Between February and July 2011, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration tested 400 popular lipsticks and found trace amounts of the toxin in every single one. Time magazine reports that the average lead concentration in the lipsticks was 1.11 parts per million. Here are the top ten lipsticks with the most lead:
- Maybelline’s Color Sensational 125 Pink Petal: 7.19 parts per million
- L’Oreal’s Colour Riche 410 Volcanic: 7.00 parts per million
- NARS’s Semi-Matte 1005 Red Lizard: 4.93 parts per million
- Cover Girl Queen Collection’s Vibrant Hues Color Q580 Ruby Remix: 4.92 parts per million
- NARS’s Semi-Matte 1009 Funny Face: 4.89 parts per million
- L’Oreal’s Colour Riche 165 Tickled Pink: 4.45 parts per million
- L’Oreal’s Intensely Moisturizing Lipcolor 748 Heroic: 4.41 parts per million
- Cover Girl’s Continuous Color 025 Warm Brick: 4.28 parts per million
- Maybelline’s Color Sensational 475 Mauve Me: 4.23 parts per million
- Stargazer’s Lipstick 103c: 4.12 parts per million
More From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- Justin Timberlake’s 20/20 Tour Rocks Dallas!
- Millions Of Facebook & Gmail Passwords Stolen In Massive Hack!
- DJ Earworm Releases “United State of Pop 2013″
- GRAMMY Hall of Fame Inducts 27 New Recordings from Dolly Parton, The Rolling Stones, U2 and More
- Cinnabon To Launch Vodka This January
- The 20 Best Websites For Unique Holiday Gifts
- Watch Mary J. Blige Reveal Her ‘Favorite Things’ In New Video
- Whad Did Zazza And Julie Leave In The Studio?
- One Direction Makes Chart History with ‘Midnight Memories’
- R. Kelly’s ‘Trapped in the Closet’ to Return with New Chapters in 2014