Does Your Lipstick Have Lead In It?
Between February and July 2011, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration tested 400 popular lipsticks and found trace amounts of the toxin in every single one. Time magazine reports that the average lead concentration in the lipsticks was 1.11 parts per million. Here are the top ten lipsticks with the most lead:
- Maybelline’s Color Sensational 125 Pink Petal: 7.19 parts per million
- L’Oreal’s Colour Riche 410 Volcanic: 7.00 parts per million
- NARS’s Semi-Matte 1005 Red Lizard: 4.93 parts per million
- Cover Girl Queen Collection’s Vibrant Hues Color Q580 Ruby Remix: 4.92 parts per million
- NARS’s Semi-Matte 1009 Funny Face: 4.89 parts per million
- L’Oreal’s Colour Riche 165 Tickled Pink: 4.45 parts per million
- L’Oreal’s Intensely Moisturizing Lipcolor 748 Heroic: 4.41 parts per million
- Cover Girl’s Continuous Color 025 Warm Brick: 4.28 parts per million
- Maybelline’s Color Sensational 475 Mauve Me: 4.23 parts per million
- Stargazer’s Lipstick 103c: 4.12 parts per million
More From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- Noah DVD Giveaway
- One Direction Concert Tickets Giveaway
- Vine Of The Day: 07.26.14
- Looking For Something Fun For The Whole Family This Weekend? Did I Mention All Of These Are Free!
- Text Wedding Invite To The Wrong Person And They Still Show Up? #WeStillComing
- VIDEO: Season 4 Game Of Thrones Bloopers
- VIDEO: Morgan Freeman & Jimmy Fallon On Helium Is EVERYTHING!
- JUST RELEASED VIDEO: “Walking Dead” Season 5 Trailer
- Foodie Blog: Shrimp Ceviche!
- Amy Winehouse the Subject of New Comic Book