Does Your Lipstick Have Lead In It?
Between February and July 2011, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration tested 400 popular lipsticks and found trace amounts of the toxin in every single one. Time magazine reports that the average lead concentration in the lipsticks was 1.11 parts per million. Here are the top ten lipsticks with the most lead:
- Maybelline’s Color Sensational 125 Pink Petal: 7.19 parts per million
- L’Oreal’s Colour Riche 410 Volcanic: 7.00 parts per million
- NARS’s Semi-Matte 1005 Red Lizard: 4.93 parts per million
- Cover Girl Queen Collection’s Vibrant Hues Color Q580 Ruby Remix: 4.92 parts per million
- NARS’s Semi-Matte 1009 Funny Face: 4.89 parts per million
- L’Oreal’s Colour Riche 165 Tickled Pink: 4.45 parts per million
- L’Oreal’s Intensely Moisturizing Lipcolor 748 Heroic: 4.41 parts per million
- Cover Girl’s Continuous Color 025 Warm Brick: 4.28 parts per million
- Maybelline’s Color Sensational 475 Mauve Me: 4.23 parts per million
- Stargazer’s Lipstick 103c: 4.12 parts per million
More From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- Bruce Jenner: The Interview
- PIC: Bruce Jenner Bravely Shows His Favorite Dress To Diane Sawyer
- PHOTO: The Full Look – Jared Leto As The Joker In ‘Suicide Squad.’
- VIDEO: Kory Chats with Andrew McMahon
- We Talked To Scheana Marie From “Vanderpump Rules” Today, So Much Fun!
- BREAKING: Josh Hamilton Could Be Coming Back To The Texas Rangers
- 10 Horrific “Greys Anatomy” Exits, Ranked By How Much They Traumatized You!
- We Spoke With Michiel Huisman Today! Love This Guy!
- Funeral Strippers Are A Real Thing In China
- Lance Bass on One Direction: ‘I Just See Harry Leaving Soon’