Oscar Nominations Have Been Announced For 2012 Academy Awards
Hot off the presses! The nominations have been announced for this year’s Academy Awards. Many say that it’s an honor just to be nominated, and indeed, it is a remarkable feat to be included with the best of the best for artistic performance and film making. Did your favorite movies and actors make the list of nominees?
There are always the obvious nominations and then there are the surprises. Surprise, surprise, Melissa McCarthy is up for Best Supporting Actress for her role in Bridesmaids, and Bridesmaids in turn is nominated for Best Original Screenplay. Meryl Streep is a shoo-in for Best Actress for her performance in The Iron Lady, but she gets steep competition from Michelle Williams (My Week With Marilyn), Rooney Mara (The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo), and Viola Davis (The Help).
[photogallerylink id=70089 align=right]
The heavy hitters are Hugo and The Artist. In the lead is Hugo with nominations in 11 categories including Art Direction, Best Picture, Cinematography, and Adapted Screenplay. Just behind Hugo is The Artist with 10 nominations including Best Picture, Best Actor, Best Supporting Actress, Directing, and Original Screenplay.
Besides Hugo and The Artist, other Best Picture nominees you’ll need to add to your must-see list are The Descendants starring George Clooney, Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close with Tom Hanks and Sandra Bullock, The Help with Emma Stone and Viola Davis, Woody Allen’s Midnight In Paris, Moneyball, The Tree of Life, and Steven Spielberg’s WWI epic War Horse.
To see the rest of the nominees and make your predictions, go to Oscar.Go.Com. Billy Crystal is your host for the 84th annual Academy Awards, which airs Sunday, February 26th at 6pm CST on ABC.
Watch the Oscar Nominees announcement!
- This Mother And Daughter Have Spent $63K On Matching Plastic Surgery
- Tower Records Immortalized in New Doc Featuring Former Employee Dave Grohl, Bruce Springsteen
- You Might Be Able To Tell If Someone Is A Psycho By The Way They Yawn!
- Woman Asks Men To Hold Her Underwear In The Best Prank EVER!!!
- Arizona Couple Finds $50,000 In Safe While Renovating Kitchen
- “Bruh,” “Awesomsauce,” “Butthurt” Among New Words Added To The Dictionary
- Fifth Harmony Check in to Haunted Hotel for ‘I’m in Love with a Monster’ Video
- Has The Ashley Madison Hacker Been Caught?
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Posts Surprise New Teaser Trailer
- Jerry Seineld’s Kids Had A Lemonade Stand… Until The Police Shut It Down