Gene Takes Singing Lessons For Star-Spangled Challenge
Gene is on a mission. He is determined to prove that the “Star-Spangled Banner” is the hardest song to perform, and maybe we should cut some slack for the celebrities that have a hard time singing it. He is taking singing lessons from local vocal coach, Linda Septien. Has he made any progress?
There are many people across North Texas that have performed the national anthem in front of crowds, large and small. With skill levels ranging from seasoned singers to shower serenaders, the Star-Spangled Banner is performed before sporting events like Cowboys, Rangers, Stars, and Mavericks games as well as special and civic events.
Gene is getting lots of helpful advice to help him nail the national anthem. Linda Septien suggests practicing hitting the notes before singing the words so that his voice can adjust to having to expand to the range of the song. Listener Cherna advised Gene that he should open his throat up like he’s yawning. Another listener suggested starting low so that the higher notes don’t stretch too far out of his range.
Will Gene do it? Listen tomorrow at 8:10AM to hear Gene perform the national anthem live!
- Katy Perry Win IT Wednesday In The #ReflectionSection
- Leigh Ann And Courtney’s Hawaiian Adventure
- Julie’s Review Room: ‘When The Game Stands Tall’
- Steven Tyler Contributes Vocals to ‘Sin City’ Soundtrack: Hear ‘Skin City’
- Nico & Vinz Announce U.S. Debut Album ‘Black Star Elephant’
- Steve Kemble’s Dose Of Sass!
- Zazza Mornings Takes Ice Bucket Challenge Live On The Broadcast
- Motorcyclist Pulls Ninja Move To Save Life
- What’s Hot: Muscle Maker Grill Dallas
- Will Ice Bucket Challenge Lead to Jon Bon Jovi/Richie Sambora Reunion?