[lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Adele[/lastfm]’s “21” has been atop the Billboard chart for 16 weeks now.
That breaks records set by both [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]The Beatles[/lastfm] and [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Pink Floyd[/lastfm]The British singer has now matched the success of the soundtrack to the 1997 film Titanic, but has taken down The Beatles “Sgt Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band” and Pink Floyd’s “The Wall”, both of which held the top spot for 15 weeks.
Adele now holds the record for the longest running British artist at the top of the Billboard chart.
Last week alone, Adele sold 104,000 copies of “21” last week. That puts her grand total around 17 million copies globally. In the era of digital pirates that number is unheard of.
New research revealed that Adele’s singles were the most popular karaoke tracks of 2011. The singer’s chart topper ‘Someone Like You’ was the most sung song of the year with one in four singers choosing the track, according to the Lucky Voice website.
Adele is also the overwhelming favorite to win Best Album at this year’s Grammy awards.
More From 1037litefm.com
- Casey Anthony Admitted to Killing Her Daughter in 2008
- Amber Heard Files For Divorce From Johnny Depp Just Days After His Mom Passed Away
- Reports Claim Chris Kyle ‘American Sniper’ Lied About His Military Record
- Camper Catches A Couple Of Lions Licking The Tent!
- Matt Simons Q&A Session
- Rob Lowe Is Reportedly In Talks To Join ‘Live’ With Kelly
- Demi Lovato Has A Very Interesting Way Of Recovering From A Workout!
- Sharon Osbourne Defends Daughter Kelly For Tweeting Ozzy’s Mistress’ Phone Number
- Chewbacca Mom Is Going To Be Hanging Out With The Real Chewbacca At The Fan Expo Dallas
- Man Rubs Chili Pepper On Girlfriends Tampon As Prank; Gets Kicked Out Of House