 4/20: Demi Lovato Recalls “First Blaze” With Joe Jonas
- Man’s Obituary Urges People To Not Vote For Hillary. Really? Yep.
- 4/20 Yes, But Today Is Also…
- Widow Says Southwest Flight Attendants “Left” Her Husband To Die
- Channing Tatum Lost His Back Pack In NYC This Weekend And Needed Your Help
- Did Bobbi Brown Lie? Sources Say Bobbi Kristina Is Still On life Support!
- Taylor Swift’s Mothers Speech Will Make You Cry Forever!
- Here Are The DFW Restaurants You Should Be Eating At Right Now! Spring Edition!