55 Year-Old Grandma Wants To Be Cowboys Cheerleader
She’s got the drive, the figure and the discipline of a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader. But does Sharon Simmons have what it takes to dance alongside some of the most visible women in the world? She’ll soon find out when the Carrollton resident auditions to be a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader.
She’s also a grandmother of two.
“I’m 55. And in May, around the competition, I’ll be 56,” explained Simmons. “On stage, I blend right in with women in their 20s, 30s and up.”
Simmons was asked if she believes that there is a physical difference between her body and those of the 19-year-olds trying out? “Absolutely no difference,” she declared.
Simmons is an author and national fitness competitor who embraces what she calls “defining moments.” She had one last December, when she used the Cowboys cheerleader uniform as inspiration for a fitness costume. “I thought, that’s something I never tried,” Simmons said. “I always wanted to try out. I got real close in my early 20s, but got busy raising my daughter. And I thought, why not now?”
READ MORE AT CBSDFW.COM
Tracy Kornet Reporting
More From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- VIDEO: Famous Baltimore Raven Football Player Ray Lewis Tells Baltimore Teens To “Go Home”
- VIDEO: Mom Gets Praise After Scolding Son For Rioting
- Anna Kendrick Sings Campfire Version of ‘Cups’ in ‘Pitch Perfect 2′ Clip: Watch
- Lifetime Is Going To Air Unauthorized Version Of “Full House”
- Sam Smith Cancels Tour Dates Due to Vocal Cord Hemorrhage
- This Baltimore Protester Dancing to Michael Jackson May Make Your Morning a Little Better
- Foodie Blog: Pam’s Famous Ham and Cheese Sliders!
- Six Flags Free Ticket Friday
- Meet Taylor Swift, Sheep Whisperer
- The Story Behind Walk the Moon’s ‘Shut Up and Dance': Watch