Ashley Olsen Retires From Acting
One half of the Olsen twins, Ashley Olsen, has decided she is done with acting.
Telling Elle magazine, “I don’t have to be a pretty face.”
Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen were on the cover of Elle in the UK this month. Ashley, the child star turned designer, has said that her thespian days are totally behind her.
“I don’t have to be a pretty face,” Ashley told the magazine. “I’ve done that, but now it’s important and liberating to be on the other side of the lens. I don’t like to be the center of attention anymore.”
She ,may not want to be the center of the acting world, but she would like to be the center of attention in fashion.
“We are perfectionists,” she said. “We’ve always wanted to be closely involved with everything, totally hands on—that’s why it works. If we step away, it stops working. I know it sounds controlling, but that’s how it has to be.”
Even though the acting duo, who got their star on Full House, are taking different career paths, they are still very similar.
“We’re attracted to different things, but we arrive at the same place,” she said. “I think we’re probably unaware of how intuitive it might seem from the outside. It’s basically one thought process shared between two people.”
- Billboard Hot 100 Sets Record for Gridlock as ‘Happy’ Retains Top Spot
- Jay Z Is Bringing His Made in America Festival to the West Coast, While Still Keeping It In Philly
- Watch Taylor Swift Surprise a Fan at Her Bridal Shower
- Final ‘X-Men Days Of Future Past’ Trailer Hits The Internet
- Are Jay Z & Beyoncé Touring Together This Summer?
- Kory: Dallas’ New Tourism Video Makes Me Want To Move To Dallas…Oh Wait…I Did.
- Walker Brothers To Film Final Scenes For Late Brother
- Leigh Ann: How ‘Frozen’ Should Have Ended
- Pharrell’s New Song is ‘Here’ From the ‘Spider-Man 2′ Soundtrack
- Leigh Ann: Toddler Found In Claw Vending Machine