British Airways Passengers Told Plane Was Crashing By Mistake
In what was either one of the worst pranks in the history of practical jokes, or a huge error British Airways flight 0206 passengers were told that their plane was going down.
When in really all was fine.
The Huffington Post is reporting that passengers were awakened at 3 a.m. on Saturday, somewhere between Miami and London, to an announcement warning them to prepare for an emergency water landing. Sounds like my worst nightmare coming true.
But according to all accounts there was nothing wrong and they were safely cruising at 35,000 feet.
A passenger told The Telegraph, “My wife was crying and passengers were screaming. Then they played an announcement telling us to just ignore the warnings,” a passenger told the paper.”
The flight crew then reassured passengers that the warning was an error, and some, as you can imagine, aren’t very satisfied with that response. Passengers Duncan and Tracey Farquharson said that the, “staff issued a ‘blase’ apology and did not explain exactly what the error was until hours later, when they were landing at Heathrow.”
The airline apologized for undue concern and handed out apology letters upon landing. You would think they could at least doll out some refunds.
Apparently this isn’t the first time this has happened:
- NSSN: O.A.R. Meet And Greet And Interview Pictures
- Blue October Stop By Pre-Party At Poor David’s Pub
- 12 Things That Would Be Different If “Home Alone” Happened Today
- Instagram Just Released Five New Filters
- This 8 Year Old Dancing To “Uptown Funk” Will Give You Life
- Remember “Christmas Jammies” The Family Is At It Again And It Is Adorable
- Selena Gomez Reportedly “Threw A Fit” At Taylor Swifts Birthday Party
- The Duggar Family Christmas Card Is Better Than All Of The Kardashians Cards Put Together
- Justin Timberlake On Jimmy Fallon — Almost As Good As Justin Timberlake On “SNL”
- Ogles Girl At The Gym, Falls Off Treadmill, Tries To Cover By Doing Push Ups!