Do you wake up in the morning only to find yourself begging for bed just a couple of hours later? Maybe you’re not getting a good night’s sleep, as is the case for most adults. It’s recommended that we get at least 8 hours of undisturbed sleep, but it seems on average we only manage to squeeze in 5-7 at best. What is the secret to a good night’s sleep?
Relaxtion and routine. It’s that simple.
The answer was found as the result of a survey of 2,000 adults who claim to sleep like babies every night. The survey, conducted by a bed linen brand called Bedeck, asked these adults to describe their nightly routine.
The results found that for the perfect night’s sleep you should finish your dinner by 8:29PM, stop drinking fluids by 9:10PM, and be in bed by 10PM. It also suggested reading for 20 minutes and falling asleep by 10:26PM. According to the survey, following this recipe will have you sleeping undisturbed until your alarm buzzes at 6:47AM.
Developing this routine every night, even on the weekends, will help align your circadian rhythm so that you’ll tire and fall asleep naturally and wake naturally at the same time every day. Changing your weekend sleep schedule disrupts your circadian rhythm.
- Get Ready To Say Goodbye To Vampire Diaries! This Is Their Final Season!
- The Twitter Fight Between Chad And Robby After The Bachelorette Last Night Was Awesome!
- Carrie Underwood’s 17-Month-Old Belly Flopping In The Pool Is An Adorable Video
- MTV Announces 2016 VMA Nominees
- Taylor Swift Fan Committed to Psychiatric Hospital after Stage Rushing Incident
- Miss Cleo The Iconic TV Psychic Is Dead
- Unplugged TSA Scanner Allows Travelers To Pass Airport Security Without Being Checked
- Parts of Dallas Without Power After Fire at Oncor Facility
- 2-Year-Old Boy’s Hot Car Death Under Investigation by Dallas Police
- Ariana Grande Has A Sophisticated New Look, Check Out Her Bangs!