Rare Snowy Owl Shows Up In Dallas
For possibly only the 6th time ever in Texas the rare Snowy Owl has been spotted in the DFW area.
Photographer Geryl Mortensen caught a picture of the bird at Lake Ray Hubbard last week. Birding websites are being flodded with reports and observer photos.
Jim Peterson is a former curator of birds at what is now the Dallas Museum of Nature and Science. He says confirmation is still being worked on but if the bird is confirmed to be the rare Snowy owl it would only be the 6th sighting of the bird in Texas history.
More from DFW CBS Local
- KVIL’s Not So Silent Night Winning Weekend
- Six Flags Fright Fest Friday
- Big Brother Guys Are Poised For KVIL Takeover
- City Lights 2014
- Football Foodies: Beef Sliders With Pickled Peppers
- New App Makes Math Homework Obsolete
- Kim Kardashian Says North Will Work Like She Had To
- Zazza Zoo: Get Yourself A Brand New Van
- Thief Makes Off With 44,000 Pounds Of Miller High Life!
- The Most Unusual Costumes For Your Dog