Adele Surpasses King Of Pop In UK All-Time Biggest Selling Albums
Move over King of Pop here comes [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Adele[/lastfm]. Well at least in the UK. The Singer’s second album “21” has now passed [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Michael Jackson[/lastfm]’s “Bad” on the all-time best-selling albums in the UK. She still has quite a way to go to catch Michael’s “Thriller” and [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]The Eagles[/lastfm]’ “Eagles: Their Greatest Hits” albums in the US.
Can “21” be stopped?
“21” has now sold 4.02 million copies in the UK which is good enough to move her to 8th in the UK, and she won’t remain in that spot for very long. She only needs to sale 150,000 more copies to move up to sixth on the list.
She still needs quite a few more sales to catch the top spot in America, about 20 million more to be exact. She could pull it off in the UK considering she only needs about 2 million more in sales to be UK’s all-time best-selling album.
Adele recently stated that she will be heading into the studio to begin work on the follow-up to “21” sometime this year.
- Rihanna, The Weeknd, Selena Gomez to Play Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show
- Ariana Grande Teases ‘Focus’ Cover
- John Legend and Chrissy Teigen are Having a Baby
- Top Ten Things People Steal From Hotel Rooms
- Twin Babies Uncontrollably Giggling at Their Pomeranian
- Tracy Morgan Returns to Comedy Stage; First Time Since Accident
- AMAs Complete List Of Nominees
- Esquire Magazine’s Sexiest Woman Of 2015 Is…
- This Actor Is Having His Fourth Child In Four Years
- These Are The Top Misheard Pop Lyrics. Do You Get These Lyrics Wrong?