[lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Adele[/lastfm]’s “21” has been atop the Billboard chart for 16 weeks now.
That breaks records set by both [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]The Beatles[/lastfm] and [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Pink Floyd[/lastfm]The British singer has now matched the success of the soundtrack to the 1997 film Titanic, but has taken down The Beatles “Sgt Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band” and Pink Floyd’s “The Wall”, both of which held the top spot for 15 weeks.
Adele now holds the record for the longest running British artist at the top of the Billboard chart.
Last week alone, Adele sold 104,000 copies of “21” last week. That puts her grand total around 17 million copies globally. In the era of digital pirates that number is unheard of.
New research revealed that Adele’s singles were the most popular karaoke tracks of 2011. The singer’s chart topper ‘Someone Like You’ was the most sung song of the year with one in four singers choosing the track, according to the Lucky Voice website.
Adele is also the overwhelming favorite to win Best Album at this year’s Grammy awards.
More From 1037litefm.com
- This Guy Was Robbed At Gun Point On A Tinder Date!
- This Kids Inappropriate Christmas Drawing Is The Best Things You Will See Today!
- Sybil Interviews Jennifer Chinnis From CultureMap
- RHOBH: Yolanda And David Foster Are Getting Divorced!
- Tons Of People Paid $5 For Nothing On Black Friday!
- New Anti-Ageing Drug Could Be Around The Corner
- Dallas Could Be Making A Play To Bring The Rangers Downtown!
- People Are Actually Naming Their Kids After Instagram Filters!
- Have You Seen The New Alex From Target?
- Need Help With Your Elf? Here Are 33 Amazing Ideas For You!