Rare Snowy Owl Shows Up In Dallas
For possibly only the 6th time ever in Texas the rare Snowy Owl has been spotted in the DFW area.
Photographer Geryl Mortensen caught a picture of the bird at Lake Ray Hubbard last week. Birding websites are being flodded with reports and observer photos.
Jim Peterson is a former curator of birds at what is now the Dallas Museum of Nature and Science. He says confirmation is still being worked on but if the bird is confirmed to be the rare Snowy owl it would only be the 6th sighting of the bird in Texas history.
More from DFW CBS Local
- KORY: Anti-Gay Bill Signed Into Law By Indiana Governor – What Is Happening To Us?
- Remember The Sitcom ‘Coach?’ It’s Coming Back!
- A Beyonce/Taylor Swift Duet In The Works!?
- UPDATE: Cissy Houston On Bobbi Kristina’s Condition/Rehab
- ISIS Releases “Kill List” For Cities, And One Of Ours Made The List
- Amazon Delivering To Select Dallas Cities In Less Than An Hour
- Britney Spears Was Forced To Enter Rehab
- BREAKING: Explosion In New York City Building Causes It To Collapse!
- Ed Sheeran Surprises Deserving Couple And Plays Wedding Singer For Them
- The Best Patios In Dallas To Have A Drink