We’ll never forget [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Christina Aguilera[/lastfm] flubbing the “Star-Spangled Banner” at last year’s Super Bowl, and no one will soon forget [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Steven Tyler[/lastfm]‘s recent offering to the worst “Star-Spangled” preformances. With the Super Bowl coming up this weekend, all eyes will be on [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Kelly Clarkson[/lastfm] as she performs the national anthem. Gene thinks it’s the hardest song in the world to sing, but local vocal coach to the stars, Linda Septien, is bet Gene she could train him to sing the “Star-Spangled Banner” in 24 hours.
According to Gene, the “Star-Spangled Banner” has weird wording and notes that are hard to hit for even the best singers. He empathizes for those who trip through the almost-Shakespearean wording and crack as they try to hit cosmically high notes.
The “Star-Spangled Banner” was written by Francis Scott Key in 1814. The lyrics are apart of a poem he wrote called the “Defence of Fort McHenry,” in which he describes the British Navy’s bombing the fort during the War of 1812. It was set to a popular tune called ”The Anacreontic Song.” In 1931, President Herbert Hoover passed a congressional resolution to make the “Star-Spangled Banner” the national anthem.
While it can certainly be embellished to seem hard to sing, it’s not impossible. That being said, Linda Septien has her work cut out for her if she’s going to train Gene to sing it in 24 hours.
In case you’re wondering who was the worst ever to sing the national anthem, the year was 1990…
- Sara Evans to Release New Album ‘Slow Me Down’ in March
- Chanel Brings The Fashion World To Dallas Tonight For Fashion Show At Fair Park
- Cowboys Suffer Brrrrutal 45-28 Loss To Bears
- Santa’s Sparkle Nominee: The Gage Family
- Things You Did As A Kid You Wish You Could Still Do As An Adult
- She Mail: Woman Wants Out Of Office White Elephant Exchange
- Stuff The Stocking For Santa’s Sparkle
- Support Santa’s Sparkle At Date Night Skate Night This Friday
- Elton John Plays Russia Despite Anti-Gay Laws
- Canine Corner: Bocephus