Bob Dylan Performs ‘Blind Willie McTell’ With Mumford & Sons At The Critics Choice Awards
Bob Dylan took the stage at the 17th Annual Critics Choice Awards last night and performed a fantastic, stripped-down version of his 1983 hit “Blind Willie McTell.”
The performance was part of a tribute to Martin Scorsese who was the recipient of the Music + Film award.
After a montage that highlighted his feature films, work in musical documentaries and introductions from Leonardo DiCaprio and Olivia Harrison, Bob Dylan wowed the crowed and received a long standing ovation.
Bob Dylan is definitely a hot commodity for awards shows who want to bring crowds to their feet. The same response was seen during the 2011 GRAMMY Awards, when Dylan was joined by [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Mumford and Sons[/lastfm] and the [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Avett Brothers[/lastfm].
Though I think most of the fun was had by the two bands who got to perform with the legendary folk singer, who were wearing their “Holy crap… we’re playing with BOB DYLAN!” faces.
“Such a great honor and an amazing performance by the great one, Bob Dylan,” Scorsese said before accepting his award.
The two aren’t strangers either. They worked together on No Direction Home, a documentary by Scorsese that follows the life of Bob Dylan and the impact he had on American popular music and culture. No Direction Home covers the years between Dylan’s arrival in New York in January of 1961 and his “retirement” from touring, following his motorcycle accident in July of 1966.
More from The New 103.7 Lite FM
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt Releases First Photo As Edward Snowden in Oliver Stone Film
- Cher & Piers Morgan Feud on Twitter Over Older Pop Stars Wearing Fishnets
- Vince Vaughn & the Cast of ‘Unfinished Business’ Deliver Funny and Free Stock Photos
- First Look At Carrie Underwood’s New Baby
- Kid Is P***ed That His Comic Strips Were Pulled From Paper
- New Study Reveals The Average Male “Length”…For Real.
- New Company Will Offer Women Unlimited Blowouts For $99 A Month
- Watch Britney Spears Almost Lose Her Top During A Performance
- Local News Accidentally Aired A Minute Of Porn
- Have You Seen A Weasel Ride A Woodpecker? You Have Now!