Ashley Olsen Retires From Acting
One half of the Olsen twins, Ashley Olsen, has decided she is done with acting.
Telling Elle magazine, “I don’t have to be a pretty face.”
Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen were on the cover of Elle in the UK this month. Ashley, the child star turned designer, has said that her thespian days are totally behind her.
“I don’t have to be a pretty face,” Ashley told the magazine. “I’ve done that, but now it’s important and liberating to be on the other side of the lens. I don’t like to be the center of attention anymore.”
She ,may not want to be the center of the acting world, but she would like to be the center of attention in fashion.
“We are perfectionists,” she said. “We’ve always wanted to be closely involved with everything, totally hands on—that’s why it works. If we step away, it stops working. I know it sounds controlling, but that’s how it has to be.”
Even though the acting duo, who got their star on Full House, are taking different career paths, they are still very similar.
“We’re attracted to different things, but we arrive at the same place,” she said. “I think we’re probably unaware of how intuitive it might seem from the outside. It’s basically one thought process shared between two people.”
- RuPaul’s Drag Race Champ A Dead Beat Dad?
- Rumor About Teresa Giudice’s Post-Prison Plans Busted!
- Kris Humphries’ Nasty Tweet Aimed At Bruce Jenner During Special!?
- Bruce Jenner: The Interview
- PIC: Bruce Jenner Bravely Shows His Favorite Dress To Diane Sawyer
- PHOTO: The Full Look – Jared Leto As The Joker In ‘Suicide Squad.’
- VIDEO: Kory Chats with Andrew McMahon
- We Talked To Scheana Marie From “Vanderpump Rules” Today, So Much Fun!
- BREAKING: Josh Hamilton Could Be Coming Back To The Texas Rangers
- 10 Horrific “Greys Anatomy” Exits, Ranked By How Much They Traumatized You!