Rare Snowy Owl Shows Up In Dallas
For possibly only the 6th time ever in Texas the rare Snowy Owl has been spotted in the DFW area.
Photographer Geryl Mortensen caught a picture of the bird at Lake Ray Hubbard last week. Birding websites are being flodded with reports and observer photos.
Jim Peterson is a former curator of birds at what is now the Dallas Museum of Nature and Science. He says confirmation is still being worked on but if the bird is confirmed to be the rare Snowy owl it would only be the 6th sighting of the bird in Texas history.
More from DFW CBS Local
- Taco Bell Achieves New Standard For Vegetarians
- Update: Was Tom Cruise At His Daughter’s Wedding After All?
- Galveston: Shark Bites 13-Year-Old Boy in Waist-Deep Water
- Bindi Irwin Breaks Down In Tears While Honoring Dad On DWTS
- Five Things That Boost A Woman’s Mood
- Check Out These Behind The Scenes Pictures From 11-22-1963 Filming In Dallas!
- This Popular Cereal Has Just Been Recalled!
- Kylie Jenner Shows Off Her New $300,000 Rolls Royce
- Blake Shelton Opens Up About Life After Miranda Lambert
- KVIL’s “We Can Survive Flyaway”