British Airways Passengers Told Plane Was Crashing By Mistake
In what was either one of the worst pranks in the history of practical jokes, or a huge error British Airways flight 0206 passengers were told that their plane was going down.
When in really all was fine.
The Huffington Post is reporting that passengers were awakened at 3 a.m. on Saturday, somewhere between Miami and London, to an announcement warning them to prepare for an emergency water landing. Sounds like my worst nightmare coming true.
But according to all accounts there was nothing wrong and they were safely cruising at 35,000 feet.
A passenger told The Telegraph, “My wife was crying and passengers were screaming. Then they played an announcement telling us to just ignore the warnings,” a passenger told the paper.”
The flight crew then reassured passengers that the warning was an error, and some, as you can imagine, aren’t very satisfied with that response. Passengers Duncan and Tracey Farquharson said that the, “staff issued a ‘blase’ apology and did not explain exactly what the error was until hours later, when they were landing at Heathrow.”
The airline apologized for undue concern and handed out apology letters upon landing. You would think they could at least doll out some refunds.
Apparently this isn’t the first time this has happened:
- Britney Spears Does The Splits On The Beach In A Bikini! See The Pics!
- Is Calvin Harris Planning On Popping The Question To Taylor Swift?
- Only Four Of These Animals Are Left On Earth
- Move Over Grumpy Cat! Grumpy Dog Is Taking Over The Internet.
- Shawn From The Bachelorette Was Hit In The Head With A Brick By Which Fellow Reality TV Star?
- Why Is Channing Tatum Quitting His New Movie?
- Kris Jenner Finally Meets Caitlyn Jenner! How Did The Meeting Go Down?
- Caprese Pasta Salad By Amy Armstrong-Loftus
- Mia Farrow Tweeted Out The Address Of The Dentist Who Shot #CecilTheLion
- The Guys At Dude Perfect Do Impossible Paintball Trick Shots!