For possibly only the 6th time ever in Texas the rare Snowy Owl has been spotted in the DFW area.
Photographer Geryl Mortensen caught a picture of the bird at Lake Ray Hubbard last week. Birding websites are being flodded with reports and observer photos.
Jim Peterson is a former curator of birds at what is now the Dallas Museum of Nature and Science. He says confirmation is still being worked on but if the bird is confirmed to be the rare Snowy owl it would only be the 6th sighting of the bird in Texas history.
More from DFW CBS Local
- Local Teen’s Lemonade Stand For “Back The Blue” Vandalized In Denton
- Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram After Crying On Stage
- Watch a Group of 80 Year Olds ‘Shake It Off’ to Taylor Swift
- Rihanna to Play Pivotal Role in ‘Bates Motel’
- You Have To Listen To These Kimye and Taylor Swift Feud Songs!
- Drunk Police Officer Pulls His Gun On Jack In The Box Drive-Thru Employee And It Was Caught On Video!
- Selena Gomez Shares Emotional Message after Difficult Show
- Taking a Hot Bath Shows Similar Benefits to Exercise
- Michael Jordan Speaks Out On Shootings Of African Americans And Targeting Of Police
- Ariana Grande Has Been Banned From The White House Over Donut-Licking Scandal