Dog Bites Reporter In The Face
A dog rescued from an icy pond in the US may be put down after it bit a news anchor during a live television interview in Denver.
Kyle Dyer was rushed to hospital after being bitten by Max, an Argentine Mastiff, on a Colorado’s 9NEWS morning program on Wednesday morning.
Max was on the show after being pulled from a freezing reservoir by a firefighter on Tuesday after it fell through the ice while chasing a coyote.
Dyer suffering bite wounds to her face and is in a “fair condition” at Denver Health Medical Centre.
“I just adore dogs, but I’m especially happy to meet you after your story yesterday,” Dyer said to the mastiff as she patted him during the interview. “You’re gorgeous.”
As the interview ended Dyer leaned in towards Max in a show of affection but the dog bared its teeth and snapped at the news anchor before owner Michael Robinson was able to restrain it.
“So you may have seen Kyle get bit by the dog in the 7am hour,” co-anchor Gary Shapiro wrote on Facebook. “All we know for sure is that he got her on the lip, and she’s being treated for the injury at the hospital.”
Max’s owner will be cited for leash law violations, not having control of the dog and not vaccinating it for rabies.
The animal is not showing signs of rabies but may be put down anyway.
See the video below. WARNING: GRAPHIC
- Lily Allen Says Miley’s Bangerz Tour Is “Incredible To Watch”
- Lorde to Curate ‘The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1′ Soundtrack
- New Album from Janet Jackson is Coming Soon
- Posthumous Album of Robin Gibb’s Final Recordings Coming in September
- Katy Perry Gets Down with Her Summer Self in ‘This is How We Do’ Video: Watch
- Brian Williams Announces His Daughter Casting In NBC’s Live Production Of ‘Peter Pan’
- Foodie Blog: Here’s the Scoop! July is National Ice Cream Month
- Beyonce Adresses Divorce Rumor In Instagram Pic
- Video: Ben Stiller Goes Rappelling With Bear Grylls
- Leonardo DiCaprio Loved Watching Orlando Bloom Swing At Bieber