Adele Surpasses King Of Pop In UK All-Time Biggest Selling Albums
Move over King of Pop here comes [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Adele[/lastfm]. Well at least in the UK. The Singer’s second album “21″ has now passed [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Michael Jackson[/lastfm]‘s “Bad” on the all-time best-selling albums in the UK. She still has quite a way to go to catch Michael’s “Thriller” and [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]The Eagles[/lastfm]‘ “Eagles: Their Greatest Hits” albums in the US.
Can “21″ be stopped?
“21″ has now sold 4.02 million copies in the UK which is good enough to move her to 8th in the UK, and she won’t remain in that spot for very long. She only needs to sale 150,000 more copies to move up to sixth on the list.
She still needs quite a few more sales to catch the top spot in America, about 20 million more to be exact. She could pull it off in the UK considering she only needs about 2 million more in sales to be UK’s all-time best-selling album.
Adele recently stated that she will be heading into the studio to begin work on the follow-up to “21″ sometime this year.
- Vine Of The Day: Cuteness Overload- 11.24.14
- Some Can’t-Miss Moments from the American Music Awards!
- Miley’s Raunchy Birthday Celebration
- ‘The Walking Dead’s’ Norman Reedus Talks About Daryl’s Romances And Midseason Finale
- Penguins Of Madagascar Passes Giveaway
- The Giver DVD Giveaway
- Lisa Bonet’s Tweets Aimed At The Bill Cosby Scandal? She’s Not On His Side It Seems…
- Third Steamy, Hot, Naughty “Fifty Shades of Grey” Trailer Is Out!
- Did Kourtney Just Break up with Scott on Instagram?
- KVIL Listener Photographs Chris Martin At Gwyneth Paltrow’s Event In Dallas