Red Wine Spaghetti With Broccoli!
I hope you enjoyed the Blackberry Wine Cake recipe from last week. From the looks of things you did! I love to cook with wine because of the flavor options it can present to make an otherwise regular or boring meal something exciting. So today wanted to share a fun and tasty twist on Spaghetti. This is a GREAT dish that you are sure to enjoy. I know I did and hope you will as well! Let me know your thoughts!
Here is a fabulous recipe that I think you will really enjoy. It came from Marisolio.com, an Olive Oil tasting bar and company in CA.
Red Wine Spaghetti with Broccoli
1. 1 & 3/4lb Broccoli, discard thick stems
2. 1lb Spaghetti
3. 1 750ml Red Wine Bottle, Zinfandel is preferred
4. 1 Teaspoon Sugar
5. 4 Garlic Cloves, finely chopped
6. 1/2 Teaspoon Dried Hot Red Pepper Flakes
7. 1/3 Cup Frantoio EVOO
8. 3/4 Teaspoon Sea Salt
9. 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
10. 1oz Parmigiano-Reggiano, finely grated
1. Cut broccoli into 1-inch-wide florets (with 1/2 inch of stem).
2. Blanch in a 6- to 8-quart pot of boiling salted water , uncovered, 2 minutes.
3. Transfer with a slotted spoon to a large colander to drain, reserving broccoli-cooking liquid in pot, then transfer broccoli to a bowl.
4. Return cooking liquid to a boil and cook spaghetti, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes (pasta will not be fully cooked).
5. Drain in colander and return empty pot to stovetop.
6. Add wine and sugar to pot and boil vigorously 2 minutes.
7. Add spaghetti and shake pot to prevent pasta from sticking.
8. Gently stir with tongs until coated and boil over high heat, stirring occasionally, until most of liquid is absorbed, about 6 minutes (pasta will be al dente).
- Happy Birthday, Katy Perry!
- We Can Survive Recap: Taylor Swift, Pharrell, Ariana Grande Dazzle the Hollywood Bowl
- Another Harry Potter (Related) Story On The Way From J.K. Rowling
- Taylor Swift iPad Mini Monday
- Danny DeVito Steals the Show in One Direction’s ‘Steal My Girl’ Video: Watch
- Big Brother 16 Q And A Session 2
- Big Brother 16 Q And A Session 1
- Safety Tips For Trick-Or-Treating
- Ariana Grande, Maroon 5, Pharrell & Tim McGraw to Perform on ‘A Very GRAMMY Christmas’
- BB16: Watch Caleb Get His Truck!