Does Your Lipstick Have Lead In It?
Between February and July 2011, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration tested 400 popular lipsticks and found trace amounts of the toxin in every single one. Time magazine reports that the average lead concentration in the lipsticks was 1.11 parts per million. Here are the top ten lipsticks with the most lead:
- Maybelline’s Color Sensational 125 Pink Petal: 7.19 parts per million
- L’Oreal’s Colour Riche 410 Volcanic: 7.00 parts per million
- NARS’s Semi-Matte 1005 Red Lizard: 4.93 parts per million
- Cover Girl Queen Collection’s Vibrant Hues Color Q580 Ruby Remix: 4.92 parts per million
- NARS’s Semi-Matte 1009 Funny Face: 4.89 parts per million
- L’Oreal’s Colour Riche 165 Tickled Pink: 4.45 parts per million
- L’Oreal’s Intensely Moisturizing Lipcolor 748 Heroic: 4.41 parts per million
- Cover Girl’s Continuous Color 025 Warm Brick: 4.28 parts per million
- Maybelline’s Color Sensational 475 Mauve Me: 4.23 parts per million
- Stargazer’s Lipstick 103c: 4.12 parts per million
More From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- Katy Perry Win IT Wednesday In The #ReflectionSection
- Leigh Ann And Courtney’s Hawaiian Adventure
- Julie’s Review Room: ‘When The Game Stands Tall’
- Steven Tyler Contributes Vocals to ‘Sin City’ Soundtrack: Hear ‘Skin City’
- Nico & Vinz Announce U.S. Debut Album ‘Black Star Elephant’
- Steve Kemble’s Dose Of Sass!
- Zazza Mornings Takes Ice Bucket Challenge Live On The Broadcast
- Motorcyclist Pulls Ninja Move To Save Life
- What’s Hot: Muscle Maker Grill Dallas
- Will Ice Bucket Challenge Lead to Jon Bon Jovi/Richie Sambora Reunion?