Gene Challenged To Learn How To Sing National Anthem
We’ll never forget [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Christina Aguilera[/lastfm] flubbing the “Star-Spangled Banner” at last year’s Super Bowl, and no one will soon forget [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Steven Tyler[/lastfm]‘s recent offering to the worst “Star-Spangled” preformances. With the Super Bowl coming up this weekend, all eyes will be on [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Kelly Clarkson[/lastfm] as she performs the national anthem. Gene thinks it’s the hardest song in the world to sing, but local vocal coach to the stars, Linda Septien, is bet Gene she could train him to sing the “Star-Spangled Banner” in 24 hours.
According to Gene, the “Star-Spangled Banner” has weird wording and notes that are hard to hit for even the best singers. He empathizes for those who trip through the almost-Shakespearean wording and crack as they try to hit cosmically high notes.
The “Star-Spangled Banner” was written by Francis Scott Key in 1814. The lyrics are apart of a poem he wrote called the “Defence of Fort McHenry,” in which he describes the British Navy’s bombing the fort during the War of 1812. It was set to a popular tune called ”The Anacreontic Song.” In 1931, President Herbert Hoover passed a congressional resolution to make the “Star-Spangled Banner” the national anthem.
While it can certainly be embellished to seem hard to sing, it’s not impossible. That being said, Linda Septien has her work cut out for her if she’s going to train Gene to sing it in 24 hours.
In case you’re wondering who was the worst ever to sing the national anthem, the year was 1990…
- 13 Things That Prove Bigger Is Better In Dallas Fort Worth
- North Texas Giving Day 2014
- American Heart Association 2014 Heart Walk
- Maroon 5, Gwen Stefani Duet on New Song ‘My Heart is Open': Listen
- Watch Ed Sheeran Spoof the Musical ‘Annie’ Dressed As Little Orphan Annie
- Britney Spears Dumps Boyfriend, Posts Odd Instagram
- Rachel Reilly Mourns Donny’s Eviction & Christine Crossing The Line!
- Commercial Free Mondays: Labor Day!
- Boy’s Live Reaction To Mom’s Pregnancy Announcement Is Priceless
- Another Reason You Should Love Justin Timberlake! Sings Happy Birthday To 8 Year Old Boy With Autism At Concert