Dog Bites Reporter In The Face
A dog rescued from an icy pond in the US may be put down after it bit a news anchor during a live television interview in Denver.
Kyle Dyer was rushed to hospital after being bitten by Max, an Argentine Mastiff, on a Colorado’s 9NEWS morning program on Wednesday morning.
Max was on the show after being pulled from a freezing reservoir by a firefighter on Tuesday after it fell through the ice while chasing a coyote.
Dyer suffering bite wounds to her face and is in a “fair condition” at Denver Health Medical Centre.
“I just adore dogs, but I’m especially happy to meet you after your story yesterday,” Dyer said to the mastiff as she patted him during the interview. “You’re gorgeous.”
As the interview ended Dyer leaned in towards Max in a show of affection but the dog bared its teeth and snapped at the news anchor before owner Michael Robinson was able to restrain it.
“So you may have seen Kyle get bit by the dog in the 7am hour,” co-anchor Gary Shapiro wrote on Facebook. “All we know for sure is that he got her on the lip, and she’s being treated for the injury at the hospital.”
Max’s owner will be cited for leash law violations, not having control of the dog and not vaccinating it for rabies.
The animal is not showing signs of rabies but may be put down anyway.
See the video below. WARNING: GRAPHIC
- What’s Hot: The Strangling Brothers Haunted House
- Lorde Calls Kanye West Her ‘Idol,’ Discusses Their Awkward First Phone Call
- Like Us To Win A Trip to A Very Grammy Christmas
- Robin Thicke and Pharrell Williams to Face Marvin Gaye’s Family in Court Over Alleged ‘Blurred Lines’ Ripoff
- Twisty The Clown Takes Over Zazza Mornings
- Happy Halloweeeeeen From ALL Of Us At KVIL!!
- Women Cat Called Over 100 Times While Walking Through New York City! This Is Crazy
- Julie’s Review Room: Nightcrawler
- Allison Sweeney Leaves “Days Of Our Lives” – Read Her Farewell Letter To Fans
- Phil Collins Calls Adele ‘A Slippery Little Fish’ After Supposed Album Snub