Rare Snowy Owl Shows Up In Dallas
For possibly only the 6th time ever in Texas the rare Snowy Owl has been spotted in the DFW area.
Photographer Geryl Mortensen caught a picture of the bird at Lake Ray Hubbard last week. Birding websites are being flodded with reports and observer photos.
Jim Peterson is a former curator of birds at what is now the Dallas Museum of Nature and Science. He says confirmation is still being worked on but if the bird is confirmed to be the rare Snowy owl it would only be the 6th sighting of the bird in Texas history.
More from DFW CBS Local
- Big Brother 16 Cast In Studio!
- LIVE BLOG: Big Brother Invade KVIL
- Proof That Rihanna & Chris Brown Are Back Together?
- Stacy Fawcett’s Foodie Blog: Spooktackular Caramel Apples!
- 103.7 KVIL’s Not So Silent Night Giveaway
- Jenny McCarthy Spills The Beans On Her Sex Life
- Echosmith – Nothing’s Wrong
- Julie’s Review Room: ‘John Wick’
- Echosmith – Bright
- Echosmith – Cool Kids