Russell Brand Doesn’t Want Katy Perry’s Money
Russell Brand and [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Katy Perry [/lastfm]didn’t sign a prenup before their wedding, so Russell is entitled to about $20 million of Katy’s money.
Except he doesn’t want it.
TMZ is reporting that Brand’s lawyer filed the final divorce papers on Tuesday, although the divorce won’t be official until June 30th, due to a 6 month waiting period required by law.
Since the couple did not have a prenuptial agreement, California law states that the couple is granted 50% of everything they earned over their 14-month marriage.
According to TMZ, Katy made roughly $44 million between May 2010 and May 2011, and the couple married in October of 2010. Therefore Russell could have made a small fortune if he wanted.
Except he’s not interested. Sources have said to TMZ, “This divorce is as amicable as it gets, and Russell was a mensch.”
Brand was happy to waive his community property rights, and walk away from the marriage with what he earned. Sounds like he is a pretty nice guy.
- Ke$ha Is Feeling Better and Ready to Make Music
- Pharrell and United Nations Foundation Team Up for International Day of Happiness 2014
- Listen to Michael Jackson’s Unreleased Song, ‘Slave to the Rhythm’
- H&M Debuts Wedding Dress For Less Than $100
- Interview: Hayley Williams on the Paramore Cruise, the Fall Out Boy Tour & Why She’ll (Probably) Never Go Solo
- Will U2 Fans Have To Wait Until 2015 to Hear the Band’s New Album?
- Hollywood Hot Talk: Travolta’s Oscar Flub
- Bruce Springsteen’s ‘High Hopes’ Documentary Is Coming to HBO
- Man Claims He Shot Bigfoot
- Zazza & Julie’s Go-To Feel-Good Movies