Kelly Clarkson is headed back to where she got her big break. She’s headed back to the singing reality show.
No it’s not American Idol, she is set to star in a new ABC series Duets.
ABC has decided it is time to get involved in the singing competition game, leaving CBS as the only major network with out one. The field is more crowded than ever before, but the format is arguably more popular than it has ever been.
ABC is launching Duets, which will star Kelly Clarkson, Jennifer Nettles, Lionel Richie, and Robin Thicke. The team will travel across the country looking for undiscovered talent.
Each star will choose two singers to be their duet partners. Together, they will take the stage each week and perform in front of a live studio audience. In the end, only one duet will win, with the amateur receiving a recording contract.
Clarkson has called the show “completely different” from the other singing competitions.
“They don’t audition like a normal process,” she says. “We get to collaborate with the artists that we choose. We get to go find the talent we really believe in.”
The series premieres this summer on ABC. You can see a preview of Duets HERE.
- No Winner on Tuesday: Mega Millions’ Jackpot is 3rd Largest
- Where to See the Best Fireworks in Dallas This 4th of July
- Lady Gaga, Demi Lovato, Chris Pine Lead Star-Studded Tribute to Orlando Victims
- Selena Will Finally Get A Star On The Hollywood Walk of Fame
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston’s Whirlwind Romance Takes Over Italy
- Guy Marries His Smart Phone To Make A Point About The World Today
- Pregnant Fast Food Worker Brutally Assaulted By Customer For Forgetting Straws
- Woman Calls Out Samsung’s Phone Setting That Automatically Airbrushes Selfies
- According To Poll 1/3 Of People Would Rather Go To Dentist Than Be Seen In A Bikini
- Colleyville’s Katie Meili Is Head To The Olympics On The U.S. Swim Team