She’s got the drive, the figure and the discipline of a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader. But does Sharon Simmons have what it takes to dance alongside some of the most visible women in the world? She’ll soon find out when the Carrollton resident auditions to be a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader.
She’s also a grandmother of two.
“I’m 55. And in May, around the competition, I’ll be 56,” explained Simmons. “On stage, I blend right in with women in their 20s, 30s and up.”
Simmons was asked if she believes that there is a physical difference between her body and those of the 19-year-olds trying out? “Absolutely no difference,” she declared.
Simmons is an author and national fitness competitor who embraces what she calls “defining moments.” She had one last December, when she used the Cowboys cheerleader uniform as inspiration for a fitness costume. “I thought, that’s something I never tried,” Simmons said. “I always wanted to try out. I got real close in my early 20s, but got busy raising my daughter. And I thought, why not now?”
READ MORE AT CBSDFW.COM
Tracy Kornet Reporting
More From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- Dog Missing Ten Years Returned to Owner (PHOTO)
- Police Investigate Shooting At Deep Ellum Recording Studio
- Girl Ruins Fresh Spray Tan With Her Tears – Hilarious Pic!
- Watch Luke Skywalker Sing Celine Dion’s ‘All By Myself’
- VIDEO: Little Boy Wakes Up From Anesthesia Talking Like A Gangster
- John McCain’s Son Tells Twitter Racists To “Eat It” After Comments On Old Navy’s Interracial Ad
- Emma Watson Literally Wore Trash To The Met Gala
- Mark Zuckerberg Rewards A Kid With $10,000 After He Hacked Instagram
- Patton Oswalt Pays Tribute To His Late Wife
- Dish Network Now Offers House Calls To Fix Your iPhone