Before Gaga took the stand for a mock trial to testify in front of a panel of experts and to explain what she hopes to accomplish, Oprah interviewed her onstage.
During her introduction, Oprah described Lady Gaga as “one of the most influential forces of our time today” before Gaga discussed the mission behind the non-profit.
“The three pillars are SSO. If you could remember these things today it would make me very, very happy,” she told the audience. “It’s safety, skills and opportunity.”
Gaga said she wants everyone to feel safe in their community and to develop the skills that are needed to be a loving, accepting and tolerant person. Additionally, she hopes that these sentiments are injected into all the people around them.
“I believe once you feel safe in your environment and you acquire the skills to be a loving and accepting person, the opportunities for you are endless to become a great functioning human in society,” she said. “The culture of love is not going to change overnight but youth are the answer to creating a braver, kinder world.”
BTWF will address issues like self-confidence, well-being, anti-bullying, mentoring and career development through research, education and advocacy.
After the suicide of bullied New York teen Jamey Rodemeyer, Gaga has been on a mission to make bullying illegal. As a result, the non-profit will create an environment that allows youth to safely express their individuality and one that provides them with the skills needed to encourage self-expression and promote civic engagement.
BTWF hopes to create an environment where “each individual is accepted and loved as the person they were born to be.”
- $4.6 Million For A Wreath???
- John’s Top 10 Just Plain Awesome Gifts
- Leigh Ann’s Gift Guide For The Shop-A-Holic
- Julie Fisk’s Gift Guide For The Movie Buffs
- McKinney’s Heard Museum Celebrates The Season With Holiday Trail Of Lights
- Sybil’s Gift Guide For Him
- Join Zazza & Julie At Santa’s Sparkle Date Night Skate Night Tomorrow
- Crazy Office Holiday Party Stories
- Santa’s Sparkle Nominee: Cristine Guerra
- Football Foodies: Chili in a Biscuit Bowl