Now Kelly Clarkson will be singing the National Anthem at the Super Bowl this coming February.
It hasn’t been officially announced yet, but her publicist has said that the original American Idol winner will be belting “The Star Spangled Banner” at the Super Bowl in Indianapolis on February 5th.
The broadcast will also feature [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Madonna[/lastfm], [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Nicki Mainaj[/lastfm], and [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]M.I.A[/lastfm]. during halftime show.
This makes Kelly the third American Idol to be on Francis Scott Key duty on Super Sunday. [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Jordan Sparks[/lastfm] and [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Carrie Underwood[/lastfm] beat her to the job. Kelly has done well in the past singing the Anthem in stadiums, which makes her a great candidate for the job.
Of course the bar has been set pretty low after [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Christina Aguilera[/lastfm]’s blunder last year. Let’s all hope Kelly can remember all the words and put them in the right order.
We love Kelly and think hearing here sing the National Anthem at the big game will be a real treat.
Do you think Kelly deserves it? Or who would you pick to sing the Anthem? Leave your answer in the comments.
- Who Wants To Slide Down The Glass Slide 1,000 Feet In The Air?
- Michael Jackson Secretly Recorded Tapes Bashing Prince And His Own Family
- Kayne West Claims Nude Celebrities In His “Famous” Video Are Real
- Check Out This Enormous Full-Size Version Of Noah’s Ark
- Kristian “Hodor” Nairn From ‘Game Of Thrones’ Set To DJ A Concert In Dallas
- You Won’t Believe What Taylor Swift Said About Tom Hiddleston
- There Is An Adult Summer Camp In Dallas And It Looks Amazing!
- Man Visits Texas Beach And Comes Back With Deadly Bacteria
- Husband’s Hidden Cameras Catch House Keeper Sleeping With His Wife!
- Parents Punish Teen Making Him Sleep In Tent In The Backyard!