Russell Brand and [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Katy Perry [/lastfm]didn’t sign a prenup before their wedding, so Russell is entitled to about $20 million of Katy’s money.
Except he doesn’t want it.
TMZ is reporting that Brand’s lawyer filed the final divorce papers on Tuesday, although the divorce won’t be official until June 30th, due to a 6 month waiting period required by law.
Since the couple did not have a prenuptial agreement, California law states that the couple is granted 50% of everything they earned over their 14-month marriage.
According to TMZ, Katy made roughly $44 million between May 2010 and May 2011, and the couple married in October of 2010. Therefore Russell could have made a small fortune if he wanted.
Except he’s not interested. Sources have said to TMZ, “This divorce is as amicable as it gets, and Russell was a mensch.”
Brand was happy to waive his community property rights, and walk away from the marriage with what he earned. Sounds like he is a pretty nice guy.
- Get To Know The Cast Of The Real Housewives of Dallas
- Real Housewives Of Dallas Cast Announced! Watch The Trailer Here!
- Ryan Reynolds Says He Wants Nine Daughters!
- Watch Katie Holmes Show Off Her Best Beyonce Dance Moves
- Gwen Stefani Will Be Back On The Voice As Blake Shelton’s Advisor
- Looks Like Katy Perry And Orlando Bloom Are Really Heating Up
- Here’s What Will Smith Has To Say About His Son Cross Dressing
- Baby Confused By Dad’s Twin Is The Most Adorable Thing You Will See All Day!
- Wedding Picture Outside Of KFC Is Actually Adorable!
- Drinking Coffee Could Be Making Your Breast Smaller!