A Facebook campaign started with the goal of gaining some support and maybe some awareness. Well they’ve done that and more. To the point that Mattel is starting to feel the heat.
The Facebook group Beautiful and Bald Barbie is over 50,000 ‘likes’ on the social network and people are starting to really get behind their purpose.
What they want is Mattel to distribute the one of a kind bald Barbie Mattel made fore a 4 year old suffering from cancer who lost her hair last year. The group wants that Barbie, or a similarly bald one, to be available to all their customer.
The organizers think a doll that is bald can help the self esteem of the copious amount of women and little girls who are bald because of chemotheropy. They explain their goals and reasons for the movement on the Facebook page with these words:
We would like to see a Beautiful and Bald Barbie made to help young girls who suffer from hair loss due to cancer treatments, Alopecia or Trichotillomania . Also, for young girls who are having trouble coping with their mother’s hair loss from chemo. Many children have some difficulty accepting their mother, sister, aunt, grandparent or friend going from a long haired to a bald.
If Mattel does agree to make the dolls the group hopes the company will donate at least some of the proceeds to Saint Jude’s Children’s Hospital.
There also has been a petition started on Change.org lobbying for the dolls. Sign it here
- Win Tickets To Coldplay’s Beach Bash
- Top 10 Reasons She Wants You To Dress Well!
- Soldier Surprises Mom After Being Away For 4.5 Years
- Movie Theater Apologizes For Showing R-Rated “Sausage Party” Trailer Before “Finding Dory”
- Crystal Pepsi Will Be Back In Stores This Summer
- American Girl Makes Dolls For Children With Alopecia!!!
- Bridezilla Asks The Bridal Party To Chip In For Her $10K Wedding Dress
- Lisa Frank Announces New Adult Coloring Books!
- Hawaiian Neighbors Aren’t Happy With Mark Zuckerberg’s New Privacy Fence
- Exes Jennifer Garner & Ben Affleck Team Up For A West Virginia Fundraiser