Move over King of Pop here comes [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Adele[/lastfm]. Well at least in the UK. The Singer’s second album “21″ has now passed [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Michael Jackson[/lastfm]‘s “Bad” on the all-time best-selling albums in the UK. She still has quite a way to go to catch Michael’s “Thriller” and [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]The Eagles[/lastfm]‘ “Eagles: Their Greatest Hits” albums in the US.
Can “21″ be stopped?
“21″ has now sold 4.02 million copies in the UK which is good enough to move her to 8th in the UK, and she won’t remain in that spot for very long. She only needs to sale 150,000 more copies to move up to sixth on the list.
She still needs quite a few more sales to catch the top spot in America, about 20 million more to be exact. She could pull it off in the UK considering she only needs about 2 million more in sales to be UK’s all-time best-selling album.
Adele recently stated that she will be heading into the studio to begin work on the follow-up to “21″ sometime this year.
- Willie Nelson Team Up with Harry Connick Jr. on Holiday Track ‘When I’m Home’
- Kanye Rails Against the GRAMMYs Over His Lack of Nominations, Again
- GRAMMY Gourmet: Josh Homme On His Kinship With Anthony Bourdain
- Listen to Ron Burgundy and Robin Thicke Duet on Christopher Cross’ ‘Ride Like the Wind’ for ‘Anchorman 2′
- Julie Fisk’s Gift Guide For The Movie Buffs
- Leigh Ann’s Gift Guide For The Shop-A-Holic
- Peter Gabriel Working On New Album
- Celebrate A Candlelit Christmas At Dallas’ Heritage Village This Weekend
- Classic Songs That Gained New Life In 2013
- Santa’s Sparkle Nominee: The Rodriguez Family