The days of looking dapper like Don Draper may be coming to an end. With more and more offices going relaxing dress codes to business casual and beyond, neckties are becoming fewer and farther between in the work place.
According to a survey done in Britian, 74% of people believe that the necktie could go the way of the dinosaur in the next 50 years. However, there are those who think that the necktie could be outdated even before then. 51% of workers think it won’t last 20 years, and 22% don’t think the tie could be done this decade.
According to the Deccan Chronicle, the end of necktie comes at the growing trend of casual work places where everyone, on up to CEOs, dress more casual a la businesses like Facebook and Google. The necktie’s demise could be accelerated by the growing number of people who work from home, foregoing the need to dress up altogether.
- 3 ingredient Nutella Brownies
- Here Are The 10 Shows You Need To Binge Watch Over Thanksgiving!
- Golden Girls “Granny Panties” Are A Real Thing!
- These 4 Habits Are Making You Look WAY Older Than You Are!
- Ellie Goulding Remixes “Love Me Like You Do” In Every Genre Of Music You Can Imagine!
- The 25 Amazing Things You Have To Make With Your Thanksgiving Leftovers!
- These Tweets Will Make Every Nurse Alive Laugh Out Loud!
- Our Very Own Leigh Ann Was Featured In DFW Child Magazine!
- Bryan Adams on ‘Get Up!,’ Country Music and Amy Winehouse
- Sybil Interview Anna Kurian From North Texas Food Bank