The Associated Press is reporting that Pop star Whitney Houston is dead at the age of 48.
Houston, who was a pop icon and one of the biggest stars in the world of music and movies until drugs forced a dark cloud on her reputation, was confirmed dead by her publicist. The location and cause of death have not yet been released.[photogallerylink id=72882 align=right]
The singer who influenced such pop diva’s as Mariah Carey and Christina Aguilera was considered one of the best voices of her generation. Her skills transcended music as she starred in the hit movie ‘The Bodyguard’ with Kevin Costner.
Whitney Houston was 48 years old.
‘Fast’ Freddy of Mix 104.1(WBMX-FM)/Boston is in LA for the GRAMMYs and has this update:
“At 3:23 Whitney was found unresponsive in her room & 911 was called. They arrived in 2 minutes. Attempted to revive her. Whitney was pronounced dead at 3:55pm today on the 4th floor or The Beverly Hilton Hotel. LAPD said no foul play or drugs found in her room. She was at the hotel for Clive Davis’ Annual Grammy Party tonight. At this point I am hearing the party will NOT be cancelled. It is still happening.”
More From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- Man Sues Company for Being Bored to Death at Work
- The Cost Breakdown of Attending a Wedding
- Met Gala 2016 Fashion Goes High Tech On The Red Carpet: See The Chic Pics
- AUDIO: Dose Of Sass With Steve Kemble For May 3rd, 2016
- Tupac’s Mom Afeni Shakur Dead At 69
- 50 Cent Posts A Video Mocking A Janitor With A Social Disorder
- Texas Alpaca Farm Honors Prince With New Baby Alpaca
- 2016 Met Gala: Behind the Scenes with Music Royalty
- Baby Bumps Galore At Met Gala Last Night
- Tony Romo Took Over The DJ Booth At The WHCD! What Songs Did He Have People Dancing To?