Adele Breaks US Chart Record
[lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Adele[/lastfm]‘s “21″ has been atop the Billboard chart for 16 weeks now.
That breaks records set by both [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]The Beatles[/lastfm] and [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Pink Floyd[/lastfm]The British singer has now matched the success of the soundtrack to the 1997 film Titanic, but has taken down The Beatles “Sgt Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band” and Pink Floyd’s “The Wall”, both of which held the top spot for 15 weeks.
Adele now holds the record for the longest running British artist at the top of the Billboard chart.
Last week alone, Adele sold 104,000 copies of “21″ last week. That puts her grand total around 17 million copies globally. In the era of digital pirates that number is unheard of.
New research revealed that Adele’s singles were the most popular karaoke tracks of 2011. The singer’s chart topper ‘Someone Like You’ was the most sung song of the year with one in four singers choosing the track, according to the Lucky Voice website.
Adele is also the overwhelming favorite to win Best Album at this year’s Grammy awards.
More From 1037litefm.com
- Watch Coldplay Debut New Song ‘Oceans’
- Watch Pharrell’s Fantasy Video for ‘Marilyn Monroe’
- Peeps To Become A Movie?
- Lorde, The National, Nas & The Replacements To Play Boston Calling
- Leigh Ann: Lupita Nyong’o Named People’s ‘Most Beautiful For 2014
- Watch Lily Allen’s New Video for ‘Sheezus’
- Feeling Nostalgic For Our Childhood Toys
- NFL Veteran Wade Smith Will Host His 3rd Annual Charity Event This Weekend
- What’s Buzzing: Drew Barrymore Gives Birth To Daughter
- Beyonce & Jay-Z Not Attending Kimye’s Wedding