Adele Breaks US Chart Record
[lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Adele[/lastfm]‘s “21” has been atop the Billboard chart for 16 weeks now.
That breaks records set by both [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]The Beatles[/lastfm] and [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Pink Floyd[/lastfm]The British singer has now matched the success of the soundtrack to the 1997 film Titanic, but has taken down The Beatles “Sgt Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band” and Pink Floyd’s “The Wall”, both of which held the top spot for 15 weeks.
Adele now holds the record for the longest running British artist at the top of the Billboard chart.
Last week alone, Adele sold 104,000 copies of “21” last week. That puts her grand total around 17 million copies globally. In the era of digital pirates that number is unheard of.
New research revealed that Adele’s singles were the most popular karaoke tracks of 2011. The singer’s chart topper ‘Someone Like You’ was the most sung song of the year with one in four singers choosing the track, according to the Lucky Voice website.
Adele is also the overwhelming favorite to win Best Album at this year’s Grammy awards.
More From 1037litefm.com
- Get Phantom Of The Opera Tickets
- Paramore Winning Weekend
- Toyota Performance Showroom
- 2014 Zazza Community Foundation Golf Tournament
- Ariana Grande, Nicki Minaj & Jessie J Join Forces for Sassy New Song ‘Bang Bang’
- *NSYNC Releases A New Album!
- LEAKED Madonna Songs that Never Got Released from the 90’s [Audio]
- Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett To Release Jazz Duets Album ‘Cheek to Cheek’ This Fall
- Festival Cancels R. Kelly’s Headlining Appearance After Community Backlash
- Leigh Ann: 57-Year-Old Steven Bauer Dating An 18-Year-Old