Ashley Olsen Retires From Acting
One half of the Olsen twins, Ashley Olsen, has decided she is done with acting.
Telling Elle magazine, “I don’t have to be a pretty face.”
Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen were on the cover of Elle in the UK this month. Ashley, the child star turned designer, has said that her thespian days are totally behind her.
“I don’t have to be a pretty face,” Ashley told the magazine. “I’ve done that, but now it’s important and liberating to be on the other side of the lens. I don’t like to be the center of attention anymore.”
She ,may not want to be the center of the acting world, but she would like to be the center of attention in fashion.
“We are perfectionists,” she said. “We’ve always wanted to be closely involved with everything, totally hands on—that’s why it works. If we step away, it stops working. I know it sounds controlling, but that’s how it has to be.”
Even though the acting duo, who got their star on Full House, are taking different career paths, they are still very similar.
“We’re attracted to different things, but we arrive at the same place,” she said. “I think we’re probably unaware of how intuitive it might seem from the outside. It’s basically one thought process shared between two people.”
- Pink Disses VMA And Feels Let Down; Then Apologizes To Demi Lovato
- Janet Jackson Shares New ‘Unbreakable’ Song
- Anne Hathaway Says She’s Losing Parts to Younger Actresses
- Simple Dinner Idea ~Cajun-Style Grill Foil Packets
- You’re More Successful Than You Realize
- Grammarly Speaking TCU Fans Are Ranked #2
- Your Cellphone Is Ruining Your Relationship
- Ben Affleck And Jennifer Garner Spotted Leaving A Marriage Counseling Session Together
- VIDEO: Watch Angelina Jolie’s Audition Tape At 25
- Six Flags Over Texas: Three New Rides Are Coming In 2016