Barbie To Go Bald?
A Facebook campaign started with the goal of gaining some support and maybe some awareness. Well they’ve done that and more. To the point that Mattel is starting to feel the heat.
The Facebook group Beautiful and Bald Barbie is over 50,000 ‘likes’ on the social network and people are starting to really get behind their purpose.
What they want is Mattel to distribute the one of a kind bald Barbie Mattel made fore a 4 year old suffering from cancer who lost her hair last year. The group wants that Barbie, or a similarly bald one, to be available to all their customer.
The organizers think a doll that is bald can help the self esteem of the copious amount of women and little girls who are bald because of chemotheropy. They explain their goals and reasons for the movement on the Facebook page with these words:
We would like to see a Beautiful and Bald Barbie made to help young girls who suffer from hair loss due to cancer treatments, Alopecia or Trichotillomania . Also, for young girls who are having trouble coping with their mother’s hair loss from chemo. Many children have some difficulty accepting their mother, sister, aunt, grandparent or friend going from a long haired to a bald.
If Mattel does agree to make the dolls the group hopes the company will donate at least some of the proceeds to Saint Jude’s Children’s Hospital.
There also has been a petition started on Change.org lobbying for the dolls. Sign it here
- These Are The Worst Reality Star Singers Ever
- The Cast Of “Little House On The Prairie” Had A Reunion
- Taylor Swift Stuns On The Cover Of GQ. See The Pic!
- Scott Disick Posts Naked Picture Of Kourtney Kardashian On Instagram
- What Actor Just Revealed He Lost His Older Brother To Aids?
- Sheryl Crow to Perform National Anthem at the First Democratic Debate
- Mathew Knowles Offers Seminar on How to Be Like Beyoncé
- Your Netflix Subscription Is About To Go Up And You’re Not Going To Be Happy About It
- Are You Over Empire Already??
- The Reenactment Of The Motorcade In Dealey Plaza Today Was A Step Back In Time!