Adele Breaks US Chart Record
[lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Adele[/lastfm]’s “21” has been atop the Billboard chart for 16 weeks now.
That breaks records set by both [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]The Beatles[/lastfm] and [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Pink Floyd[/lastfm]The British singer has now matched the success of the soundtrack to the 1997 film Titanic, but has taken down The Beatles “Sgt Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band” and Pink Floyd’s “The Wall”, both of which held the top spot for 15 weeks.
Adele now holds the record for the longest running British artist at the top of the Billboard chart.
Last week alone, Adele sold 104,000 copies of “21” last week. That puts her grand total around 17 million copies globally. In the era of digital pirates that number is unheard of.
New research revealed that Adele’s singles were the most popular karaoke tracks of 2011. The singer’s chart topper ‘Someone Like You’ was the most sung song of the year with one in four singers choosing the track, according to the Lucky Voice website.
Adele is also the overwhelming favorite to win Best Album at this year’s Grammy awards.
More From 1037litefm.com
- Who Were The Top 10 Heartthrobs From The 90s? Number One Is Still On Top Of Their Game!
- Chipotle Announces More Delivery Services
- Melissa Rivers Reveals Where She Scattered Joan Rivers Ashes
- Divorced Couples Are Taking Selfies Together To Mark The Occasion
- That Didn’t Take Long! Here Is Kermit The Frogs New Girlfriend!
- McDonalds Is Going To Start Serving Breakfast All Day On October 6th
- You Will Never Believe What Justin Timberlake Refuses To Do As A Dad! WHAT??
- People Are Freaking Out About The Colombian Women’s Cycling Team’s Uniform! Are They Half Naked?
- Dr. Dre, Taylor Swift, Jay Z, ‘Frozen’ All Broke Guinness World Records In 2015
- X Factor Contestant Made Simon Cowell Cry