Neckties Could Be Extinct In 50 Years
The days of looking dapper like Don Draper may be coming to an end. With more and more offices going relaxing dress codes to business casual and beyond, neckties are becoming fewer and farther between in the work place.
According to a survey done in Britian, 74% of people believe that the necktie could go the way of the dinosaur in the next 50 years. However, there are those who think that the necktie could be outdated even before then. 51% of workers think it won’t last 20 years, and 22% don’t think the tie could be done this decade.
According to the Deccan Chronicle, the end of necktie comes at the growing trend of casual work places where everyone, on up to CEOs, dress more casual a la businesses like Facebook and Google. The necktie’s demise could be accelerated by the growing number of people who work from home, foregoing the need to dress up altogether.
- SPOILER ALERT: Major Stunt Shot For Downton Abbey Season Premiere!
- BLOG: The Night Before Phantom Of The Opera!
- Taylor Swift Will Not Sing About Exes, Air Dirty Laundry on ‘1989’
- Jimmy Fallon Takes On Pierce Brosnan In ‘Goldeneye’ Video Game
- Leigh Ann: Jennifer Hudson’s Half-Brother Jailed
- Sam Smith: Tinder is ‘Ruining Romance’
- Listen to a Preview of Ariana Grande’s ‘Too Close’
- NFL Asks Coldplay, Katy Perry & Rihanna to Pay to Play 2015 Super Bowl Halftime Show
- 7 Videos That Led Director Mark Romanek to Taylor Swift
- Stream a Preview of Ariana Grande’s New Album ‘My Everything’