The days of looking dapper like Don Draper may be coming to an end. With more and more offices going relaxing dress codes to business casual and beyond, neckties are becoming fewer and farther between in the work place.
According to a survey done in Britian, 74% of people believe that the necktie could go the way of the dinosaur in the next 50 years. However, there are those who think that the necktie could be outdated even before then. 51% of workers think it won’t last 20 years, and 22% don’t think the tie could be done this decade.
According to the Deccan Chronicle, the end of necktie comes at the growing trend of casual work places where everyone, on up to CEOs, dress more casual a la businesses like Facebook and Google. The necktie’s demise could be accelerated by the growing number of people who work from home, foregoing the need to dress up altogether.
- Elton John Performs Post-Super Bowl Carpool Karaoke with James Corden
- The Super Bowl “Woo” Guy Enrages People On Social Media
- Taylor Swift to Open the GRAMMY Awards
- Bernie Sanders Appears on SNL with Doppelganger Larry David
- AUDIO: Dose Of Sass With Steve Kemble For February 8th, 2016
- ‘Hot Ref’ Clete Blakeman Praised on Social Media During Super Bowl
- Gwyneth Paltrow Shares Adorable Picture Of Apple Martin And Blue Ivy At The Super Bowl
- These Were The Top 5 Commercials From The Super Bowl
- VIDEO: Watch Beyonce Recover From A Fall During The Halftime Show Like A Boss
- Matt Leblanc Nearly Had A Nervous Breakdown After ‘Friends’ Ended