For possibly only the 6th time ever in Texas the rare Snowy Owl has been spotted in the DFW area.
Photographer Geryl Mortensen caught a picture of the bird at Lake Ray Hubbard last week. Birding websites are being flodded with reports and observer photos.
Jim Peterson is a former curator of birds at what is now the Dallas Museum of Nature and Science. He says confirmation is still being worked on but if the bird is confirmed to be the rare Snowy owl it would only be the 6th sighting of the bird in Texas history.
More from DFW CBS Local
- Sybil Interview Anna Kurian From North Texas Food Bank
- Find Out Which Bars Will Be Open Thanksgiving
- Beyoncé to Launch New Clothing Line with Top Shop Owner Philip Green
- Adele’s Friend Squad Might Top Taylor Swift’s!
- *NSYNC Congratulate Adele on Breaking Their Sales Record
- Shoplifter Hides On Roof And Demands Donuts
- Jimmy Kimmel Debuts First Look Of New Captain American Film
- You Know What Else Starts Tomorrow? Engagement Season
- Photos Show Stunning Ginkgo Biloba Tree Shedding Bright Yellow Leaves in China
- Former Cowboys RB Joseph Randle Arrested In Kansas