Taylor Swift didn’t attend her own junior prom, but now she has the opportunity to make one fan’s prom dream come true.
New Jersey teen Kevin McGuire is currently receiving treatment for leukemia and is hoping the country songstress will be his date on June 1.
“When you get diagnosed with cancer twice, you learn that hope is amazing. And you can do anything as long as you hope for it,” he said.
When McGuire told his sister Tori about his worries that no one would want to attend prom with someone who is bald, she mentioned Swift.
“I said what if I got Taylor Swift to go to the prom with you? His eyes lit up for the first time since he was diagnosed,” Tori said.
So, Tori started a Facebook petition asking Swift to attend prom with her brother. With nearly 80,000 members on Facebook and #TeamKevin trending on Twitter, the McGuires anxiously await a response from Swift.
Celebrities have joined the Twitter cause:
Kevin said Swift is his ideal prom date, “Someone who’s confident, someone who will make me have a good time and make me not feel like a sick kid. Even in the predicament of being in cancer, having a bald head and little chipmunk cheeks, she’ll be able to make me feel like I belong at my senior prom.”
Prom also falls on Kevin’s birthday, and if Taylor Swift accepts Kevin’s request, it would no doubt be the ultimate birthday present.
Thanks to Annie Reuter
More From 103.7 Lite FM
- Take A Tour Of Michael Jackson’s Estate This Sunday On ’60 Minutes’
- George Michael Injured In Car Crash
- Justin Bieber Owes Germany Thousands For Monkey Day Care
- Report: Beyonce And Jay-Z Expecting Second Child
- Candice Glover Crowned New ‘American Idol’ As Finale Ratings Hit All-Time Low
- Carrie Underwood On Motherhood, Panic Attacks, And Being Awkward
- Taylor Swift Loves Icona Pop And Tegan & Sara, Gets Stressed Out By House Music
- When Moms Throw Away Our Memorabilia
- Man Exacts Brand Revenge By Giving Abercrombie & Fitch Clothing To The Homeless
- Politician Accidentally “Likes” Facebook Prank Pic