Does Your Lipstick Have Lead In It?
Between February and July 2011, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration tested 400 popular lipsticks and found trace amounts of the toxin in every single one. Time magazine reports that the average lead concentration in the lipsticks was 1.11 parts per million. Here are the top ten lipsticks with the most lead:
- Maybelline’s Color Sensational 125 Pink Petal: 7.19 parts per million
- L’Oreal’s Colour Riche 410 Volcanic: 7.00 parts per million
- NARS’s Semi-Matte 1005 Red Lizard: 4.93 parts per million
- Cover Girl Queen Collection’s Vibrant Hues Color Q580 Ruby Remix: 4.92 parts per million
- NARS’s Semi-Matte 1009 Funny Face: 4.89 parts per million
- L’Oreal’s Colour Riche 165 Tickled Pink: 4.45 parts per million
- L’Oreal’s Intensely Moisturizing Lipcolor 748 Heroic: 4.41 parts per million
- Cover Girl’s Continuous Color 025 Warm Brick: 4.28 parts per million
- Maybelline’s Color Sensational 475 Mauve Me: 4.23 parts per million
- Stargazer’s Lipstick 103c: 4.12 parts per million
More From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- These Celebrity Grooming Habits Are Really Weird
- Here Are 16 Amazing Tricks To Keep Your Child From Freaking Out While You Shop
- VIDEO: George Ezra Performs On SNL
- Rumor: Destiny’s Child Reunion This Weekend?
- No, Seriously… She’s Not Going To Hollaback
- The World’s Most Famous Llamas: No Longer Legal?
- Many Directions: Easing The Pain Of Zayn Malik’s Departure
- Win Last Chance Ariana Grande Tickets
- Officer Responds To Pit Bull On The Loose, And They Become Best Friends!
- The Walking Dead Spinoff Title Revealed & Norman Reedus Breastfeeding Photo