Does Your Lipstick Have Lead In It?
Between February and July 2011, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration tested 400 popular lipsticks and found trace amounts of the toxin in every single one. Time magazine reports that the average lead concentration in the lipsticks was 1.11 parts per million. Here are the top ten lipsticks with the most lead:
- Maybelline’s Color Sensational 125 Pink Petal: 7.19 parts per million
- L’Oreal’s Colour Riche 410 Volcanic: 7.00 parts per million
- NARS’s Semi-Matte 1005 Red Lizard: 4.93 parts per million
- Cover Girl Queen Collection’s Vibrant Hues Color Q580 Ruby Remix: 4.92 parts per million
- NARS’s Semi-Matte 1009 Funny Face: 4.89 parts per million
- L’Oreal’s Colour Riche 165 Tickled Pink: 4.45 parts per million
- L’Oreal’s Intensely Moisturizing Lipcolor 748 Heroic: 4.41 parts per million
- Cover Girl’s Continuous Color 025 Warm Brick: 4.28 parts per million
- Maybelline’s Color Sensational 475 Mauve Me: 4.23 parts per million
- Stargazer’s Lipstick 103c: 4.12 parts per million
More From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- Ingrid Michaelson Parts Ways With Husband
- One Night Out With Katy Tiz
- Foodie Blog: One Pot Pasta
- Kid Rock SLAMS Beyonce in Rolling Stone!
- Apparently You Will Be Able To Charge Your Phone Soon By Pleasuring Yourself
- Man Wakes Up At Bus Stop To Find Out His Testicles Had Been Stolen
- People on Twitter Really Don’t Want to Hear House of Cards Spoilers
- BREAKING: Kelly Osbourne Quits Fashion Police
- Hot Chocolate To Sip & Hot Chocolate Cookies To Eat :)
- Have You Seen The Cotton Candy Oreo’s Yet??