Ashley Olsen Retires From Acting
One half of the Olsen twins, Ashley Olsen, has decided she is done with acting.
Telling Elle magazine, “I don’t have to be a pretty face.”
Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen were on the cover of Elle in the UK this month. Ashley, the child star turned designer, has said that her thespian days are totally behind her.
“I don’t have to be a pretty face,” Ashley told the magazine. “I’ve done that, but now it’s important and liberating to be on the other side of the lens. I don’t like to be the center of attention anymore.”
She ,may not want to be the center of the acting world, but she would like to be the center of attention in fashion.
“We are perfectionists,” she said. “We’ve always wanted to be closely involved with everything, totally hands on—that’s why it works. If we step away, it stops working. I know it sounds controlling, but that’s how it has to be.”
Even though the acting duo, who got their star on Full House, are taking different career paths, they are still very similar.
“We’re attracted to different things, but we arrive at the same place,” she said. “I think we’re probably unaware of how intuitive it might seem from the outside. It’s basically one thought process shared between two people.”
- Halloween Today…Vs. Halloween In The 70’s
- Musicians Dress Up for Halloween 2014: See Their Costumes
- Bruce Springsteen Hadn’t Read ‘The Grapes of Wrath’ Before Writing ‘The Ghost of Tom Joad’
- VIDEO: T-Pain Performs Unplugged With No Auto-Tune!
- BREAKING: Virgin Galactic Spaceship Crashes
- KVIL’s 2014 Halloween Party
- Interview: Bea Miller Dreams of Ed Sheeran, Nirvana, Non-Slutty Halloween Costumes
- Amanda Bynes Released
- Starbucks To Deliver?
- Real Life Haunted Houses For Sale