Does Your Lipstick Have Lead In It?
Between February and July 2011, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration tested 400 popular lipsticks and found trace amounts of the toxin in every single one. Time magazine reports that the average lead concentration in the lipsticks was 1.11 parts per million. Here are the top ten lipsticks with the most lead:
- Maybelline’s Color Sensational 125 Pink Petal: 7.19 parts per million
- L’Oreal’s Colour Riche 410 Volcanic: 7.00 parts per million
- NARS’s Semi-Matte 1005 Red Lizard: 4.93 parts per million
- Cover Girl Queen Collection’s Vibrant Hues Color Q580 Ruby Remix: 4.92 parts per million
- NARS’s Semi-Matte 1009 Funny Face: 4.89 parts per million
- L’Oreal’s Colour Riche 165 Tickled Pink: 4.45 parts per million
- L’Oreal’s Intensely Moisturizing Lipcolor 748 Heroic: 4.41 parts per million
- Cover Girl’s Continuous Color 025 Warm Brick: 4.28 parts per million
- Maybelline’s Color Sensational 475 Mauve Me: 4.23 parts per million
- Stargazer’s Lipstick 103c: 4.12 parts per million
More From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- Another Reason You Should Love Justin Timberlake! Sings Happy Birthday To 8 Year Old Boy With Autism At Concert
- Angelina Jolie’s Wedding Dress
- Julie’s Review Room: ‘The November Man’
- Duran Duran Headlining Unveiling of the New Mazda Miata
- Shakira Is Preggers Again!
- ‘CMT Crossroads’ Snags John Legend, Lee Ann Womack for Next Episode
- Lady Gaga Joins Queen and Adam Lambert for “Another One Bites the Dust” Live: Watch
- Julie Loves This ‘Friends’ Reunion!
- Win Tickets To See Phillip Phillips & MAGIC! Live
- What’s Hot: The Warbirds On Paradise Aviation History Event