Russell Brand Doesn’t Want Katy Perry’s Money
Russell Brand and [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Katy Perry [/lastfm]didn’t sign a prenup before their wedding, so Russell is entitled to about $20 million of Katy’s money.
Except he doesn’t want it.
TMZ is reporting that Brand’s lawyer filed the final divorce papers on Tuesday, although the divorce won’t be official until June 30th, due to a 6 month waiting period required by law.
Since the couple did not have a prenuptial agreement, California law states that the couple is granted 50% of everything they earned over their 14-month marriage.
According to TMZ, Katy made roughly $44 million between May 2010 and May 2011, and the couple married in October of 2010. Therefore Russell could have made a small fortune if he wanted.
Except he’s not interested. Sources have said to TMZ, “This divorce is as amicable as it gets, and Russell was a mensch.”
Brand was happy to waive his community property rights, and walk away from the marriage with what he earned. Sounds like he is a pretty nice guy.
- Never Before Seen Pictures Of Marilyn Monroe Surface
- Who Is The Highest Paid Actor In Hollywood?
- What Long Running, Fan Favorite TV Show Has Been CANCELLED?
- Kelly Osbourne Under Fire For Latino Comment On The View
- You Will Never Believe Who The Next Mentors On “The Voice” Are Going To Be
- Homophobe Tries To Beat Up Gay Couple, Gay Couple End Up Beating Him Up!
- Beyoncé Just Dropped Over $300K On These Shoes
- Man Tries To Convince Cop His Pot Is Kale Salad
- Where Are They Now? You Have To See What The Cast Of “Saved By The Bell” Is Doing
- “Digital Kidnapping” Is A Real Thing And Can Happen If You Post Pictures Of Your Kids