What a creative name the very creative Beyonce and Jay-Z gave their newborn daughter. They think Blue Ivy’s name is so creative they’ve applied for a trademark on it.
According to the Washington Post the couple filed an application with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office on January 26th for protection of their baby’s name from being used by others hoping to capitalize on “Blue Ivy” mania.
The power coupler weren’t the only ones who thought the name was very marketable. Fashion designer Joseph Mbeh submitted the same application to trademark “Blue Ivy Carter NYC” on Jan 11th, only four days after baby Blue was born. The application was denied.
Beyonce and Jay-Z’s application is still pending but should go through with no issue since parents are “legally authorized to trademark the name of their minor children.”
There was one other application for the name “Blue Ivy”. It was placed on Jan 19th, 2011 by a clothing store named the same in Wisconsin. They were approved in August, before we even knew Beyonce was pregnant. The clothing store can hang onto their trademark, or if the Carter’s want to make them an offer, the store can sell it.
More From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- Actor Billy Zane Says He Wishes Rose Had Gotten Back Together With His Character in ‘Titanic’
- Dad’s ‘Take Your Daughter’s Doll’ To Work Day Pics Go Viral
- VIDEO: Houston Pilot Jumped Out Of Helicopter To Take Down A Suspect
- Dennis Quaid’s Wife Files for Divorce
- Police Warn Dog Owners To Watch Out For Homemade Tennis Ball Bombs In Their Neighborhood
- Here Are 20 Celebrities You May Not Know Are Sex Addicts
- Big Brother 18.1 Recap
- Man Shoots At Taco Bell Employees Because They Forgot His Sour Cream
- Livestock Auctioneers Are This Year’s Hottest Rappers (Video)
- Tom Hiddleston’s Mom (Allegedly) Loves Taylor Swift