Taylor Swift didn’t attend her own junior prom, but now she has the opportunity to make one fan’s prom dream come true.
New Jersey teen Kevin McGuire is currently receiving treatment for leukemia and is hoping the country songstress will be his date on June 1.
“When you get diagnosed with cancer twice, you learn that hope is amazing. And you can do anything as long as you hope for it,” he said.
When McGuire told his sister Tori about his worries that no one would want to attend prom with someone who is bald, she mentioned Swift.
“I said what if I got Taylor Swift to go to the prom with you? His eyes lit up for the first time since he was diagnosed,” Tori said.
So, Tori started a Facebook petition asking Swift to attend prom with her brother. With nearly 80,000 members on Facebook and #TeamKevin trending on Twitter, the McGuires anxiously await a response from Swift.
Celebrities have joined the Twitter cause:
Kevin said Swift is his ideal prom date, “Someone who’s confident, someone who will make me have a good time and make me not feel like a sick kid. Even in the predicament of being in cancer, having a bald head and little chipmunk cheeks, she’ll be able to make me feel like I belong at my senior prom.”
Prom also falls on Kevin’s birthday, and if Taylor Swift accepts Kevin’s request, it would no doubt be the ultimate birthday present.
Thanks to Annie Reuter
More From 103.7 Lite FM
- Here are Tonight’s Speakers at the Democratic National Convention
- Best Customer Service Ever! Mechanic travels 15,000 MILES to carry out 10-MINUTE repair!
- Jennifer Garner Is Pregnant Again!?!
- Ice Bucket Challenge Leads To ALS Breakthrough
- Mom Tries To Teach Baby To Say ‘Mama’ But The Dog Says It Instead
- Nas and Erykah Badu Get Real on ‘This Bitter Land’
- Police Report Reveals Who’s At Fault For Dallas Cowboys Bus Crash That Killed 4
- Viral Video: Fort Worth Man Surprises Friend with Kidney Donation
- Burleson Resident Claims $1 Million Powerball Prize
- Kerry Washington, Neil Patrick Harris, & Bryan Cranston Have Started A Campaign To Stop Donald Trump