Matt Lauer Trying To Score Huge Payday
Matt Lauer has said that he is leaving “Today” in December of this year, when his contract expires.
However, recently he has softened his stance if NBC is willing to back the Brinks truck up to his house.
TMZ is reporting that Lauer, who is currently making $17 million a year, is seeking a record breaking $30 million a year.
Yeah that would be enough money from leaving my job too.
TMZ gives a few theories going around NBC to why there was a change of heart from Lauer.
Some say that he changed his mind because he was jealous that the network had shown real interest in replacing him with Ryan Seacrest.
Another theory is that Lauer wanted to re-sign all along, and was just using the “I’m leaving” card to try and squeeze more money out of NBC.
$30 million may seem like quite a lot of money to you and me, but when you look at the fact that “Today” brings in about $450 million to the network, more than any other show, it seems like just a drop in the bucket.
- Taylor Swift Patents Lyrics, Including ‘This Sick Beat’
- Would Chris Pratt Make a Good Indiana Jones?
- Girl Makes Her Own Mascara Out Of Oreo’s
- Jennifer Aniston Reveals Disorder
- People Actually Called 911 When Facebook Went Down
- Women Keeps Her Promise And Marries Herself On Her 40th Birthday
- Bruno Mars Responds To Dallas High School Video To “Uptown Funk”
- Kenny G: I’m Partially Responsible for Starbucks’ Frappuccino, You’re Welcome
- Win Tickets To RuPaul’s Drag Race: Battle Of The Seasons 2015
- 5,4,3,2,1 New Kids Friday