Does Your Lipstick Have Lead In It?
Between February and July 2011, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration tested 400 popular lipsticks and found trace amounts of the toxin in every single one. Time magazine reports that the average lead concentration in the lipsticks was 1.11 parts per million. Here are the top ten lipsticks with the most lead:
- Maybelline’s Color Sensational 125 Pink Petal: 7.19 parts per million
- L’Oreal’s Colour Riche 410 Volcanic: 7.00 parts per million
- NARS’s Semi-Matte 1005 Red Lizard: 4.93 parts per million
- Cover Girl Queen Collection’s Vibrant Hues Color Q580 Ruby Remix: 4.92 parts per million
- NARS’s Semi-Matte 1009 Funny Face: 4.89 parts per million
- L’Oreal’s Colour Riche 165 Tickled Pink: 4.45 parts per million
- L’Oreal’s Intensely Moisturizing Lipcolor 748 Heroic: 4.41 parts per million
- Cover Girl’s Continuous Color 025 Warm Brick: 4.28 parts per million
- Maybelline’s Color Sensational 475 Mauve Me: 4.23 parts per million
- Stargazer’s Lipstick 103c: 4.12 parts per million
More From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- VIDEO: Did Jay-Z Announce That He & Beyonce Are Expecting Baby #2?
- Fallon Finds His Forte In Twitter Fued
- Weekend Rewind: There’s Hope For Earth, DC Universe Expands, ‘Fugitive’ Can’t Run From Danger & More
- Breaking: ‘The Hills’ Star Lauren Conrad Is Married!
- #SATWordOfTheWeek: ‘White Collar’ Terminus Looms
- Allow Me To Introduce Myself…
- This Older Man’s Cover Of Say Something On A Street Piano Will Give You Chills
- Frat Boys Lip Syncing Taylor Swift Is Everything You Thought It Would Be
- iPhone 6 Plus…And A Pop Tart?
- Jennifer Lawrence & Bradley Cooper Team-Up Again In “Serena”