On the heels of receiving two Grammy Awards – Best Country Song and Best Country Solo Performance, [mp3com-artist]Taylor Swift[/mp3com-artist] releases the music video for “Safe & Sound” featuring the Grammy winning duo [mp3com-artist]The Civil Wars[/mp3com-artist]. “Safe & Sound” will be featured in the upcoming film, The Hunger Games.
[pullquote quote=”I’m so excited about this. This is probably my favorite video I’ve ever gotten to do, my absolute favorite.” credit=”Taylor Swift to MTV News’ Sway Calloway”]A very melancholy, eerie music video filmed in Watertown, Tennessee, may just prove to be Taylor’s best yet. Part of this video was filmed ON a tombstone from the 1800’s. Here’s what Taylor had to say about that: “There’s this wide shot where I’m just kind of crumpled up sitting on a gravestone, like a tomb, and it’s actually the gravesite of a couple who lived and died in 1853. I was just freaked out, and I’m such a history freak. I’m sitting there thinking, ‘What were their lives like?’ And now here we are, hundreds of years later, filming a music video on their grave. . .” Read the complete interview with MTV, here.
[metrolyrics artist=”Taylor Swift ” song=”Safe & Sound”]
Taylor Swift and The Civil Wars released “Safe & Sound” to iTunes this past December. The Hunger Games soundtrack will be released on March 20th and the film will open on March 23rd.
See the Trailer below:
- Kirk Cameron Is Catching Flak For His Recent Comments On Marriage
- Texas Issues A Syphilis Alert For Lubbock County After Cases Triple
- Allison Janney Returns To Her “West Wing” Roots With A Surprise Trip To The White House
- 4 Million Prince Albums Have Been Sold Since His Death
- 15 Types of Girls Twentysomething Guys Are Sick of Dating
- 10 Of The Best Businesses To Come From Shark Tank
- Insurance Company Asked This Mom For Pictures Of The Accident And She Sent Selfies!
- Dog Missing for 10 Years To Be Reunited With Owner
- WHAT?! McDonald’s To Change McNugget Formula
- ‘American Idol’/’So You Think You Can Dance’ Parent Company BANKRUPT!