55 Year-Old Grandma Wants To Be Cowboys Cheerleader
She’s got the drive, the figure and the discipline of a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader. But does Sharon Simmons have what it takes to dance alongside some of the most visible women in the world? She’ll soon find out when the Carrollton resident auditions to be a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader.
She’s also a grandmother of two.
“I’m 55. And in May, around the competition, I’ll be 56,” explained Simmons. “On stage, I blend right in with women in their 20s, 30s and up.”
Simmons was asked if she believes that there is a physical difference between her body and those of the 19-year-olds trying out? “Absolutely no difference,” she declared.
Simmons is an author and national fitness competitor who embraces what she calls “defining moments.” She had one last December, when she used the Cowboys cheerleader uniform as inspiration for a fitness costume. “I thought, that’s something I never tried,” Simmons said. “I always wanted to try out. I got real close in my early 20s, but got busy raising my daughter. And I thought, why not now?”
READ MORE AT CBSDFW.COM
Tracy Kornet Reporting
More From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- Ariana Grande Adds 2nd Show In Dallas
- New James Bond Film Releases First Trailer
- Michael Jackson Used to Prank Call Russell Crowe
- Destiny’s Child Performed Together Again This Weekend: Watch
- 11 Ways Dating In Dallas Is Different Than In Any Other City
- The Trailer For Fear The Walking Dead Is Here
- VIDEO: Girl Passes Out On Freeway
- 50 Reasons Why Fort Worth Is Better Than Dallas
- VIDEO: Justin Bieber Forgets Lyrics And Embarrasses Himself On Stage With Ariana Grande
- VIDEO: Destiny’s Child Including Beyonce Reunite For Performance