Does Your Lipstick Have Lead In It?
Between February and July 2011, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration tested 400 popular lipsticks and found trace amounts of the toxin in every single one. Time magazine reports that the average lead concentration in the lipsticks was 1.11 parts per million. Here are the top ten lipsticks with the most lead:
- Maybelline’s Color Sensational 125 Pink Petal: 7.19 parts per million
- L’Oreal’s Colour Riche 410 Volcanic: 7.00 parts per million
- NARS’s Semi-Matte 1005 Red Lizard: 4.93 parts per million
- Cover Girl Queen Collection’s Vibrant Hues Color Q580 Ruby Remix: 4.92 parts per million
- NARS’s Semi-Matte 1009 Funny Face: 4.89 parts per million
- L’Oreal’s Colour Riche 165 Tickled Pink: 4.45 parts per million
- L’Oreal’s Intensely Moisturizing Lipcolor 748 Heroic: 4.41 parts per million
- Cover Girl’s Continuous Color 025 Warm Brick: 4.28 parts per million
- Maybelline’s Color Sensational 475 Mauve Me: 4.23 parts per million
- Stargazer’s Lipstick 103c: 4.12 parts per million
More From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- You Will Never Believe Who The Next Mentors On “The Voice” Are Going To Be
- Homophobe Tries To Beat Up Gay Couple, Gay Couple End Up Beating Him Up!
- Beyoncé Just Dropped Over $300K On These Shoes
- Man Tries To Convince Cop His Pot Is Kale Salad
- Where Are They Now? You Have To See What The Cast Of “Saved By The Bell” Is Doing
- “Digital Kidnapping” Is A Real Thing And Can Happen If You Post Pictures Of Your Kids
- Texas Drunk Driving Campaign Begins Today!
- Finally, A Real Hangover Cure
- Lenny Kravitz Pants Ripped And He Showed The World His Junk!
- Dallas ‘Fixin’ The Mix’ With The Horseshoe Coming To I-30/I-35 Interchange