Taylor Swift Gets Invited To Prom By Fan/Cancer Patient
Taylor Swift didn’t attend her own junior prom, but now she has the opportunity to make one fan’s prom dream come true.
New Jersey teen Kevin McGuire is currently receiving treatment for leukemia and is hoping the country songstress will be his date on June 1.
“When you get diagnosed with cancer twice, you learn that hope is amazing. And you can do anything as long as you hope for it,” he said.
When McGuire told his sister Tori about his worries that no one would want to attend prom with someone who is bald, she mentioned Swift.
“I said what if I got Taylor Swift to go to the prom with you? His eyes lit up for the first time since he was diagnosed,” Tori said.
So, Tori started a Facebook petition asking Swift to attend prom with her brother. With nearly 80,000 members on Facebook and #TeamKevin trending on Twitter, the McGuires anxiously await a response from Swift.
Celebrities have joined the Twitter cause:
Kevin said Swift is his ideal prom date, “Someone who’s confident, someone who will make me have a good time and make me not feel like a sick kid. Even in the predicament of being in cancer, having a bald head and little chipmunk cheeks, she’ll be able to make me feel like I belong at my senior prom.”
Prom also falls on Kevin’s birthday, and if Taylor Swift accepts Kevin’s request, it would no doubt be the ultimate birthday present.
Thanks to Annie Reuter
More From 103.7 Lite FM
- BREAKING: Tragic News About Cecil The Lion’s Brother Jericho
- Have You Seen These Rare Deleted Scenes From “The Shawshank Redemption”?
- It’s Tense At Today’s Funeral For Bobbi Kristina Brown
- Have You Seen This Epic Pomeranian Sneeze?
- Ashlee Simpson Welcomes Baby Girl!
- Mom Photographs Her Daughter And Dog Wearing The Same Thing Sparking Cuteness Debate
- LISTEN: Idiot Calls 911 Cause Girlfriend’s Cat Ate His Bacon
- British Swear Words We Need To Start Using Immediately
- Facts That Might Freak Out Your Friends
- What Is Mariah Carey Working on with Justin Bieber and French Montana?