It’s no secret that Josh Hamilton has had his share of struggles, and his openness about his battle against his addictions has won him the hearts of fans near and far. However, Josh Hamilton was found drinking in a North Dallas bar on Monday night. The 30 year old outfielder was taken home by fellow Ranger Ian Kinsler. Fans across Texas and the nation are now pouring out their hearts, love, prayers, and support to Hamilton.
This is the second relapse since he was suspended for drug use during the 2004-2005 baseball seasons. The other relapse was in 2009. When the Rangers acquired Hamilton from the Cincinatti Reds in 2007, they instituted a “zero tolerance” policy. Hamilton is screened 3 times a week for drugs and alcohol, and he spoke with an accountability partner.
That accountability partner was hitting coach Johnny Narron, who came to the Rangers in 2007 with Hamiliton. Narron is now in Milwaukee, and there is an empty chair in Hamilton’s corner. There was talk that Hamilton’s father-in-law would be hired as a special staff assistant with the Rangers to offer support to Hamilton in an official capacity, but he declined the offer citing “family considerations.”
For now, Hamilton has his friends, family, and fans to fall back on.
- Get A Behind The Scenes Look At The Real Housewives Of Dallas
- Glee’s Heather Morris Welcomes Baby #2
- The Top 100 Places To Eat In The U.S.
- AUDIO: Dose Of Sass With Steve Kemble For February 12th, 2016
- Low Vitamin B12 Levels Linked to Autism, Dementia
- Peyton Manning Spoofs Brother Eli’s Reaction at Super Bowl 50
- SI Swimsuit Issue Features A 56-Year-Old Bikini Model!
- Are You A Fan Of The Grey Hair Trend On Young People? See The Pics And Vote!
- Here’s Who Will Be Performing At The Grammy’s On Monday
- These Are 8 Ways to Spend Valentines Day If You’re Single