Neckties Could Be Extinct In 50 Years
The days of looking dapper like Don Draper may be coming to an end. With more and more offices going relaxing dress codes to business casual and beyond, neckties are becoming fewer and farther between in the work place.
According to a survey done in Britian, 74% of people believe that the necktie could go the way of the dinosaur in the next 50 years. However, there are those who think that the necktie could be outdated even before then. 51% of workers think it won’t last 20 years, and 22% don’t think the tie could be done this decade.
According to the Deccan Chronicle, the end of necktie comes at the growing trend of casual work places where everyone, on up to CEOs, dress more casual a la businesses like Facebook and Google. The necktie’s demise could be accelerated by the growing number of people who work from home, foregoing the need to dress up altogether.
- Are Kristen Bell’s Daughters The Only Kids Who Haven’t Seen ‘Frozen?’
- Adele’s New Album Has A Leak (Named Kelly Clarkson)
- Traffic Reporter Caught Ordering Fast Food On Air
- Kim Kardashian Has Wardrobe Malfunction At Paris Fashion Week
- Facebook Status Updates That Need To Stop Today!
- Haulin Oats Earns Hall & Oates Lawsuit, But Garfunkel & Oates Get a Pass?
- Peeps-Flavored Milk Is Now A Real Thing!
- Funniest Lies Parents Told Their Kids
- Couple Busted Making Love All Over “50 Shades” Exhibit In Las Vegas
- Prince Announces Hit & Run Tour with Pop-Up Shows Across U.S.