Ashley Olsen Retires From Acting
One half of the Olsen twins, Ashley Olsen, has decided she is done with acting.
Telling Elle magazine, “I don’t have to be a pretty face.”
Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen were on the cover of Elle in the UK this month. Ashley, the child star turned designer, has said that her thespian days are totally behind her.
“I don’t have to be a pretty face,” Ashley told the magazine. “I’ve done that, but now it’s important and liberating to be on the other side of the lens. I don’t like to be the center of attention anymore.”
She ,may not want to be the center of the acting world, but she would like to be the center of attention in fashion.
“We are perfectionists,” she said. “We’ve always wanted to be closely involved with everything, totally hands on—that’s why it works. If we step away, it stops working. I know it sounds controlling, but that’s how it has to be.”
Even though the acting duo, who got their star on Full House, are taking different career paths, they are still very similar.
“We’re attracted to different things, but we arrive at the same place,” she said. “I think we’re probably unaware of how intuitive it might seem from the outside. It’s basically one thought process shared between two people.”
- Prosper Eagles Football Team In-Studio Chat ‘Shake It Off’ Viral Video
- VIDEO: The first QANTAS Double Decker Lands In DFW!
- Adam Levine And Wife Get Naked In New “Animals” Music Video
- Magic Mike XXL Plot And Full Cast Revealed
- Rock in Rio Comes to Vegas: Metallica, Linkin Park, Taylor Swift, No Doubt to Headline
- Lady Gaga After Tel Aviv Show: ‘The World View of Israel is Just Not Reality’
- BREAKING: Amanda Bynes Arrested
- VIDEO: Reporter’s Epic Fail In Interview With Kristen Wiig & Bill Hader
- Sam Smith Offers a Day in His Life with ‘Restart’ Video: Watch
- Beyoncé Handles Central Park Wardrobe Malfunction with Unparalleled Grace