A study performed in the Netherlands has determined that men become dumber in the presence of women. Women everywhere will tell you that it is no surprise.
According to Men’s Health, the Dutch group conducting the study gathered 71 college students, both male and female, and set them to work on tasks to measure cognitive ability. During one of the tasks, the students were told they would be monitored by a member of the opposite sex.
The cognitive performance of the male students dropped nearly 14 percent despite not knowing who the woman monitoring them was or what she looked like. On the other hand, the women in the group performed better under the watchful eye of a man.
Why did the men’s performance drop? Lead study author Sanne Nauts thinks that the men are preparing themselves for a possible interaction. They are thinking of things to say to the woman to impress her in the event they meet her. All this takes away from their ability to focus on the task at hand.
It’s all attributed to the good old mating ritual. Men are the ones that have to perform for the approval of a woman, while the woman sits back, judges, and picks the best man.
- Halftime Show: What Happened? Did You Like It?
- Celebrities React to Lady Gaga’s National Anthem
- Steve Harvey Apologizes in Super Bowl Commercial
- Late David Bowie’s “Starman” on Audi Commercial
- Doritos Commercial Has The Public Laughing
- Lady Gaga: Sings National Anthem, says “It’s a Dream Come True”
- Turkish Airlines Commercial
- Cam Newton’s New Commercial for Super Bowl 50
- Beyoncé Shares New Song ‘Formation’
- 14-Year-Old Sells Steer For $210,000 At Fort Worth Stock Show & Rodeo