Kelly Clarkson is headed back to where she got her big break. She’s headed back to the singing reality show.
No it’s not American Idol, she is set to star in a new ABC series Duets.
ABC has decided it is time to get involved in the singing competition game, leaving CBS as the only major network with out one. The field is more crowded than ever before, but the format is arguably more popular than it has ever been.
ABC is launching Duets, which will star Kelly Clarkson, Jennifer Nettles, Lionel Richie, and Robin Thicke. The team will travel across the country looking for undiscovered talent.
Each star will choose two singers to be their duet partners. Together, they will take the stage each week and perform in front of a live studio audience. In the end, only one duet will win, with the amateur receiving a recording contract.
Clarkson has called the show “completely different” from the other singing competitions.
“They don’t audition like a normal process,” she says. “We get to collaborate with the artists that we choose. We get to go find the talent we really believe in.”
The series premieres this summer on ABC. You can see a preview of Duets HERE.
- Dog Missing Ten Years Returned to Owner (PHOTO)
- Police Investigate Shooting At Deep Ellum Recording Studio
- Girl Ruins Fresh Spray Tan With Her Tears – Hilarious Pic!
- Watch Luke Skywalker Sing Celine Dion’s ‘All By Myself’
- VIDEO: Little Boy Wakes Up From Anesthesia Talking Like A Gangster
- John McCain’s Son Tells Twitter Racists To “Eat It” After Comments On Old Navy’s Interracial Ad
- Emma Watson Literally Wore Trash To The Met Gala
- Mark Zuckerberg Rewards A Kid With $10,000 After He Hacked Instagram
- Patton Oswalt Pays Tribute To His Late Wife
- Dish Network Now Offers House Calls To Fix Your iPhone