Teen Mom Star Amber Portwood Evicted For Scamming The Government
Teen Momstar, Amber Portwood, was evicted from her Indiana home last month for scamming the government and hustling taxpayer money.
And Amber’s legal troubles continue.
TMZ is reporting that, according to the lease agreement, the house Amber was renting in Anderson, Indiana was being subsidized by Indiana’s “Low Income Rental Housing Tax Credit Program.”
The problem? For Amber to be eligible for the program she had to claim that she made only $10,000 a year. Amber’s actual income in 2010 was $280,000. More than enough for her to be able to afford the house on her own.
The state caught wind of the lie and evicted her. Not that it really matters since Amber has been living in a state correctional facility since December of last year. She is currently awaiting final approval to enter a court-appointed drug rehab program.
- Ke$ha Is Feeling Better and Ready to Make Music
- Pharrell and United Nations Foundation Team Up for International Day of Happiness 2014
- Listen to Michael Jackson’s Unreleased Song, ‘Slave to the Rhythm’
- H&M Debuts Wedding Dress For Less Than $100
- Interview: Hayley Williams on the Paramore Cruise, the Fall Out Boy Tour & Why She’ll (Probably) Never Go Solo
- Will U2 Fans Have To Wait Until 2015 to Hear the Band’s New Album?
- Hollywood Hot Talk: Travolta’s Oscar Flub
- Bruce Springsteen’s ‘High Hopes’ Documentary Is Coming to HBO
- Man Claims He Shot Bigfoot
- Zazza & Julie’s Go-To Feel-Good Movies