Oscar Nominations Have Been Announced For 2012 Academy Awards
Hot off the presses! The nominations have been announced for this year’s Academy Awards. Many say that it’s an honor just to be nominated, and indeed, it is a remarkable feat to be included with the best of the best for artistic performance and film making. Did your favorite movies and actors make the list of nominees?
There are always the obvious nominations and then there are the surprises. Surprise, surprise, Melissa McCarthy is up for Best Supporting Actress for her role in Bridesmaids, and Bridesmaids in turn is nominated for Best Original Screenplay. Meryl Streep is a shoo-in for Best Actress for her performance in The Iron Lady, but she gets steep competition from Michelle Williams (My Week With Marilyn), Rooney Mara (The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo), and Viola Davis (The Help).
[photogallerylink id=70089 align=right]
The heavy hitters are Hugo and The Artist. In the lead is Hugo with nominations in 11 categories including Art Direction, Best Picture, Cinematography, and Adapted Screenplay. Just behind Hugo is The Artist with 10 nominations including Best Picture, Best Actor, Best Supporting Actress, Directing, and Original Screenplay.
Besides Hugo and The Artist, other Best Picture nominees you’ll need to add to your must-see list are The Descendants starring George Clooney, Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close with Tom Hanks and Sandra Bullock, The Help with Emma Stone and Viola Davis, Woody Allen’s Midnight In Paris, Moneyball, The Tree of Life, and Steven Spielberg’s WWI epic War Horse.
To see the rest of the nominees and make your predictions, go to Oscar.Go.Com. Billy Crystal is your host for the 84th annual Academy Awards, which airs Sunday, February 26th at 6pm CST on ABC.
Watch the Oscar Nominees announcement!
- KORY: Anti-Gay Bill Signed Into Law By Indiana Governor – What Is Happening To Us?
- Remember The Sitcom ‘Coach?’ It’s Coming Back!
- A Beyonce/Taylor Swift Duet In The Works!?
- UPDATE: Cissy Houston On Bobbi Kristina’s Condition/Rehab
- ISIS Releases “Kill List” For Cities, And One Of Ours Made The List
- Amazon Delivering To Select Dallas Cities In Less Than An Hour
- Britney Spears Was Forced To Enter Rehab
- BREAKING: Explosion In New York City Building Causes It To Collapse!
- Ed Sheeran Surprises Deserving Couple And Plays Wedding Singer For Them
- The Best Patios In Dallas To Have A Drink