Adele Surpasses King Of Pop In UK All-Time Biggest Selling Albums
Move over King of Pop here comes [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Adele[/lastfm]. Well at least in the UK. The Singer’s second album “21” has now passed [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Michael Jackson[/lastfm]‘s “Bad” on the all-time best-selling albums in the UK. She still has quite a way to go to catch Michael’s “Thriller” and [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]The Eagles[/lastfm]‘ “Eagles: Their Greatest Hits” albums in the US.
Can “21” be stopped?
“21” has now sold 4.02 million copies in the UK which is good enough to move her to 8th in the UK, and she won’t remain in that spot for very long. She only needs to sale 150,000 more copies to move up to sixth on the list.
She still needs quite a few more sales to catch the top spot in America, about 20 million more to be exact. She could pull it off in the UK considering she only needs about 2 million more in sales to be UK’s all-time best-selling album.
Adele recently stated that she will be heading into the studio to begin work on the follow-up to “21” sometime this year.
- Stevie’s Soapbox: Is Chivalry Dead?
- Weekend Rewind: SURGE Resurgence, #LecraeOnFallon, Doctor Strange, Ron Washington And More
- Storytime with Stevie: How I Got Here
- QUIZ: Which Coach From The Voice Are You?
- Brand New iPhone 6 DROP!
- This Pat Green Song Tells You Everything You Need To Know About Texas Women! They Are The Best!
- Stream John Mellencamp’s New Album, ‘Plain Spoken’
- Bono: ‘No One Has Deleted More U2 Songs in the Last Five Years Than the Members of U2′
- Radio.com Presents the 2014 Eventful Fan’s Choice Awards
- Listen to Queen’s ’80s Collaboration with Michael Jackson, ‘There Must Be More to Life Than This’