New York Fixes Mis-Spelled “Shcool X-ing” Sign
The city of New York is trying to correct its embarrassing spelling of the word “School” that it used on the street outside a building that houses two high schools and a middle school.
Apparently the person in charge of sign making needs some more “Shcool”-ing.
Apparently the person in charge of sign making needs some more “Shcool”-ing. Read The Story
The sing was created with industrial “textured tape” that permanently stick to asphalt. It was ripped from the pavement on Monday, after the New York post reported the spelling error.
The error had been on the pavement in front of the School since July of 2012, and authorities have blamed the blunder on a clueless contractor. Also I’d like to point out that there is no spell check button in construction.
Rene Anaya, the assistant principal at Lower East Side Preparatory HS said, “One of the teachers said to me, ‘I’m busy grading papers in the school. I’m not grading the city on their spelling.”
Only the wrongly placed “H” and “C” were ground down and repositioned. The S, two O’s and the L were left untouched.
One worker jokingly told the New York Post, “We know how to spell ‘school’!”
Well they do now.
- Mike Huckabee Jumps In On The Duggar Scandal
- Man Protests Overbooked Flight… By Getting Naked
- Ashley Olsen’s Ongoing Battle With Lyme Disease- Getting Worse?
- The Ten Types Of People You Hate On Social Media
- VIDEO: Warning Selfie Sticks Might Show More Than You Actually Want
- Duggar Update: Expert Says Josh May Have Been A Victim in His Youth
- Can We Guess How Many People You Hooked Up With Based On Your Food Preferences
- Booker T Washington Students NAIL Pharrell Flash Mob at the Rustic
- VIDEO: Kory @ Disneyland’s Diamond Celebration: Day Two
- U2 Worried Their Tour Was Already Over When The Edge Fell Off the Stage