While gearing up to debut the new material at SXSW, Mayer writes “it came to mind that I should see my throat doctor because something didn’t feel/sound right.”
After an operation last year to remove a granuloma, Mayer was faced with an unfortunate circumstance.
“I went in for a visit on Wednesday and a scope of my vocal cords revealed that the granuloma has grown back where it had mostly healed,” he writes. “This is bad news. Because of this, I have no choice but to take an indefinite break from live performing. Though there will be a day when all of this will be behind me, it will sideline me for a longer period of time than I care to have you count down.”
Since Mayer will be silenced for an indefinite time and unable to perform live he has decided to work on a new album.
“Born and Raised will be released as scheduled, but because I don’t make a very good anything-other-than-a-musician, I’m going to begin writing the next album very soon,” he says.
“I feel really vibrant as a writer at the moment and there’s no reason not to begin the next album project in the time I would have been touring. Somewhere in all of this is another surgery and a very long chemically-imposed period of silence, so I hope you’ll understand that I have to really pick that date carefully.”
Born And Raised is scheduled for a May 22 release. His first single off the album, “Shadow Days” was released to radio last week.
– Annie Reuter CBS Local
- SweePee Rambo Is Officially The World’s Ugliest Dog
- Brittany Murphy Death House Back On The Market With A $1 Mil Discount
- Can Anyone Figure Out What “Charlie The Talking Dog” Is Saying?
- Kanye Gets Almost No Reactions From Stars Depicted Naked in “Famous” Video
- Who Wants To Slide Down The Glass Slide 1,000 Feet In The Air?
- Michael Jackson Secretly Recorded Tapes Bashing Prince And His Own Family
- Kayne West Claims Nude Celebrities In His “Famous” Video Are Real
- Check Out This Enormous Full-Size Version Of Noah’s Ark
- Kristian “Hodor” Nairn From ‘Game Of Thrones’ Set To DJ A Concert In Dallas
- You Won’t Believe What Taylor Swift Said About Tom Hiddleston