Michelle Obama Helps Judge Healthy Cooking Competition At DISD School
The first lady made an appearance in North Texas Friday Morning to help promote her healthier foods in school and more exercise campaign, ‘Let’s Move’.
Michelle Obama stopped at the East Dallas recreation center for a short visit with the Dallas Cowboys and some chefs from ‘Top Chef’.
The chefs got in three groups and were challenged to make healthy and good-tasting meals. Obama declared them all winners.
The first lady spoke at the podium, thanking the DISD for setting a national example with their food and nutrition. DISD has more schools recognized by the USDA than any other district in the country for making healthy changes to it’s menu.
Obama left Dallas shortly after her stop to head to Florida.
More From the New 103.7 Lite FM
- One Direction Working with Good Charlotte, Kodaline on Upcoming Album
- Lana Del Rey Announces 2014 North American Tour
- Study Shows Women Are Ruder Drivers
- What We Learned From Music
- 100 Things You Should Eat In Dallas
- Bribing Your Kids In Life
- Men Who Are More High-Maintenance Than Women
- 5 Things That Parents Should Stop Saying To Non-Parents
- She Mail: Dude Drinks Like A Lady
- Top 10 Secret Fast Food Menu Items