No-Show Katy Perry Snags Five Out Of Seven People’s Choice Awards
Last night could have been just what [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Katy Perry[/lastfm] needed to cheer up despite all the divorce drama. The “California Gurls” singer was nominated for 7 People’s Choice Awards, and she won 5 of those 7. It would have been a big night for her had she not decided to stay home.
Despite her absence, Katy Perry dominated the music awards. She won Favorite Female Artist, Favorite Tour Headliner, Favorite Song (for “E.T.“), and Favorite Music Video (for “Last Friday Night (TGIF)“). Not only did she win big in the music section of the awards, Katy was named Favorite TV Guest Star for her appearance on “How I Met Your Mother.” Other winners in the music categories include [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Bruno Mars[/lastfm] as Favorite Male Artist, [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Maroon 5[/lastfm] as Favorite Band, and [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Taylor Swift[/lastfm] as Favorite Country Artist.
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2 also came away with several awards in the film categories; Favorite Movie of the Year, Favorite Action Movie, and Favorite Ensemble Movie Cast. Johnny Depp was named Favorite Movie Actor as well as Favorite Animated Movie Voice for his work in Rango. The Help‘s Emma Stone went home with awards for Favorite Movie Actress and Favorite Comedic Movie Actress. Bridemaids took Favorite Comedy, and Water For Elephants took Favorite Drama.
“How I Met Your Mother” triumphed over “Glee” and “Big Bang Theory” to win Favorite Network TV Comedy. “Glee” still got a win with Lea Michele taking home Favorite TV Comedy Actress. Neil Patrick Harris not only snagged Favorite TV Actor, he also nearly stole the show with a musical number. Other TV winners include “Castle,” “Hot In Cleveland,” “2 Broke Girls,” and “American Idol.”
For a full list of nominees and winners, head over to PeoplesChoice.com.
- Rumor: Destiny’s Child Reunion This Weekend?
- No, Seriously… She’s Not Going To Hollaback
- The World’s Most Famous Llamas: No Longer Legal?
- Many Directions: Easing The Pain Of Zayn Malik’s Departure
- Win Last Chance Ariana Grande Tickets
- Officer Responds To Pit Bull On The Loose, And They Become Best Friends!
- The Walking Dead Spinoff Title Revealed & Norman Reedus Breastfeeding Photo
- Childhood Stars: What They Look Like Now (And Then)
- Dallas Bigot Who Spray Painted “666” All Over Dallas Last Year Arrested…Finally.
- AUDIO: Our Listeners Sounded Off On The Anti-Gay Bill In Indiana