Russell Brand Doesn’t Want Katy Perry’s Money
Russell Brand and [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Katy Perry [/lastfm]didn’t sign a prenup before their wedding, so Russell is entitled to about $20 million of Katy’s money.
Except he doesn’t want it.
TMZ is reporting that Brand’s lawyer filed the final divorce papers on Tuesday, although the divorce won’t be official until June 30th, due to a 6 month waiting period required by law.
Since the couple did not have a prenuptial agreement, California law states that the couple is granted 50% of everything they earned over their 14-month marriage.
According to TMZ, Katy made roughly $44 million between May 2010 and May 2011, and the couple married in October of 2010. Therefore Russell could have made a small fortune if he wanted.
Except he’s not interested. Sources have said to TMZ, “This divorce is as amicable as it gets, and Russell was a mensch.”
Brand was happy to waive his community property rights, and walk away from the marriage with what he earned. Sounds like he is a pretty nice guy.
- SELFIE: Kevin Bacon Is Unrecognizable!
- The Emoji We’ve All Been Waiting For Is Coming…
- Wait Till You See Princess Charlotte’s Birth Certificate
- Bizarre! What Celebrity Says HE Discovered Taylor Swift?!
- Bradley Cooper Made Out With WHO?!
- Ashton Kutcher Just Gave Him Mom The Sweetest Mothers Day Present Ever
- VIDEO: ‘Price Is Right’ Contestant In A Wheelchair Wins…A Treadmill.
- Middle-Aged Guy Catfishes Woman Into ‘Fifty Shades’ Style Sexual Encounter!
- Should You Tell Your Partner How Many Sexual Partners You’ve Had Before Them?
- Have You Seen The Worlds Largest Starbucks?