Russell Brand Doesn’t Want Katy Perry’s Money
Russell Brand and [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Katy Perry [/lastfm]didn’t sign a prenup before their wedding, so Russell is entitled to about $20 million of Katy’s money.
Except he doesn’t want it.
TMZ is reporting that Brand’s lawyer filed the final divorce papers on Tuesday, although the divorce won’t be official until June 30th, due to a 6 month waiting period required by law.
Since the couple did not have a prenuptial agreement, California law states that the couple is granted 50% of everything they earned over their 14-month marriage.
According to TMZ, Katy made roughly $44 million between May 2010 and May 2011, and the couple married in October of 2010. Therefore Russell could have made a small fortune if he wanted.
Except he’s not interested. Sources have said to TMZ, “This divorce is as amicable as it gets, and Russell was a mensch.”
Brand was happy to waive his community property rights, and walk away from the marriage with what he earned. Sounds like he is a pretty nice guy.
- Single Again: 3 Doors Down – ‘Kryptonite’
- Check Out Tony’s Painting At The Art From The Heart Event Friday
- Leigh Ann: 2-Year-Old Hockey Fan’s Reaction Is Priceless
- Leigh Ann: Things That Actually Work, According To Pinterest
- FDA Proposes Regulations On E-Cigarettes
- Seniors 65+ Are Going To Get Tattoos
- People’s Most Beautiful Person Lupita Nyong’o And How To Say Her Name
- She Mail: Woman Concerned Masseuse Is Crossing A Line
- Zazza Zoo: Beautiful Black Lab Brady
- Celebrity Romance: This Week’s Marriages And Divorces