This morning, [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]John Mayer[/lastfm] posted on his blog that he would be taking a break from performing for an indefintite period of time. If you remember, last year he was one of a handful of musicians, including[lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Adele[/lastfm], having to have surgery on their vocal chords. According to this morning’s blog post, Mayer’s granuloma has returned where the previous one had been removed.
Mayer reports that he had noticed his voice was a little off, so he had his doctor examine the issue. It was discovered that another granuloma had formed were the previous one had been removed and was healed for the most part. The only course of action is to have another surgery and a “long chemically-imposed period of silence.”
This means concert dates for next Thursday and Friday, March 15th and 16th, at Winstart Casino will be cancelled. Mayer’s upcoming album “Born And Raised” is still one track to be released May 22nd, and he will begin writing the next album immediately.
Read John Mayer’s blog post HERE.
- GRAMMY Nominations Behind the Scenes: Lorde Takes a Bow, Arsenio Fires Back at Kanye
- And the GRAMMY Nominees Are: Jay Z, Kendrick Lamar, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis and Justin Timberlake
- GRAMMY Nominees 2014: The Full List
- John Mayer Talks New Single ‘Who You Love’ and ‘That Photo’ with Katy Perry
- R. Kelly Honors Nelson Mandela on ‘Arsenio Hall Show’
- WATCH: Amazing Spider-Man 2 Trailer
- Alicia Keys Unlocks Her Music Vault On New Interactive Fan Site
- Christmas Cats TV Is Streaming Live On the Internet
- Peter Gabriel Remembers Nelson Mandela: ‘It Leaves an Enormous Hole’
- Remembering Nelson Mandela: Music Community Mourns