Barbie To Go Bald?
A Facebook campaign started with the goal of gaining some support and maybe some awareness. Well they’ve done that and more. To the point that Mattel is starting to feel the heat.
The Facebook group Beautiful and Bald Barbie is over 50,000 ‘likes’ on the social network and people are starting to really get behind their purpose.
What they want is Mattel to distribute the one of a kind bald Barbie Mattel made fore a 4 year old suffering from cancer who lost her hair last year. The group wants that Barbie, or a similarly bald one, to be available to all their customer.
The organizers think a doll that is bald can help the self esteem of the copious amount of women and little girls who are bald because of chemotheropy. They explain their goals and reasons for the movement on the Facebook page with these words:
We would like to see a Beautiful and Bald Barbie made to help young girls who suffer from hair loss due to cancer treatments, Alopecia or Trichotillomania . Also, for young girls who are having trouble coping with their mother’s hair loss from chemo. Many children have some difficulty accepting their mother, sister, aunt, grandparent or friend going from a long haired to a bald.
If Mattel does agree to make the dolls the group hopes the company will donate at least some of the proceeds to Saint Jude’s Children’s Hospital.
There also has been a petition started on Change.org lobbying for the dolls. Sign it here
- Ke$ha Is Feeling Better and Ready to Make Music
- Pharrell and United Nations Foundation Team Up for International Day of Happiness 2014
- Listen to Michael Jackson’s Unreleased Song, ‘Slave to the Rhythm’
- H&M Debuts Wedding Dress For Less Than $100
- Interview: Hayley Williams on the Paramore Cruise, the Fall Out Boy Tour & Why She’ll (Probably) Never Go Solo
- Will U2 Fans Have To Wait Until 2015 to Hear the Band’s New Album?
- Hollywood Hot Talk: Travolta’s Oscar Flub
- Bruce Springsteen’s ‘High Hopes’ Documentary Is Coming to HBO
- Man Claims He Shot Bigfoot
- Zazza & Julie’s Go-To Feel-Good Movies