UPDATED: Whitney Houston Dead At 48
The Associated Press is reporting that Pop star Whitney Houston is dead at the age of 48.
Houston, who was a pop icon and one of the biggest stars in the world of music and movies until drugs forced a dark cloud on her reputation, was confirmed dead by her publicist. The location and cause of death have not yet been released.[photogallerylink id=72882 align=right]
The singer who influenced such pop diva’s as Mariah Carey and Christina Aguilera was considered one of the best voices of her generation. Her skills transcended music as she starred in the hit movie ‘The Bodyguard’ with Kevin Costner.
Whitney Houston was 48 years old.
‘Fast’ Freddy of Mix 104.1(WBMX-FM)/Boston is in LA for the GRAMMYs and has this update:
“At 3:23 Whitney was found unresponsive in her room & 911 was called. They arrived in 2 minutes. Attempted to revive her. Whitney was pronounced dead at 3:55pm today on the 4th floor or The Beverly Hilton Hotel. LAPD said no foul play or drugs found in her room. She was at the hotel for Clive Davis’ Annual Grammy Party tonight. At this point I am hearing the party will NOT be cancelled. It is still happening.”
More From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- This Is Adorable, This 3 Year Olds Death Grip Is Amazing! So Glad She Wasn’t Hurt!
- Ed Sheeran’s New Girl Friend, They Are Adorable
- 5 Seconds of Summer: Rock Out With Your Socks Out Tour
- Cell Phone Safety’s #1 Rule You’re Breaking
- Bieber Responds To Orlando Bloom Fight, Then Deletes It.
- Laugh Out Loud! Oxford Boys Sing Shakira’s “Hips Don’t Lie”
- Get a Sneak Peek at Britney Spears’ New Lingerie Line
- Justin Bieber Gets Into Fight With Legolas In Ibiza
- Leigh Ann: Video Celebrity Dopplegangers
- This Deer and Great Dane Are BFFs