The days of looking dapper like Don Draper may be coming to an end. With more and more offices going relaxing dress codes to business casual and beyond, neckties are becoming fewer and farther between in the work place.
According to a survey done in Britian, 74% of people believe that the necktie could go the way of the dinosaur in the next 50 years. However, there are those who think that the necktie could be outdated even before then. 51% of workers think it won’t last 20 years, and 22% don’t think the tie could be done this decade.
According to the Deccan Chronicle, the end of necktie comes at the growing trend of casual work places where everyone, on up to CEOs, dress more casual a la businesses like Facebook and Google. The necktie’s demise could be accelerated by the growing number of people who work from home, foregoing the need to dress up altogether.
- Newly Remodeled Crescent Complex In Uptown Is Getting Its Very Own Shake Shack
- Actor Billy Zane Says He Wishes Rose Had Gotten Back Together With His Character in ‘Titanic’
- Dad’s ‘Take Your Daughter’s Doll’ To Work Day Pics Go Viral
- VIDEO: Houston Pilot Jumped Out Of Helicopter To Take Down A Suspect
- Dennis Quaid’s Wife Files for Divorce
- Police Warn Dog Owners To Watch Out For Homemade Tennis Ball Bombs In Their Neighborhood
- Here Are 20 Celebrities You May Not Know Are Sex Addicts
- Big Brother 18.1 Recap
- Man Shoots At Taco Bell Employees Because They Forgot His Sour Cream
- Pharrell Williams Rocks ‘B is for Book’ on Sesame Street