While gearing up to debut the new material at SXSW, Mayer writes “it came to mind that I should see my throat doctor because something didn’t feel/sound right.”
After an operation last year to remove a granuloma, Mayer was faced with an unfortunate circumstance.
“I went in for a visit on Wednesday and a scope of my vocal cords revealed that the granuloma has grown back where it had mostly healed,” he writes. “This is bad news. Because of this, I have no choice but to take an indefinite break from live performing. Though there will be a day when all of this will be behind me, it will sideline me for a longer period of time than I care to have you count down.”
Since Mayer will be silenced for an indefinite time and unable to perform live he has decided to work on a new album.
“Born and Raised will be released as scheduled, but because I don’t make a very good anything-other-than-a-musician, I’m going to begin writing the next album very soon,” he says.
“I feel really vibrant as a writer at the moment and there’s no reason not to begin the next album project in the time I would have been touring. Somewhere in all of this is another surgery and a very long chemically-imposed period of silence, so I hope you’ll understand that I have to really pick that date carefully.”
Born And Raised is scheduled for a May 22 release. His first single off the album, “Shadow Days” was released to radio last week.
– Annie Reuter CBS Local
- Justin Bieber Is Being Sued For Stealing The Song ‘Sorry’
- Miranda Lambert Closes Her Oklahoma Boutique And Blake Shelton Bought It
- This Cat Watching A Horror Movie Is The Best Thing You Will See All Day!
- Woman Gets Trapped In Bathroom Stall And Films SOS Video For Help
- This Babies Reaction To A Justin Bieber Song Is Priceless
- New Study Shows Millennial Men Are More Likely To Live With Their Mom!
- Rihanna Walks The Streets Of New York In See Through Dress
- Tesla Model S Driver Caught Sleeping While Letting The Autopilot Drive
- Here Are The Dumb Questions People In Texas Google
- Make Ed Sheeran Eat the Most Disgusting Food in Japan