Lite’s Review Room – Weekend Movies: “The Woman In Black” “Big Miracle” (page 3)
Big Miracle, is a new movie from Universal Studios directed by Ken Kwapis (He’s Just Not That Into You) starring John Krasinski (The Office), Ted Danson (CSI: Crime Scene Investigation), and Drew Barrymore (Going The Distance).
The film centers around a group of Alaskans who band together to help save stranded whales.
A newsman Adam Carlson (John Krasinski) working in the northern tip of Alaska has just about run out of stories to report on when a family of endangered gray whales are trapped by rapidly forming ice in the Arctic Circle.
The news brings his ex-girlfriend, Greenpeace volunteer and avid environmentalist Rachel Kramer (Drew Barrymore) to the rescue. Her efforts help bring attention to the whales’ plight, not only from hordes of interested onlookers racing to the area, but from local politicians.
However, what Rachel and Adam need most of all is cooperation from both the American and Russian governments if the whales are to survive.
Based on the book “Freeing the Whales” by Tom Rose.
More From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- Taylor Swift To Hackers: I don’t have ANY nudes!
- 2015 Dallas Go Red For Women Luncheon
- A Dose of Sass: The Oscar Race Is Heating Up!
- Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett Added to List of 2015 GRAMMY Performers
- VIDEO: How Women’s Desired Body Shapes Have Progressed Through The Ages
- Madonna Calls Taylor Swift the ‘Princess’ of Pop, Now Taylor Swift is ‘Dead’
- How Phillip Phillips’ Lawsuit Will Expose and Change ‘American Idol’
- Elton John & ‘True Blood’ Creator Alan Ball to Write Musical Pilot For HBO
- Nick Jonas Joins ‘Scream Queens’ Cast with Ariana Grande
- Did Tom Cruise Stalk His Ex?