Rare Snowy Owl Shows Up In Dallas
For possibly only the 6th time ever in Texas the rare Snowy Owl has been spotted in the DFW area.
Photographer Geryl Mortensen caught a picture of the bird at Lake Ray Hubbard last week. Birding websites are being flodded with reports and observer photos.
Jim Peterson is a former curator of birds at what is now the Dallas Museum of Nature and Science. He says confirmation is still being worked on but if the bird is confirmed to be the rare Snowy owl it would only be the 6th sighting of the bird in Texas history.
More from DFW CBS Local
- Fort Worth Police Department LGBT Recruitment Video
- 50 Shades Of Grey Trailer
- 99 Things Wrong With DFW
- These Celebrity Rags-to-Riches Stories Will Give You Hope
- Sleeping Baby Cuddling 4 Cobras Will Freak You Out
- VIDEO: Mary Lambert From Macklemores Same Love Puts Out New Music Video “Secrets”
- VIDEO: Chris Pratt French Braids Interns Hair During Interview And It’s Awesome!
- Picture Of Groom’s Seeing The Bride For The First Time Will Make You Believe In Love Again!
- Internet Quiz Guesses That Kory Is A Male, In His Late Teens
- 103.7 KVIL’s POPTOPIA Winning Weekend