Kelly Clarkson Will Sing National Anthem At 2012 Super Bowl
Now Kelly Clarkson will be singing the National Anthem at the Super Bowl this coming February.
It hasn’t been officially announced yet, but her publicist has said that the original American Idol winner will be belting “The Star Spangled Banner” at the Super Bowl in Indianapolis on February 5th.
The broadcast will also feature [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Madonna[/lastfm], [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Nicki Mainaj[/lastfm], and [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]M.I.A[/lastfm]. during halftime show.
This makes Kelly the third American Idol to be on Francis Scott Key duty on Super Sunday. [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Jordan Sparks[/lastfm] and [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Carrie Underwood[/lastfm] beat her to the job. Kelly has done well in the past singing the Anthem in stadiums, which makes her a great candidate for the job.
Of course the bar has been set pretty low after [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Christina Aguilera[/lastfm]‘s blunder last year. Let’s all hope Kelly can remember all the words and put them in the right order.
We love Kelly and think hearing here sing the National Anthem at the big game will be a real treat.
Do you think Kelly deserves it? Or who would you pick to sing the Anthem? Leave your answer in the comments.
- Interview: Hayley Williams on the Paramore Cruise, the Fall Out Boy Tour & Why She’ll (Probably) Never Go Solo
- Will U2 Fans Have To Wait Until 2015 to Hear the Band’s New Album?
- Hollywood Hot Talk: Travolta’s Oscar Flub
- Bruce Springsteen’s ‘High Hopes’ Documentary Is Coming to HBO
- Man Claims He Shot Bigfoot
- Zazza & Julie’s Go-To Feel-Good Movies
- A Cute Note Passed Between Kids
- Gross Things Kids Do In Public
- The Perks Of Being President
- Warren Buffett Offers A Billion Dollars For The Perfect March Madness Bracket