The days of looking dapper like Don Draper may be coming to an end. With more and more offices going relaxing dress codes to business casual and beyond, neckties are becoming fewer and farther between in the work place.
According to a survey done in Britian, 74% of people believe that the necktie could go the way of the dinosaur in the next 50 years. However, there are those who think that the necktie could be outdated even before then. 51% of workers think it won’t last 20 years, and 22% don’t think the tie could be done this decade.
According to the Deccan Chronicle, the end of necktie comes at the growing trend of casual work places where everyone, on up to CEOs, dress more casual a la businesses like Facebook and Google. The necktie’s demise could be accelerated by the growing number of people who work from home, foregoing the need to dress up altogether.
- Elephant Born At Dallas Zoo
- Python Bites Man On His “Snake” (Photos!)
- Daughter Of Michael Jackson Reveals Tattoo To Honor Father
- Bruce Springsteen Gives Coat to Underdressed Adele
- Hillary Clinton Tells Taylor Swift Beyoncé’s ‘Lemonade’ is ‘Great’
- Dixie Chicks The Most Expensive Concert Ticket
- Jessica Simpsons Flaunts Assets In New Photo
- Blake Shelton Tries Sushi For The First Time And It’s Hilarious (Video)
- Did This Boyfriend’s Prank Go Too Far? (Video)
- Controversy Already On The Bachelorette?