Paula Deen’s Big Secret Revealed
TV chef, Paula Deen who is famous for high-calorie, Southern cooking that’s loaded with butter can’t eat her own dishes anymore. Why you ask?
Well Paula has been diagnosed with diabetes.
The Daily is reporting that the Georgian chef and Food Network star has been trying to keep her condition secret, but it’s getting too difficult since the National Enquirer reported in April that she has type 2 diabetes.
Type 2 diabetes is often associated with obesity and fatty foods.
Sources have told the Daily that the 64 year old Deen, ” has worked out a multimillion-dollar deal to be the spokeswoman for a pharmaceutical company and endorse the drug she is taking.”
The pharmaceutical company Novartis, Deen’s agent, and Deen have all failed to comment on this.
“Paula Deen is going to have to reposition herself now that she has diabetes,” said one source to the Daily. “She’s going to have to start cooking healthier recipes. She can’t keep pushing mac and cheese and deep-fried Twinkies when she is hawking a diabetes drug.”
The Daily points out that Deen is already faced with criticism for her unhealthy cooking. After her children’s cook book was released, Barbara Walters asked her, “You tell kids to have cheesecake for breakfast. You tell them to have chocolate cake and meatloaf for lunch. And french fries. Doesn’t it bother you that you’re adding to this?”
Anthony Bourdain has called Deen, “”the worst, most dangerous person to America” and said she should “think twice before telling an already obese nation that it’s OK to eat food that is killing us.”
Looks like Deen will finally have to change her cooking style. Or maybe she can just retire and fade from the spotlight.
Here son Bobby Deen has already tried to distance himself from his mother’s unhealthy cooking. His show, “Not My Mama’s Meals“, debuted on the Cooking Channel recently. He basically just cooks healthier versions of his mother’s recipes.
- Vine Of The Day: Online Dating Woes- 11.26.14
- Average Thanksgiving Meal? 3,690 calories!!!
- Demi Lovato Done With Miley Cyrus, Not Friends Anymore
- Alfonso Riberio Dancing With The Stars Champ!
- Is Khloe Trying To Out-Ass Kim?
- Check Out Kory’s Interview with Todd & Julie Chrisley!
- Prince Decides He Doesn’t Want an Internet Presence Anymore
- Joni Mitchell Nixed Biopic Because of Taylor Swift’s Involvement
- Kory Interviews Sachi White, Disneyland Ambassador At Disneyland Resort
- POLL: Cranberry Sauce…Homemade, or Canned?