British Airways Passengers Told Plane Was Crashing By Mistake
In what was either one of the worst pranks in the history of practical jokes, or a huge error British Airways flight 0206 passengers were told that their plane was going down.
When in really all was fine.
The Huffington Post is reporting that passengers were awakened at 3 a.m. on Saturday, somewhere between Miami and London, to an announcement warning them to prepare for an emergency water landing. Sounds like my worst nightmare coming true.
But according to all accounts there was nothing wrong and they were safely cruising at 35,000 feet.
A passenger told The Telegraph, “My wife was crying and passengers were screaming. Then they played an announcement telling us to just ignore the warnings,” a passenger told the paper.”
The flight crew then reassured passengers that the warning was an error, and some, as you can imagine, aren’t very satisfied with that response. Passengers Duncan and Tracey Farquharson said that the, “staff issued a ‘blase’ apology and did not explain exactly what the error was until hours later, when they were landing at Heathrow.”
The airline apologized for undue concern and handed out apology letters upon landing. You would think they could at least doll out some refunds.
Apparently this isn’t the first time this has happened:
- Women Opens Up Cuddle Shop And You Wont Believe How Many Customers She Already Has
- PIC: Dog Jumps On Back Of Ambulance To Be With His Owner
- Local Artist Boy Epic “50 Shades” Set To The Movie Trailer Is Insanely Awesome
- Stacy Fawcett’s Foodie Blog: Macaroni & Lots Of Cheese
- You Will Never Believe What Niecy Nash Say’s Will Keep Your Marriage A Success
- #SelfieCamfessions: Stevie Hated Disney World
- City Lights Moved To Sunday Due To Severe Weather Threat
- Nicki Minaj, One Direction, Charli XCX Coming to ‘SNL’
- Sia Offers ‘Iko Iko’ Cover in Pledge on Husband’s Kickstarter Campaign
- Diem Brown’s Ex-Boyfriends Post On Instigram Will Bring You To Tears