This morning, [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]John Mayer[/lastfm] posted on his blog that he would be taking a break from performing for an indefintite period of time. If you remember, last year he was one of a handful of musicians, including[lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Adele[/lastfm], having to have surgery on their vocal chords. According to this morning’s blog post, Mayer’s granuloma has returned where the previous one had been removed.
Mayer reports that he had noticed his voice was a little off, so he had his doctor examine the issue. It was discovered that another granuloma had formed were the previous one had been removed and was healed for the most part. The only course of action is to have another surgery and a “long chemically-imposed period of silence.”
This means concert dates for next Thursday and Friday, March 15th and 16th, at Winstart Casino will be cancelled. Mayer’s upcoming album “Born And Raised” is still one track to be released May 22nd, and he will begin writing the next album immediately.
Read John Mayer’s blog post HERE.
- Beyoncé Shares New Song ‘Formation’
- 14-Year-Old Sells Steer For $210,000 At Fort Worth Stock Show & Rodeo
- #RIPTwitter: Twitter Users Are ANGRY
- Will Sarah Michelle Gellar Reprise Her ‘Cruel Intentions’ Role On TV?
- “Big Game” Buffalo Cauliflower with Skinny Ranch
- Salma Hayek Rushed To Hospital In “Topless T-Shirt”
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ 200th Episode Special Guests Announced
- Japanese Taxi Drivers Report Picking Up Ghosts Of 2011 Tsunami Victims
- Dog Escapes Cage To Comfort Puppies First Night In Kennel!
- Prostitute Had To Be Surgically Removed From Her Client When Died During Services