Kelly Clarkson is headed back to where she got her big break. She’s headed back to the singing reality show.
No it’s not American Idol, she is set to star in a new ABC series Duets.
ABC has decided it is time to get involved in the singing competition game, leaving CBS as the only major network with out one. The field is more crowded than ever before, but the format is arguably more popular than it has ever been.
ABC is launching Duets, which will star Kelly Clarkson, Jennifer Nettles, Lionel Richie, and Robin Thicke. The team will travel across the country looking for undiscovered talent.
Each star will choose two singers to be their duet partners. Together, they will take the stage each week and perform in front of a live studio audience. In the end, only one duet will win, with the amateur receiving a recording contract.
Clarkson has called the show “completely different” from the other singing competitions.
“They don’t audition like a normal process,” she says. “We get to collaborate with the artists that we choose. We get to go find the talent we really believe in.”
The series premieres this summer on ABC. You can see a preview of Duets HERE.
- Maroon 5 Releases Paint-Drenched ‘Love Somebody’ Video
- Butt-Dial Calls 911 And Busts Car Burglars
- Siri Backtalks Julie And Flirts With Tony
- Zach Galifianakis Takes Homeless Woman He Rescued As Date To “Hangover 3″ Premiere
- Man Makes Beer Stop During Police Chase
- Barbra Streisand Set To Perform in Israel
- Robin Thicke Talks ‘Unrated’ Video
- Woman Claims To Be “Too Pretty” To Work
- Win a Trip To Puerto Rico!
- New Beyoncé Song ‘Grown Woman’ Explores Feminine Power