Beyonce & Jay-Z To Trademark Blue Ivy™
What a creative name the very creative Beyonce and Jay-Z gave their newborn daughter. They think Blue Ivy’s name is so creative they’ve applied for a trademark on it.
According to the Washington Post the couple filed an application with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office on January 26th for protection of their baby’s name from being used by others hoping to capitalize on “Blue Ivy” mania.
The power coupler weren’t the only ones who thought the name was very marketable. Fashion designer Joseph Mbeh submitted the same application to trademark “Blue Ivy Carter NYC” on Jan 11th, only four days after baby Blue was born. The application was denied.
Beyonce and Jay-Z’s application is still pending but should go through with no issue since parents are “legally authorized to trademark the name of their minor children.”
There was one other application for the name “Blue Ivy”. It was placed on Jan 19th, 2011 by a clothing store named the same in Wisconsin. They were approved in August, before we even knew Beyonce was pregnant. The clothing store can hang onto their trademark, or if the Carter’s want to make them an offer, the store can sell it.
More From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- Mia Farrow Tweeted Out The Address Of The Dentist Who Shot #CecilTheLion
- The Guys At Dude Perfect Do Impossible Paintball Trick Shots!
- STOP EVERYTHING: Here Is The NYFD 2016 Calendar And It’s AMAZING! You’re Welcome!
- Good Time To Trade In Your iPhone!
- Unprofessional Things To Avoid Doing At Work
- 6 Signs You Need A Vacation
- The Future Of Safe Sex Is Here! Would You Try A Spray On Condom?
- These 10 Things Make You Look Like An Idiot When You’re Driving
- You Have To See What Someone Changed This Construction Sign On Central Expressway To Say
- This Woman’s 800 lbs. Transformation is AMAZING!! You Have To See The Before And After Pictures