[lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Adele[/lastfm]’s “21” has been atop the Billboard chart for 16 weeks now.
That breaks records set by both [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]The Beatles[/lastfm] and [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Pink Floyd[/lastfm]The British singer has now matched the success of the soundtrack to the 1997 film Titanic, but has taken down The Beatles “Sgt Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band” and Pink Floyd’s “The Wall”, both of which held the top spot for 15 weeks.
Adele now holds the record for the longest running British artist at the top of the Billboard chart.
Last week alone, Adele sold 104,000 copies of “21” last week. That puts her grand total around 17 million copies globally. In the era of digital pirates that number is unheard of.
New research revealed that Adele’s singles were the most popular karaoke tracks of 2011. The singer’s chart topper ‘Someone Like You’ was the most sung song of the year with one in four singers choosing the track, according to the Lucky Voice website.
Adele is also the overwhelming favorite to win Best Album at this year’s Grammy awards.
More From 1037litefm.com
- Calvin Harris Revealed Some Sad News for Taylor Swift Fans
- Lionel Richie is Launching His Own Makeup Line Called “Hello”
- Kate Upton Is Off The Market: Justin Put A Ring On It
- The Way Twitter Responded To This Interracial Couple In A Old Navy Ad Is Terrible
- You Almost Won’t Recognize Taylor Swift At The Met Gala Tonight!
- Adele Shouts Out Leicester City After Premier League Victory
- Local Texas High School Makes Dream Come True For Disabled Senior Manager
- Watch Kevin Hart, Big Sean and More Lip-Sync Rihanna’s ‘Work’
- You Will Be Surprised At Some Of The Women Prince Dated!
- Woman Shot Inside Walgreens Arlington, Good Samaritan Killed