The days of looking dapper like Don Draper may be coming to an end. With more and more offices going relaxing dress codes to business casual and beyond, neckties are becoming fewer and farther between in the work place.
According to a survey done in Britian, 74% of people believe that the necktie could go the way of the dinosaur in the next 50 years. However, there are those who think that the necktie could be outdated even before then. 51% of workers think it won’t last 20 years, and 22% don’t think the tie could be done this decade.
According to the Deccan Chronicle, the end of necktie comes at the growing trend of casual work places where everyone, on up to CEOs, dress more casual a la businesses like Facebook and Google. The necktie’s demise could be accelerated by the growing number of people who work from home, foregoing the need to dress up altogether.
- This Will Make You Think Of “Saved By The Bell” In A Whole Different Way!
- Why Meghan Trainor Should Win the Best New Artist GRAMMY
- Chicago Release Official Statement on Peter Cetera
- Carly Rae Jepsen Covers ‘Full House’ Theme in New Trailer
- Hall & Oates Announce Summer Tour 2016
- Go Behind The Scenes of Taylor Swift’s ‘Out Of The Woods’ Music Video
- Did Donald Trump Just Call Ted Cruz A P*$$Y?
- Husband Sues Wife For Not Cooking And Cleaning Enough!
- Did This Baby Just Punch Himself In This Ultrasound? It’s Going Viral Now!
- Madonna Has Hired A P.I. In Custody Battle For Her Son Rocco