For possibly only the 6th time ever in Texas the rare Snowy Owl has been spotted in the DFW area.
Photographer Geryl Mortensen caught a picture of the bird at Lake Ray Hubbard last week. Birding websites are being flodded with reports and observer photos.
Jim Peterson is a former curator of birds at what is now the Dallas Museum of Nature and Science. He says confirmation is still being worked on but if the bird is confirmed to be the rare Snowy owl it would only be the 6th sighting of the bird in Texas history.
More from DFW CBS Local
- Here Are The 10 Most Successful Cities In America
- James Taylor From The Bachelorette Tells Us How He Felt About Alex Saying He Got A Pity Rose
- Jerry Jones Named The Most Important Person In The NFL
- Scientist Say You Should Be Taking A Midday Nap!
- Will Apple Block Filming at Concerts?
- 7 Things Every Pregnant Woman Has Done But Doesn’t Like To Talk About!
- Parents Caught The Exact Moment Their 5-Year-Old Got Attacked By A Peacock
- Ikea Recalls 29 Million Dressers After They Crushed Six Kids!
- Lisa Marie Presley Files For Divorce, So Who Gets Elvis’ Fortune?
- Benghazi Committee Releases Final Report And There’s A Lot For Hillary Clinton To Be Worried About