A study performed in the Netherlands has determined that men become dumber in the presence of women. Women everywhere will tell you that it is no surprise.
According to Men’s Health, the Dutch group conducting the study gathered 71 college students, both male and female, and set them to work on tasks to measure cognitive ability. During one of the tasks, the students were told they would be monitored by a member of the opposite sex.
The cognitive performance of the male students dropped nearly 14 percent despite not knowing who the woman monitoring them was or what she looked like. On the other hand, the women in the group performed better under the watchful eye of a man.
Why did the men’s performance drop? Lead study author Sanne Nauts thinks that the men are preparing themselves for a possible interaction. They are thinking of things to say to the woman to impress her in the event they meet her. All this takes away from their ability to focus on the task at hand.
It’s all attributed to the good old mating ritual. Men are the ones that have to perform for the approval of a woman, while the woman sits back, judges, and picks the best man.
- Guy Marries His Smart Phone To Make A Point About The World Today
- Pregnant Fast Food Worker Brutally Assaulted By Customer For Forgetting Straws
- Woman Calls Out Samsung’s Phone Setting That Automatically Airbrushes Selfies
- According To Poll 1/3 Of People Would Rather Go To Dentist Than Be Seen In A Bikini
- Colleyville’s Katie Meili Is Head To The Olympics On The U.S. Swim Team
- Ruby Rose Pens Essay in Support of Taylor Swift
- Calvin Harris Is Done Dating Celebrites
- Is There A Spice Girls TV Comeback Documentary Coming?
- Matt Damon Pranks People Sending Them On Secret Missions!
- What Marcia Brady (Maureen McCormick) Looks Like Now