John Mayer To Take “Indefinite Break From Live Performing”
While gearing up to debut the new material at SXSW, Mayer writes “it came to mind that I should see my throat doctor because something didn’t feel/sound right.”
After an operation last year to remove a granuloma, Mayer was faced with an unfortunate circumstance.
“I went in for a visit on Wednesday and a scope of my vocal cords revealed that the granuloma has grown back where it had mostly healed,” he writes. “This is bad news. Because of this, I have no choice but to take an indefinite break from live performing. Though there will be a day when all of this will be behind me, it will sideline me for a longer period of time than I care to have you count down.”
Since Mayer will be silenced for an indefinite time and unable to perform live he has decided to work on a new album.
“Born and Raised will be released as scheduled, but because I don’t make a very good anything-other-than-a-musician, I’m going to begin writing the next album very soon,” he says.
“I feel really vibrant as a writer at the moment and there’s no reason not to begin the next album project in the time I would have been touring. Somewhere in all of this is another surgery and a very long chemically-imposed period of silence, so I hope you’ll understand that I have to really pick that date carefully.”
Born And Raised is scheduled for a May 22 release. His first single off the album, “Shadow Days” was released to radio last week.
– Annie Reuter CBS Local
- The Dumbest Things Patients Have Ever Said To Doctors! WOW!
- Taylor Swift Is Shopping For A Wedding Dress
- Are John And Katy Back Together?? Again??
- OMG: A “Gilmore Girls” Reunion Might Be Happening!
- PIC: Man Proposes To Girlfriend At Someone Else’s Wedding
- Michael Jackson Molestation Lawsuit Dropped
- VIDEO: TERRIFYING Footage Of Flood Water Rushing Into This Families Living Room
- The Top 20 Songs I Can’t Wait To Hear At The Fray Concert
- Kelly Clarkson Singing ‘Love Shack’ Karaoke with a 10-Year-Old Fan Is Super Cute: Watch
- VIDEO: Kim Kardashians Lip Injections Are So Big She Struggles To Talk