What a creative name the very creative Beyonce and Jay-Z gave their newborn daughter. They think Blue Ivy’s name is so creative they’ve applied for a trademark on it.
According to the Washington Post the couple filed an application with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office on January 26th for protection of their baby’s name from being used by others hoping to capitalize on “Blue Ivy” mania.
The power coupler weren’t the only ones who thought the name was very marketable. Fashion designer Joseph Mbeh submitted the same application to trademark “Blue Ivy Carter NYC” on Jan 11th, only four days after baby Blue was born. The application was denied.
Beyonce and Jay-Z’s application is still pending but should go through with no issue since parents are “legally authorized to trademark the name of their minor children.”
There was one other application for the name “Blue Ivy”. It was placed on Jan 19th, 2011 by a clothing store named the same in Wisconsin. They were approved in August, before we even knew Beyonce was pregnant. The clothing store can hang onto their trademark, or if the Carter’s want to make them an offer, the store can sell it.
More From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- KFC Has Entered The Cosmetics Game With An Edible Nail Polish!
- Woman Gets Cheated On Spray-Paints “Hope It Was Worth It” On $100,000 Range Rover!
- VIDEO: Woman Harasses Man About Using Food Stamps At Walmart!
- Janet Jackson is Pregnant: Report
- This Summer Flights Will Be The Cheapest They Have Been In 7 Years!
- Happy Birthday Adele! See Some Of Her Best Lyrics That Give Strength, Love and Life To Fans
- Krispy Kreme Is Opening An ATM-Like Machine That Dispenses Doughnuts
- Justin Bieber Sets Up Shop In NYC And Draws a Massive Crowd
- Ryan Reynolds Parodies Erectile Dysfunction Ad For Deadpool DVD Release
- Demi Lovato Reboots ‘I Will Survive’ for ‘The Angry Birds Movie’: Listen