The days of looking dapper like Don Draper may be coming to an end. With more and more offices going relaxing dress codes to business casual and beyond, neckties are becoming fewer and farther between in the work place.
According to a survey done in Britian, 74% of people believe that the necktie could go the way of the dinosaur in the next 50 years. However, there are those who think that the necktie could be outdated even before then. 51% of workers think it won’t last 20 years, and 22% don’t think the tie could be done this decade.
According to the Deccan Chronicle, the end of necktie comes at the growing trend of casual work places where everyone, on up to CEOs, dress more casual a la businesses like Facebook and Google. The necktie’s demise could be accelerated by the growing number of people who work from home, foregoing the need to dress up altogether.
- Santa’s Sparkle Nominee: Maria Marquez
- Celtic Women Join The Dallas Pops For Concerts This Weekend At Fair Park Music Hall
- Beyonce’s New Album Gets Surprise iTunes Release
- Dream Expert Damian Nordmann Tells Us What Our Dreams Mean
- Justin Timberlake, Taylor Swift, Coldplay, U2 & Jared Leto Up For Golden Globes
- R. Kelly Christmas Album Coming Down Chimneys in 2014
- Kory’s Top Ten Tech Gifts For 2013
- Kelly Clarkson to Appear on TVs’ ‘Nashville’
- $4.6 Million For A Wreath???
- John’s Top 10 Just Plain Awesome Gifts