All eyes were on [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Kelly Clarkson[/lastfm] Sunday night as she sang the national anthem before the Super Bowl in Indianapolis. After last year’s lyrics flub by [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Christina Aguilera[/lastfm] and the recent anthem train wreck by [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Steven Tyler[/lastfm], everyone was waiting with baited breath to see if Burleson’s American Idol champ would sparkle or sizzle out during the “Star-Spangled Banner.”
One of the best rules out there is the K.I.S.S. rule: “Keep It Simple, Silly.” Kelly Clarkson abided by this rule last night, keeping her performance free of excessive vocalizing and nailing the lyrics. She sang beautifully. Have a listen!
- Elton John Plays Russia Despite Anti-Gay Laws
- Canine Corner: Bocephus
- Rebecca Black Drops New Song ‘Saturday’
- Christina Perri Announces New Album ‘Head or Heart’
- Justin Bieber Teams Up with Chance the Rapper for New Jam ‘Confident’
- Katy Perry Covers Marie Claire
- Citing LGBT Discrimination, Lady Gaga Asks for Boycott of Sochi Olympics
- Weather Channel Names The Winter Storm “Cleon”…Really?
- One Direction Perform ‘Afternoon Delight’ with ‘Anchorman’ Cast on ‘SNL’
- Beyoncé’s “The Mrs. Carter Show World Tour” Will Happen Tonight