Rare Snowy Owl Shows Up In Dallas
For possibly only the 6th time ever in Texas the rare Snowy Owl has been spotted in the DFW area.
Photographer Geryl Mortensen caught a picture of the bird at Lake Ray Hubbard last week. Birding websites are being flodded with reports and observer photos.
Jim Peterson is a former curator of birds at what is now the Dallas Museum of Nature and Science. He says confirmation is still being worked on but if the bird is confirmed to be the rare Snowy owl it would only be the 6th sighting of the bird in Texas history.
More from DFW CBS Local
- Ke$ha Is Feeling Better and Ready to Make Music
- Pharrell and United Nations Foundation Team Up for International Day of Happiness 2014
- Listen to Michael Jackson’s Unreleased Song, ‘Slave to the Rhythm’
- H&M Debuts Wedding Dress For Less Than $100
- Interview: Hayley Williams on the Paramore Cruise, the Fall Out Boy Tour & Why She’ll (Probably) Never Go Solo
- Will U2 Fans Have To Wait Until 2015 to Hear the Band’s New Album?
- Hollywood Hot Talk: Travolta’s Oscar Flub
- Bruce Springsteen’s ‘High Hopes’ Documentary Is Coming to HBO
- Man Claims He Shot Bigfoot
- Zazza & Julie’s Go-To Feel-Good Movies