55 Year-Old Grandma Wants To Be Cowboys Cheerleader
She’s got the drive, the figure and the discipline of a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader. But does Sharon Simmons have what it takes to dance alongside some of the most visible women in the world? She’ll soon find out when the Carrollton resident auditions to be a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader.
She’s also a grandmother of two.
“I’m 55. And in May, around the competition, I’ll be 56,” explained Simmons. “On stage, I blend right in with women in their 20s, 30s and up.”
Simmons was asked if she believes that there is a physical difference between her body and those of the 19-year-olds trying out? “Absolutely no difference,” she declared.
Simmons is an author and national fitness competitor who embraces what she calls “defining moments.” She had one last December, when she used the Cowboys cheerleader uniform as inspiration for a fitness costume. “I thought, that’s something I never tried,” Simmons said. “I always wanted to try out. I got real close in my early 20s, but got busy raising my daughter. And I thought, why not now?”
READ MORE AT CBSDFW.COM
Tracy Kornet Reporting
More From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- BREAKING: Miley Cyrus Surprises Audience At The A.A.C.
- A First Look At Prince William & Kate Middleton’s Princess!
- WATCH: Hootie & The Blowfish Reunite On ‘Late Night With David Letterman’
- Bruce Jenner Sued
- BREAKING: Royal Baby #2 Is A Girl!
- BREAKING: Prince William & Kate Middleton Welcome Royal Baby #2!
- Jason Bateman Narrates ‘A LEGO Brickumentary’—Coming to Theaters in July
- Dear BuzzFeed: You’re Welcome. Love, Texas
- As Dirty As What?! Is This The End Of The Beard Trend?
- When This Carjacker Finally Stopped, Police Discovered A 13-Year-Old Behind The Wheel