Has The Next American Idol Already Been Found
American Idol returned to our televisions for the 11th season. This season’s 16 year-old contestants can’t remember life before Idol, and they most likely grew up singing in front of the television with past Idol contestants. Last night’s two-hour premiere gaves us the Savannah, GA auditions. Did they find this year’s American Idol?
The auditions for American Idol are full of highs and lows. There are the shining stars that you can’t wait to see make it to the finals, and then there are the train wrecks who believe they can sing despite not being able to carry a tune in a bucket with a lid on it.
Nobody will forget William Hung, and it’s likely that Mawuena Kodjo will not be forgotten either. The Togo, West African native by way of Nashville tried his hand at a Rascal Flatts tune but fell flat. Another memorable reject was Erica Novak, who got a squeeze of Steven Tyler’s tush in lieu of a golden ticket to Hollywood.
Among the bright shining stars that did receive a golden ticket is Phillip Phillips. The soulful crooner gave an electrifying performance of Stevie Wonder’s “Superstition” before he whipped out an acoustic guitar to wow the judges with a country version of Michael Jackson’s “Thriller.” There’s always one incarnation of Janis Joplin in the bunch, and Savannah gives us Elise Testone. Colton Dixon auditioned for season 10 and had not intended to go before the judges this year, but the judges called him in to audition with his 16 year-old sister Schuyler and put them both through to Hollywood.
In all, Savannah, GA is sending 42 hopefuls to Hollywood. Tune in tonight for the Pittsburg auditions!
In the meantime, here’s a second look at Phillip Phillips’ rousing audition.
- Stevie’s Soapbox: Is Chivalry Dead?
- Weekend Rewind: SURGE Resurgence, #LecraeOnFallon, Doctor Strange, Ron Washington And More
- Storytime with Stevie: How I Got Here
- QUIZ: Which Coach From The Voice Are You?
- Brand New iPhone 6 DROP!
- This Pat Green Song Tells You Everything You Need To Know About Texas Women! They Are The Best!
- Stream John Mellencamp’s New Album, ‘Plain Spoken’
- Bono: ‘No One Has Deleted More U2 Songs in the Last Five Years Than the Members of U2′
- Radio.com Presents the 2014 Eventful Fan’s Choice Awards
- Listen to Queen’s ’80s Collaboration with Michael Jackson, ‘There Must Be More to Life Than This’