British Teen Hospitalized After Eating Nothing But Chicken Nuggets For 15 Years
Talk about a picky eater. British teen, Stacey Irvine, has reportedly eaten nothing but chicken nuggets for the past 15 years.
Now she is paying for her poor dietary habits.Stacey Irvine, a 17-year-old British teenager, didn’t think her nugget addiction was a big deal untill she collapsed at work.
The Sun is reporting that when she arrived at the hospital, doctors where shocked and horrified that she had only eaten chicken nuggets and “never” ate fruits of veggies.
A generic 20-piece chicken nuggets meal contains about 58 grams of fat and is around 926 calories. That meal alone, exceeds the recommended intake of 56 grams of fat, and is almost half of the recommended 2,000 calories a day.
The Sun does say that there was a slight variety to Stacey’s diet. She would eat a slice of toast or potato chips every now and then.
She has been diagnosed with anemia and swollen veins in her tongue. Doctors have put her on an emergancy regimen of vitamins.
Stacey’s high salt, high fat diet has also increased her risk of future chronicle health problems which include heart disease, stroke, and cancer.
“She’s been told in no uncertain terms that she’ll die if she carries on like this,” Stacey’s mom Evonne said. “But she says she can’t eat anything else.” Since Stacey’s taste for nuggets started at age 2.
“I am at my wit’s end,” Evonne said. “I’m praying she can be helped before it’s too late.”
According to doctors Stacey still has time to turn around her health issues. It’s time for Stacey to start eating right, and put some variety in her diet.
This is why it is important to get those young picky eaters out there to eat their fruits and vegetables. The Mayo Clinic has tips for picky eaters.
What are some creative ways you got your picky eater to eat right? Put your answer in the comments.
What is a balanced diet?
- Eat. Pray. Bone!!
- Watch Chris Pratt Give Acting Lessons. Drunk.
- Dwayne Johnson Officiates Surprise Wedding For Fan Interviewing Him
- Netflix Streaming: What’s Coming & Going In June
- Mike Huckabee Jumps In On The Duggar Scandal
- Man Protests Overbooked Flight… By Getting Naked
- Ashley Olsen’s Ongoing Battle With Lyme Disease- Getting Worse?
- The Ten Types Of People You Hate On Social Media
- VIDEO: Warning Selfie Sticks Might Show More Than You Actually Want
- Duggar Update: Expert Says Josh May Have Been A Victim in His Youth