55 Year-Old Grandma Wants To Be Cowboys Cheerleader
She’s got the drive, the figure and the discipline of a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader. But does Sharon Simmons have what it takes to dance alongside some of the most visible women in the world? She’ll soon find out when the Carrollton resident auditions to be a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader.
She’s also a grandmother of two.
“I’m 55. And in May, around the competition, I’ll be 56,” explained Simmons. “On stage, I blend right in with women in their 20s, 30s and up.”
Simmons was asked if she believes that there is a physical difference between her body and those of the 19-year-olds trying out? “Absolutely no difference,” she declared.
Simmons is an author and national fitness competitor who embraces what she calls “defining moments.” She had one last December, when she used the Cowboys cheerleader uniform as inspiration for a fitness costume. “I thought, that’s something I never tried,” Simmons said. “I always wanted to try out. I got real close in my early 20s, but got busy raising my daughter. And I thought, why not now?”
READ MORE AT CBSDFW.COM
Tracy Kornet Reporting
More From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- The Home Button On The New iPhone Is Burning People’s Fingers
- Here Are The Happiest Cities In Texas
- These 19 Celebrities Real Names Will Shock You!
- James Franco Is In Dallas Through November! Have You Seen Him Around Town?
- Remember The Irving Boy Who Was Arrested For Bringing His Clock To School? There Is Now A Halloween Costume!
- #LiveLocal #FoodieChallenge #InTheKVILKitchen with Stacy Fawcett
- James Bay And Ed Sheeran Team Up For “Let It Go”
- Watch Small Dog Scare You-Know-What Out of Bear Cubs (VIDEO)
- Watch Julianne Moore, John Stamos & James Corden Create a Taylor Swift Soap Opera
- Taco Bell Achieves New Standard For Vegetarians