Beyonce & Jay-Z To Trademark Blue Ivy™
What a creative name the very creative Beyonce and Jay-Z gave their newborn daughter. They think Blue Ivy’s name is so creative they’ve applied for a trademark on it.
According to the Washington Post the couple filed an application with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office on January 26th for protection of their baby’s name from being used by others hoping to capitalize on “Blue Ivy” mania.
The power coupler weren’t the only ones who thought the name was very marketable. Fashion designer Joseph Mbeh submitted the same application to trademark “Blue Ivy Carter NYC” on Jan 11th, only four days after baby Blue was born. The application was denied.
Beyonce and Jay-Z’s application is still pending but should go through with no issue since parents are “legally authorized to trademark the name of their minor children.”
There was one other application for the name “Blue Ivy”. It was placed on Jan 19th, 2011 by a clothing store named the same in Wisconsin. They were approved in August, before we even knew Beyonce was pregnant. The clothing store can hang onto their trademark, or if the Carter’s want to make them an offer, the store can sell it.
More From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- VIDEO: Check Out The New Batmobile On The Set Of ‘Suicide Squad.’
- Kory Chat’s With “The Voices of Disney” Bill Rogers & Camille Dixon!
- 10 Least Stressed Out Cities In America
- REPORT: Brad Pitt Bisexual – Has Open Marriage With Angie!?
- PICS: The “Fat-shamed” #DancingMan Finally Got His Star-Studded Party!
- 7 Students Arrested After Releasing 72,000 Ladybugs For Senior Prank
- Ben Stiller’s Tribute To His Late Mom Will Touch Your Heart
- 21-Year-Old Woman Dies After Taking The Pill For Only 25 Days!
- 20 Of The Meanest Celebrities In Hollywood
- Were Josh Duggar’s Records Destroyed By Police?