She’s got the drive, the figure and the discipline of a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader. But does Sharon Simmons have what it takes to dance alongside some of the most visible women in the world? She’ll soon find out when the Carrollton resident auditions to be a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader.
She’s also a grandmother of two.
“I’m 55. And in May, around the competition, I’ll be 56,” explained Simmons. “On stage, I blend right in with women in their 20s, 30s and up.”
Simmons was asked if she believes that there is a physical difference between her body and those of the 19-year-olds trying out? “Absolutely no difference,” she declared.
Simmons is an author and national fitness competitor who embraces what she calls “defining moments.” She had one last December, when she used the Cowboys cheerleader uniform as inspiration for a fitness costume. “I thought, that’s something I never tried,” Simmons said. “I always wanted to try out. I got real close in my early 20s, but got busy raising my daughter. And I thought, why not now?”
READ MORE AT CBSDFW.COM
Tracy Kornet Reporting
More From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- The Next James Bond Could Be A Woman
- Study: More Millennials Live with Parents Than Partners
- Adorable Picture Of Little Girl Playing With Baby Gorilla At Fort Worth Zoo
- Alligator Is Caught Behind Dallas Middle School
- Hilarious VIDEO: Game Of Thrones Emilia Clarke Sings ‘MMMBop’ In Dothraki
- The Kardashians Are Getting Their Own Movie, Family Offered $100 Million!
- VIDEO: This Close-Up Footage Of A Giant Tornado In Kansas Is UNREAL!!!!
- Domino’s Pizza Apologized To Customer Whose Pizza Ended Up With A Testicle On It. Gross!!!
- Paralyzed Dog Nearly Euthanized Until Medical Student Finds a Tick (PHOTOS)
- Anne Hathaway, James Corden Face off in Rap Battle