British Airways Passengers Told Plane Was Crashing By Mistake
In what was either one of the worst pranks in the history of practical jokes, or a huge error British Airways flight 0206 passengers were told that their plane was going down.
When in really all was fine.
The Huffington Post is reporting that passengers were awakened at 3 a.m. on Saturday, somewhere between Miami and London, to an announcement warning them to prepare for an emergency water landing. Sounds like my worst nightmare coming true.
But according to all accounts there was nothing wrong and they were safely cruising at 35,000 feet.
A passenger told The Telegraph, “My wife was crying and passengers were screaming. Then they played an announcement telling us to just ignore the warnings,” a passenger told the paper.”
The flight crew then reassured passengers that the warning was an error, and some, as you can imagine, aren’t very satisfied with that response. Passengers Duncan and Tracey Farquharson said that the, “staff issued a ‘blase’ apology and did not explain exactly what the error was until hours later, when they were landing at Heathrow.”
The airline apologized for undue concern and handed out apology letters upon landing. You would think they could at least doll out some refunds.
Apparently this isn’t the first time this has happened:
- 16 Thoughts Every Women Has Had At The Gynecologist Office
- We Debuted Katy Tiz’s New Song “Whistle” You’re Going To Love It
- Kelly Osbourne Warned Giuliana Rancic About The Hair Comment During Taping: What Really Happened
- Guy Finds Out His Wife Is Cheating, And Gets Best Revenge EVER!
- Erykah Badu Stuck At The DFW Airport! Her Response Is Classic!
- 6 Reasons Why “Empire” Is The Greatest Show On Earth
- #TodayNFood February 26th is National Chili Day!!
- Remember Lupita’s 150K Pearl Oscar Dress? It Was Stolen
- Neurotic City: 5 Times Prince Has Acted Ponderously Purple
- Groom Gets Choked Up As He Reads Vows To Bride’s Daughter