Neckties Could Be Extinct In 50 Years
The days of looking dapper like Don Draper may be coming to an end. With more and more offices going relaxing dress codes to business casual and beyond, neckties are becoming fewer and farther between in the work place.
According to a survey done in Britian, 74% of people believe that the necktie could go the way of the dinosaur in the next 50 years. However, there are those who think that the necktie could be outdated even before then. 51% of workers think it won’t last 20 years, and 22% don’t think the tie could be done this decade.
According to the Deccan Chronicle, the end of necktie comes at the growing trend of casual work places where everyone, on up to CEOs, dress more casual a la businesses like Facebook and Google. The necktie’s demise could be accelerated by the growing number of people who work from home, foregoing the need to dress up altogether.
- If You Love Great Movies You Won’t Love This! Sharknado 2 In 2 Minutes!
- Julie’s Review Room: Guardians Of The Galaxy
- VIDEO: Vin Diesel Singing Sam Smith’s “Stay With Me.”
- Kate Upton Denied Puppy By MLB Player Boyfriend
- Lily Allen Says Miley’s Bangerz Tour Is “Incredible To Watch”
- Lorde to Curate ‘The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1′ Soundtrack
- New Album from Janet Jackson is Coming Soon
- Posthumous Album of Robin Gibb’s Final Recordings Coming in September
- Katy Perry Gets Down with Her Summer Self in ‘This is How We Do’ Video: Watch
- Brian Williams Announces His Daughter Casting In NBC’s Live Production Of ‘Peter Pan’