For possibly only the 6th time ever in Texas the rare Snowy Owl has been spotted in the DFW area.
Photographer Geryl Mortensen caught a picture of the bird at Lake Ray Hubbard last week. Birding websites are being flodded with reports and observer photos.
Jim Peterson is a former curator of birds at what is now the Dallas Museum of Nature and Science. He says confirmation is still being worked on but if the bird is confirmed to be the rare Snowy owl it would only be the 6th sighting of the bird in Texas history.
More from DFW CBS Local
- Watch These Poor Guys Get Bikini Waxes! This Is Hilarious!
- MASSIVE Alligator Just Casually Strolls Across Golf Course!
- Internet Conspiracy Says Eminem Died A Few Years Ago From A Drug Overdose
- This Baker Was Allowed To Pay His Child Support In Pizza!
- Selena Gomez Gets Fresh in ‘The Fundamentals of Caring’ Trailer
- Men Are Transplanting Hair To Their Face
- You Need To Stop Throwing Away These 5 Items And Start Selling Them
- The Bachelorette’s Chad Johnson On His Fellow Contestants, “It Is Kind Of Hard To Determine Who Is There for The Right Reasons”
- This Woman Was Stopped From Boarding An Airplane Because Her Shorts Were considered ‘Inappropriate’
- The ‘Full House’ Family Home Is Up For Sale