The days of looking dapper like Don Draper may be coming to an end. With more and more offices going relaxing dress codes to business casual and beyond, neckties are becoming fewer and farther between in the work place.
According to a survey done in Britian, 74% of people believe that the necktie could go the way of the dinosaur in the next 50 years. However, there are those who think that the necktie could be outdated even before then. 51% of workers think it won’t last 20 years, and 22% don’t think the tie could be done this decade.
According to the Deccan Chronicle, the end of necktie comes at the growing trend of casual work places where everyone, on up to CEOs, dress more casual a la businesses like Facebook and Google. The necktie’s demise could be accelerated by the growing number of people who work from home, foregoing the need to dress up altogether.
- Citing LGBT Discrimination, Lady Gaga Asks for Boycott of Sochi Olympics
- Weather Channel Names The Winter Storm “Cleon”…Really?
- One Direction Perform ‘Afternoon Delight’ with ‘Anchorman’ Cast on ‘SNL’
- Beyoncé’s “The Mrs. Carter Show World Tour” Will Happen Tonight
- Man Wakes Up To Empty Plane Cabin
- Santa’s Sparkle Nominee: Buffy
- Ain’t Nobody Got Time For That: Icepocalypse 2013 Edition
- Grown Ups Get A Chance To Crawl In Neiman Marcus’ Tubes In Downtown Dallas
- VIDEO: Beware Of Falling Ice
- Enter For Your Chance To Win Sparkle At The Anatole