Backstreet Boys singer Brian Littrell reported $120,000 in jewelry went missing from his hotel this weekend.
Littrell and his wife Leighanne were staying at a hotel in Stone Mountain, Georgia. It wasn’t until they checked out of the hotel that his wife realized she left her jewelry in the room.
The jewelry missing includes two rings, a 6 carat canary diamond wedding ring worth $110,000, and a pair of earrings.
Littrell told reporters from wsbtv.com, “It was kind of weird how it happened and how fast.”
His wife agreed. “I kept my rings on the bedside table. We left the room and 15 minutes I came back and they’re gone,” she said.
Police said they’re working a stolen property case but Littrell hints at the case being closer to solved.
“We were going to leave and come to find out there was a person, not to be named, on the housekeeping staff [who] had one ring we were looking for and one of the earrings.”
The couple is devastated about the loss as Littrell designed both his wife’s engagement ring and wedding band.
Meanwhile, Backstreet Boys fans are showing their support.
— Kat (@KaT2824) March 5, 2012
@KaT2824 I hope so too. We were so proud of Baylee this weekend, but to have my wives ring stolen put a damper on it. This is a sad chirp;(
— Brian Littrell (@brian_littrell) March 5, 2012
Thank u everyone for all your kind words Gonna go get some rest knyte chirpsters sigh…..
— Leighanne Littrell (@LeighanneReena) March 5, 2012
- GRAMMY Nominees 2014: The Full List
- John Mayer Talks New Single ‘Who You Love’ and ‘That Photo’ with Katy Perry
- R. Kelly Honors Nelson Mandela on ‘Arsenio Hall Show’
- WATCH: Amazing Spider-Man 2 Trailer
- Alicia Keys Unlocks Her Music Vault On New Interactive Fan Site
- Christmas Cats TV Is Streaming Live On the Internet
- Peter Gabriel Remembers Nelson Mandela: ‘It Leaves an Enormous Hole’
- Remembering Nelson Mandela: Music Community Mourns
- Our Favorite Local Weather People
- Zazza & Julie Leave Their Mark On Snow Day