She’s got the drive, the figure and the discipline of a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader. But does Sharon Simmons have what it takes to dance alongside some of the most visible women in the world? She’ll soon find out when the Carrollton resident auditions to be a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader.
She’s also a grandmother of two.
“I’m 55. And in May, around the competition, I’ll be 56,” explained Simmons. “On stage, I blend right in with women in their 20s, 30s and up.”
Simmons was asked if she believes that there is a physical difference between her body and those of the 19-year-olds trying out? “Absolutely no difference,” she declared.
Simmons is an author and national fitness competitor who embraces what she calls “defining moments.” She had one last December, when she used the Cowboys cheerleader uniform as inspiration for a fitness costume. “I thought, that’s something I never tried,” Simmons said. “I always wanted to try out. I got real close in my early 20s, but got busy raising my daughter. And I thought, why not now?”
READ MORE AT CBSDFW.COM
Tracy Kornet Reporting
More From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- Justin Bieber’s Dog Is Cooler Than All Of Us Combined (Video)
- Fan Who Rushed Taylor Swift On Stage Sentenced To Stay In Mental Hospital
- Jason Derulo Comes To Dallas In August. Want Some Free Tickets?
- Adele Kisses A Fan On Stage, Both Freak Out (Video)
- Lightning Strikes Empire State Building (Video)
- Hawaiian Falls Water Park To Open Its Doors To Heroes For Free
- Justin Timberlake Does “The Carlton” And Gets Slapped By A Fan At Golf Tournament (Video)
- Demi Lovato Delivers Impassioned Speech About Living With Mental Illness At DNC (Video)
- Paul Simon Performs ‘Bridge Over Troubled Water’ at the DNC
- Here Is Everything Being Added To Netflix For August