Last night’s Screen Actors Guild Awards had a few surprises for those keeping track of the awards season race to the Oscars. The ladies of The Help came away with big awards, and The Artist‘s Jean Dujardin is giving George Clooney a run for his money in the Best Actor category.
If you had George Clooney locked in for Best Actor on your Oscar prediction ballot, then you might want to reconsider. Clooney seemed like a shoo-in after snagging the Golden Globe and Critic’s Choice awards for his performance in The Descendants. However, The Artist‘s Jean Dujardin, who also grabbed a Golden Globe, managed to win the SAG award for Best Actor right out from under Clooney’s nose. It’s definitely put the Oscar-watchers on the edge of their seats.
In the Best Actress category, talk seems to swing between The Help‘s Viola Davis and The Iron Lady‘s Meryl Streep. Davis will be adding a SAG Award to her mantle next to her Critic’s Choice Award. The cast of The Help also came way with the Outstanding Cast award as well.
Christopher Plummer and Octavia Spencer seem to have the Supporting Role categories on lock down. Both added SAG Awards to their Critic’s Choice and Golden Globes, Plummer for his role in Beginners and Spencer for her stunning performance in The Help.
Have a look at all the winners and nominees for the 18th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards.
- Selena Gomez, Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran, More Announced as GRAMMY Presenters
- Listen to Gwen Stefani’s New Single ‘Make Me Like You’
- Penelope Cruz Was Asked About Her “Ugly Feet” On The Today Show!
- You Can Use Your Phone To See What You Look Like With A Boob Job Now!
- We Were Popping Bottles In Studio Celebrating The Real Housewives Of Dallas!
- Have You Had An Oreogasm? Oreo Brownie Will Blow Your Mind!
- Erika Jayne Called In Today And Gave Our Dallas Housewives Some Advice!
- KFC Is Going To Hook You Up With A Romantic Date Night For Valentine’s Day!
- Ryan Reynold’s Man Part Makes An Appearance In Deadpool
- This Is What Happened During Chipotle’s Closed-Door Meeting!