Rare Snowy Owl Shows Up In Dallas
For possibly only the 6th time ever in Texas the rare Snowy Owl has been spotted in the DFW area.
Photographer Geryl Mortensen caught a picture of the bird at Lake Ray Hubbard last week. Birding websites are being flodded with reports and observer photos.
Jim Peterson is a former curator of birds at what is now the Dallas Museum of Nature and Science. He says confirmation is still being worked on but if the bird is confirmed to be the rare Snowy owl it would only be the 6th sighting of the bird in Texas history.
More from DFW CBS Local
- Madonna Wants Smokin’ Hot Young Male Model – Just Might Get Him.
- 20 Things Our Parents Did That Would Be Considered HORRIBLE Now!
- Man’s Penis Cracks After He Injects It With…
- John Stamos Calls Out Olsen Twins for Saying They Weren’t Told About ‘Fuller House’ Reboot
- Hootie and the Blowfish to Reunite on ‘Late Show with David Letterman’
- Watch Sesame Street’s ‘Avengers’ Parody
- The Newest Selfie Craze Is The Tuck, But You Have To See What They Call It
- Over 30 Students Hurt In Crowley Bus Crash
- Chipotle Isn’t Serving This Anymore
- Sandra Bullock WAS NOT The First Choice For Most Beautiful In People Magazine